PDA

View Full Version : SimShed Nimrod

Tom Burnside
November 19th, 2015, 14:14
I cant seem to get this thing off the runway I thought I may have to set the trim but even that hasnt done anything.

DaveB
November 19th, 2015, 14:43
I've no idea what you could be doing. The Nimrod is a great model and a great flyer. Where are you trying to take off from?
ATB
DaveB:)

Cees Donker
November 19th, 2015, 19:00
No problem here to get her in the air! No idea what could be the cause.........

Cees

BTW: thanks for reminding me of this wonderful freeware offering! Great model!

Ferry_vO
November 20th, 2015, 00:30
Accidentally used the wingfold command?

Tom Burnside
November 20th, 2015, 02:57
I've no idea what you could be doing. The Nimrod is a great model and a great flyer. Where are you trying to take off from?
ATB

From RAF Kinloss the nose gets off the ground but nothing more just stays on the ground.

DaveB
November 20th, 2015, 03:09
She should get off the deck easily from Kinloss. Leave the trim alone for now and set 1 notch of flap. Incidentally.. we had a Nimrod QFI on the team and while this guarantees nothing, the flight model is well within the bounds of reality;)

EDIT: A thought occurred. Look to the LH of the pilots seat and you'll see a panel with icons for map, radio e t c. One is for kneepad. Bring this up and you'll see a reference page. Make sure you fly to the flap settings and take off speeds listed. Full up.. she's a heavy girl and I get a feeling you're trying to rotate too early. This will only extend your takeoff run. At full weight.. pull back on the stick at around 150kts (no less) and you'll ease off the deck with plenty of room to spare.
ATB
DaveB;)

Roger
November 20th, 2015, 04:57
Tom, I wonder if your default flight... from which you build your Nimrod flight is one of the default FsX aircraft? If not it may affect some parameters of the Nimrod.

Lewis-A2A
November 20th, 2015, 05:13
One of my fav freeware models, always worked great for me. Like Roger the default flight would be a good place to start.

txnetcop
November 20th, 2015, 06:18
I had that happen once...I got so frustrated I pushed the Y key then F4 until I got to a certain height and pushed the Y key again and it just kept diving...then I pushed the Z key and it flew like a champ. I landed and saved a default flight.

tommieboy
November 20th, 2015, 07:40
Overweight?

DaveB
November 20th, 2015, 09:19
It's not that mate (or shouldn't be). The Nimrod loads well under weight.. full of fuel but without any bangers in the belly:) It's either his default flight (he could be choosing the Nimrod without loading a default model first) or he's trying to take-off out of cfg. Out of config covers a multitude of sins I know but there's no good reason for the Nimrod not to get off the deck.
ATB

rvn817j
November 20th, 2015, 09:40
I don't remember the specifics, but I could not get the aircraft off the ground. Went to the fuel and payload page and saw that both fuel and payload were way overweight. Check the fuel and payload page to make sure that's not the issue.

Tom Burnside
November 20th, 2015, 10:44
Its not the weight I always reduce that before loading the flight ill give it another go and see what happens.

tommieboy
November 20th, 2015, 21:59
Its not the weight I always reduce that before loading the flight ill give it another go and see what happens.

Try reducing the fuel load, etc down to 20%, just to see if you can get it off the ground. That's what I typically do with any aircraft that is giving me problems.

Tommy

DaveB
November 21st, 2015, 05:27
It's NOT weight guys. The MR1 loads (default) 167686lbs. MGW is 192000lbs so at default load.. it's 24314lbs shy. It will get off the deck at Kinloss easy at this weight, even without any headwind. Push the taps to the stops.. wait for 150kts then rotate.

Are you sure you have the FSX model Tom?
ATB