PDA

View Full Version : Time to get the passport out

limjack
February 1st, 2009, 12:15
On the Round the World trip I have finally arrived at the Navel air station in Key West (started in Seattle almost 4 weeks ago..yikes). Yes, this is going to be a very slow go but enjoying. I flew of course down the Key West islands with REX water cranked up. Good times and really enjoyed looking out the window....a lot! Next it is time to leave the USA and head to Cuba or down the Caribbean islands to South America. Of course I have added some shots to the photo album of my trip. Perhaps they will warm a few of you up that have been suffering the cold temps this winter.

Jim

limjack
February 1st, 2009, 12:17
Forgot one...I like the clouds

CG_1976
February 1st, 2009, 12:35
Your cleared for MUHA. Dont forget MoCats CSP scenery. Adds a great touch to Havanna Scenery and MUHA.

harleyman
February 1st, 2009, 13:41
Great trip...beautiful shots....:applause:

Dexdoggy
February 1st, 2009, 14:34
Very nice pics, keep 'em coming!

limjack
February 1st, 2009, 16:00
Your cleared for MUHA. Dont forget MoCats CSP scenery. Adds a great touch to Havanna Scenery and MUHA.

Yes, should of downloaded mocats scenery package for the Caribbean area. I have his Alaska scenery and love it as well as the North pole additions.

Thanks for the kind words on the pics.

Ok, where would be the best area to cross over to Africa?

I was thinking Augusto Severu South America (NAT) and fly East twords St. Peter and Paul Rocks ( not sure if these Rocks in the middle of the ocean our represented in FSX?) Then land on the other side somewhere...great navigation plan.
Let me know if you guys have ideas or have crossed the Ocean down in that area.

Thanks for any input

Jim

Railrunner130
February 1st, 2009, 16:24
Nice pics!
I'm not sure what the best route to Africa is. However, I'd recommend going down to the eastern side of Brazil (can't read it on my map) and across to GLRB, which is in Liberia. There also appear to be some islands, but the only thing I can really identify is that they belong to Brazil and are not Ascension. I know Ascension was a popular crossing during WWII, but don't know much more than that.

Here's a tool that will show you the circle route and help with milage.
http://gc.kls2.com/

You'll need a map and some homework is required, but I think that'll help.

BTW- Don't bother with the passport. Just ask Willy for some advice in that neighborhood....

limjack
February 1st, 2009, 18:14
Nice pics!
I'm not sure what the best route to Africa is. However, I'd recommend going down to the eastern side of Brazil (can't read it on my map) and across to GLRB, which is in Liberia. There also appear to be some islands, but the only thing I can really identify is that they belong to Brazil and are not Ascension. I know Ascension was a popular crossing during WWII, but don't know much more than that.

Here's a tool that will show you the circle route and help with milage.

http://gc.kls2.com/

You'll need a map and some homework is required, but I think that'll help.

BTW- Don't bother with the passport. Just ask Willy for some advice in that neighborhood....

Wow, what a Superbowl! Us Bird teams are getting a bad reputation not being able to win a Superbowl.

Thanks for the cool tool Railrunner. I will check it out.

Jim