PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat

Nick C
February 1st, 2009, 11:46
Some new images of the FSAddon Bobcat which is still firmly in early beta.

More pictures here (http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74)

Scratch
February 1st, 2009, 11:51
It's a cute 'lil fella:wiggle:

n4gix
February 1st, 2009, 11:56
Thanks for the heads-up, Nick. I'll discontinue any further work on the T50 I'd begun some months ago, as there's really no point anymore... ;)

That's going to be an outstanding package! Don't forget the "Sky King" livery though... :ernae:

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 11:58
I didn't no Nick did liveries :wiggle:

I too will be looking forward to this :D

harleyman
February 1st, 2009, 11:59
Oh yea...We need the Sky King one for sure....:applause:

Looking good....:ernae:

Boomer
February 1st, 2009, 12:17
Very nice! :ernae::ernae::ernae:

I hope they include the float version.

doublecool
February 1st, 2009, 12:19
:applause::applause::applause:

Nick C
February 1st, 2009, 12:26
Thanks for the heads-up, Nick. I'll discontinue any further work on the T50 I'd begun some months ago, as there's really no point anymore.

I always think there is room for two of any product in the market place, although I'm no developer.

Don't forget the "Sky King" livery though.

Something like the one attached Bill?

Nick C
February 1st, 2009, 12:35
Dean read my post again :173go1::d

Lionheart
February 1st, 2009, 13:28
Very nice!

I am looking forward to this.

:ernae:

Bill N4Gix; You are a secretive person! I didnt know you had been working on a Bobcat!

Bill

vstudios
February 1st, 2009, 15:21
oops

Milton Shupe
February 1st, 2009, 16:52
The beautiful work there :applause:

Cactuskid
February 2nd, 2009, 01:34
Extra nice! Sign me up! :ernae: I always wanted a good model of Songbird, which really was Kirby Grant's personal airplane. I'm not sure why they switched to the 310B that was used in the later seasons...

falcon409
February 2nd, 2009, 03:43
I fly the AS Bobcat all the time and love it. One thing that would be nice with this new FSX version would be a pilot or the cockpit occupants without the stupid airline pilots cap. I know not everyone who ever flew the Bobcat had one of those laying around so they could slap it on when they went flying. Also, I thought the accents on the Songbird were red, not blue. As for why they changed from the Bobcat to the Cessna. . .no real clue. I liked the sleek look of the 310 over the Bobcat. . .it suited the prestige of Sky King more than the Bobcat for me and it's also possible it was pitched to the production company by Cessna for marketing purposes. . .an extremely popular show and a great way to get their product before the general public since it was a freebie to the show from Cessna.

gera
February 2nd, 2009, 10:33
Great for flying in the outback!!!!...

n4gix
February 2nd, 2009, 14:25
I always think there is room for two of any product in the market place, although I'm no developer.

No sweat. I had started work on this about a year ago for a planned freeware release, since none was made for FS9 or FSX, and the freeware FS2k version just plain didn't look all that great in FSX.

I've just shoved it back further in the hanger for now, not wanting to take away anything from this outstanding project!

As with all my freeware projects, it was being worked on "as time allows," which is another way of saying "not very fast at all..." :whistle:

Goodness knows, I've got more than enough to keep me busy for the next few years! :faint:

Nick C
February 2nd, 2009, 15:20
While you are here Bill, I'd just like to say thanks for your 3GB switch post on Avsim. Followed your instructions and they worked a treat.

Simon Smeiman is the developer behind this Bobcat, just to clear up any earlier confusion too :ernae:

falcon409
February 2nd, 2009, 18:27
No sweat. I had started work on this about a year ago for a planned freeware release, since none was made for FS9 or FSX, and the freeware FS2k version just plain didn't look all that great in FSX. . . . . . . .
Actually, without hijacking this thread, there is a very nice Bobcat from AlphaSim for FS9, been out for years and now freeware. This one will no doubt raise the bar but it isn't the first for FS9.

Nick C
February 3rd, 2009, 09:28
I hope they include the float version.

Bob, I can only find the following photo of a Bobcat on floats, do you have any additional information?

http://www.nps.gov/history/history/online_books/katm/chap5a.htm

Nick C
February 18th, 2009, 14:05
You ask, you recieve :wiggle:

Despite the lack of data on the float conversion, Simon has created what I think is a very pleasant example.
http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/images/fsaddon/bobcat/fsaddon_bobcat_11.jpg

doublecool
February 18th, 2009, 15:17
that there is SWEET:jump:

Moses03
February 18th, 2009, 15:26
Too late for any photo assistance methinks.

Cazzie
February 18th, 2009, 17:37
With that "Sky King" livery, you may have thrown EasyEd over the line. He's gonna have to get FSX now! :jump:

Caz

Nick C
March 1st, 2009, 06:31
Possibly a tad too late Moses, but thanks, I'll pass that photo on.

Here are some final images of the exterior. I've linked to a post on my forum as there are 15 images in total and not everybody may want to click through.

http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74&p=363#p363

6297J
March 1st, 2009, 06:45
I hope those Lego passengers aren't visible from inside the VC!

Nick C
March 1st, 2009, 07:22
All passengers at this point are visible inside and out and I think it's unfair to describe them as Lego.

6297J
March 1st, 2009, 07:34
Sorry Nick but this is the one time I think your employers might not be pleased with your work - beta or not the vc shots look awful and I do think it's a mistake to leave the passengers/co-pilot in view because unless they are really well modelled they will always look like the inflatable autopilot in Airline.

Nick C
March 1st, 2009, 07:39
I don understand your concerns, however I think you have to remember the charm of Bill Lyon's machines when considering this package.

Francois
March 1st, 2009, 07:55
I would be worried if Simon wanted 25 Euros for the package....... but he doesn't :whistle:

Nick C
March 1st, 2009, 08:00
Thanks Francois, I didn't want to comment on the price as this has nothing to do with me, but I guessed this would be in the same arena as the Super Cub which was designed by Simon too.

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-piper-super-cub.phtml

Boomer
March 1st, 2009, 08:08
Sorry Nick, I didnt see your post until just now.

I am gratified to see that there will be a float version now :ernae:

6297J
March 1st, 2009, 08:14
Thanks Francois, I didn't want to comment on the price as this has nothing to do with me

Quite, you get them for nothing :caked:

As far as I remember Bill Lyons aircraft had an option for removing passengers with a keystroke :pop4:

I HATE flying with passengers!!!

Nick C
March 1st, 2009, 08:14
That's OK Bob, you can be smug in the knowledge that your initial post instigated the float version :ernae:

Nick C
March 1st, 2009, 08:16
I HATE flying with passengers!!!

A few of your passengers passed comment on their pilot too, but I felt this wasn't the place to discuss it :gossip: :costumes:

6297J
March 1st, 2009, 08:27
A few of your passengers passed comment on their pilot too, but I felt this wasn't the place to discuss it :gossip: :costumes:

It's true, I am the most antisocial pilot in the world :a1310:
Give me a one seater anyday!