PDA

View Full Version : fsx mesh in fs2004?

oak666
February 1st, 2009, 08:50
i just came across a potentially purdy 19m freeware mesh for fsx and was wondering if there is anyway it could be used in fs2004? reverse engineering? :wiggle:

bull494
February 1st, 2009, 13:44
It is my general understanding that the terrain mesh for FSX will not work for FS9. It has a different engine for depicting the scenery (from what I have read before). On the subject of reverse engineering, it is probably not a good idea to suggest such a thing since most software developers would see that as piracy.

J

Tom Clayton
February 1st, 2009, 19:22
There's freeware mesh available for most of the globe in FS9. What region are you looking at?

Lionheart
February 1st, 2009, 19:50
On the subject of reverse engineering, it is probably not a good idea to suggest such a thing since most software developers would see that as piracy.

J

If you purchase it, and you use it on your computer only, that isnt piracy.

:d

Bill

bull494
February 1st, 2009, 20:47
True...I tend to get a little fidgety with the word reverse engineering. After all, quite a few of us (including myself) do modify aircraft files for personal use. :redf:

J

oak666
February 2nd, 2009, 01:56
Yep i only meant using mesh in FS2004 which was actually made for FSX. For fun and only on my computer.

The mesh i was referring to is at simviation by Raimondo Taburet (here (http://www.simviation.com/simviation/static.php?ID=147&page=)). I know about the FS2004 global terrain there and use it. Good stuff.

Motormouse
February 2nd, 2009, 10:37
I've tried with other files, some does and some doesn't (no names--> no pack drill), depends on the compiler used to make the .bgl I guess, d/load and try it, might work,might not then all you have to do is press 'delete' :typing:

ttfn

Pete

bull494
February 2nd, 2009, 12:19
Yep i only meant using mesh in FS2004 which was actually made for FSX. For fun and only on my computer.

The mesh i was referring to is at simviation by Raimondo Taburet (here (http://www.simviation.com/simviation/static.php?ID=147&page=)). I know about the FS2004 global terrain there and use it. Good stuff.

Sorry Oak, I was not implying that you were dishonest. My apologies if you or anyone else was offended.

J