PDA

View Full Version : Skysim Mirage

Tom Burnside
November 11th, 2015, 14:09
What actually happened to it Ive seen that its featured on a website called ALS-SIMS but theres no link.

Ian Warren
November 11th, 2015, 14:13
Brilliant model, It was pulled from the shelves a few years back, I have heard a version two is on its way but be'ss a wait.

Tom Burnside
November 11th, 2015, 14:38
Brilliant model, It was pulled from the shelves a few years back, I have heard a version two is on its way but be'ss a wait.

How long will we have to wait ive only just remembered that skysim did it so Im kinda after it.

Ian Warren
November 11th, 2015, 15:23
I don't think it will be under the Skysim label , many freewares would suffice tho won't equal , all that can be done currently .

StormILM
November 11th, 2015, 16:17
I have the original (bought it the day it was released). Since then (as noted) the original version was pulled and a new version was under build. I tested and still have that raw alpha version which shows a significant improvement over the first version but I do not know that status of the upgrade plans (and prefer to let that be spoken by the proper persons at the proper time). In the meantime, the freeware Restauravia versions are quite nice functional.

wombat666
November 11th, 2015, 23:07
I've had it from early on and despite waiting patiently for the 'update' I doubt it will ever happen.
People do move on to newer and more profitable projects.

Tom Burnside
November 12th, 2015, 04:13
I've had it from early on and despite waiting patiently for the 'update' I doubt it will ever happen.
People do move on to newer and more profitable projects.

Thats a shame really want this one.

harrybasset
November 12th, 2015, 05:09
I bought the original release but when I wanted to install it on a new computer I had so many problems and no success. Because of that I would never knowingly buy from that source/team again. In my opinion the Restauravia Mirages are excellent and trouble free.

Tom Burnside
November 12th, 2015, 13:03
I bought the original release but when I wanted to install it on a new computer I had so many problems and no success. Because of that I would never knowingly buy from that source/team again. In my opinion the Restauravia Mirages are excellent and trouble free.

Does it come with afterburners because from what ive seen I havent seen any flames coming out the back.

JensOle
November 12th, 2015, 13:14
The problem with the Restauravia Mirage is not the quality, but the selection of Mirage III models, only the B and C. Only the Skysim package covers the much more produced IIIE and R models (with a healthy selection of sub models as well). Almost all export Mirage III's were based on the E model (only Israel and South Africa bought the earlier C).

DaveB
November 12th, 2015, 13:58
Does it come with afterburners because from what ive seen I havent seen any flames coming out the back.

Surprisingly enough Tom.. fighters don't go everywhere on AB!!

If the Restauravia models don't float your boat and you want to spend some money.. take a look at the Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000.
ATB
DaveB:)

fsafranek
November 12th, 2015, 15:56
Can't add anything to what has already been said. Although Mark did mention the Mirage a couple weeks ago.
But that doesn't mean he's ready to work on it again. Probably just messing with me.
:ernaehrung004:

DaveB
November 13th, 2015, 00:44
Frank.. tell him to leave the Mirage alone and get Eagle finished:encouragement:

ATB

harrybasset
November 13th, 2015, 03:01
Frank.. tell him to leave the Mirage alone and get Eagle finished:encouragement:

ATB

Having Eagle available would go a long way to getting me back as a customer.

Tom Burnside
November 13th, 2015, 03:17
Surprisingly enough Tom.. fighters don't go everywhere on AB!!

If the Restauravia models don't float your boat and you want to spend some money.. take a look at the Metal2Mesh Mirage 2000.
ATB

I know they dont I just wanted to know if it had an afterburner.

Montie
November 13th, 2015, 04:23
What Eagle are we talking about? I am curious is Skysim still developing add ons?

DaveB
November 13th, 2015, 04:44
No.. but Mark (ALS-SIMS) had one on the go (also years back) of which there are pictures on his site.;)

ATB

wombat666
November 13th, 2015, 06:50
Yes it does have an afterburner.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1764x1029q90/r/911/mPNTGJ.jpg

Ian Warren
November 13th, 2015, 11:27

ATB
That's will be a real doosie , the Eagle :adoration:

Ferry_vO
November 13th, 2015, 11:33
What Eagle are we talking about? I am curious is Skysim still developing add ons?

The HMS Eagle, not the F-15 Eagle. ;-)

Not that it matters, as the site hasn't changed a bit in years..

Ferry_vO
November 13th, 2015, 11:35

And a rocket engine as well!

:icon37:

Tom Burnside
November 13th, 2015, 13:18

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1764x1029q90/r/911/mPNTGJ.jpg

Thank you.