PDA

View Full Version : Apparent OrbX Library update issue

GypsyBaron
November 12th, 2015, 10:53
Just a heads up. Apparently SOME users that have updated to the latest OrbX libraray, 151108, have had
their OrbX folder deleted!

I just read a thread over on AVSIM and the linked OrbX forum posts on this subject.

I would wait until there is a definite resolution to the problem. It appears to affect some, but not all, who
have done the update.

Paul

http://www.avsim.com/topic/478142-major-orbx-libraries-problem/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105779-ftxorbxlibs_151108/?do=findComment&comment=953599 (http://www.avsim.com/topic/478142-major-orbx-libraries-problem/)

norab
November 12th, 2015, 13:05
some report that it is an anti piracy feature that deletes pirated versions of their sceneries

GypsyBaron
November 12th, 2015, 15:27
some report that it is an anti piracy feature that deletes pirated versions of their sceneries

I suppose that could be the case but have never heard of such events occuring with past updates.

I wouldn't expect anyone with pirated versions to be posting on the OrbX forums as to the problem. The posts I have
seen there have their order numbers in their sig, as required by OrbX

I'm going to wait until I can be reasonably certain that there are no issues as I really don't want to have to
do a full backup of my 126 GB OrbX folder.

Paul

flaviossa
November 12th, 2015, 16:16
Just for the info, i installed it ok both in fsx-se and p3dv3. No issues here :encouragement:

Crusader
November 12th, 2015, 18:55
Just for the info, i installed it ok both in fsx-se and p3dv3. No issues here :encouragement:

I too installed both without any issues into P3Dv3 and FSX-SE. I used the full installation file from the FTX Support section rather than using the Update from FTX Central as Ed Correia advised for P3Dv3 users .

Rich

Firekitten
November 12th, 2015, 19:22
Remember when this happened after the vector 1.2 patch?

Remember when it was a registry checking security measure?

*Grin*

And they post about it on the orbx forum :a1310::pop4::dizzy::redfire:

Crusader
November 12th, 2015, 19:35
Remember when this happened after the vector 1.2 patch?

Remember when it was a registry checking security measure?

*Grin*

And they post about it on the orbx forum :pop4::dizzy::redfire:

Now that you mention it , I sort of recall this happening . I do know there is some very irate customers now .:icon36:
ORBX forum down now until the 15th to redo forum. This probably could not of come at a better time now to clear the sparks and smoke . I'm one of the lucky ones .

Firekitten
November 12th, 2015, 19:47
One irate customer with nearly all the content and fss codes... apart from vector, and both open land class packs....

but no vector fss ID code...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:encouragement:

limjack
November 12th, 2015, 21:18
Dang, I had a window appear with a warning when I was updating the libraries yesterday. Saying something about object flow and kmry airfield. Asked me if I wanted to continue and I did ( I did go to their forum first to see if their was an issues with the download but of course they were off line and updating it) Everything downloaded fine as I went right to that airfield to check to see if it was working properly. I don't remember the exact warning but I did take a screen shot of it before proceeding in case I had to get help from FTX Orbx forum folks. I would post the screenshot but away from that rig until next week. Hope the rest of my sim world is ok.

Jim