PDA

View Full Version : Rob Richardson AI

Wings of Gold
November 10th, 2015, 14:04
I have started this new thread so as not to hijack the previous one. I hope that Rob reads this, but if anyone else can offer something - please do so.

I love all of Rob's classic aircraft - my favorites being the ubiquitous Meteor Mk.8 and the Hornets (which are one of the truly beautiful designs). The problem is that I can't populate their home airfields with any AI. As far as I know, no AI exist.

My plea to Rob is to consider creating some AI using the existing models (minus VC's etc.). Yes - that is not a created from ground up, best frame friendly, ideal solution, but it's much preferable to the present void. I realize that Rob is presently occupied with the Barracuda - but. perhaps later???

Best to you all, Bill

DaveB
November 10th, 2015, 14:44
Bill..

Rob made a number of AI models.. all of which used to be on his website. I'm sure he'll get them up again when he has time;)
ATB
DaveB:)

Wings of Gold
November 10th, 2015, 14:51
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I seemed to recall that - but then when I didn't find any...

Hopefully he'll see this.

ATB, Bill

robcarrich
November 10th, 2015, 15:05
I have started this new thread so as not to hijack the previous one. I hope that Rob reads this, but if anyone else can offer something - please do so.

I love all of Rob's classic aircraft - my favorites being the ubiquitous Meteor Mk.8 and the Hornets (which are one of the truly beautiful designs). The problem is that I can't populate their home airfields with any AI. As far as I know, no AI exist.

My plea to Rob is to consider creating some AI using the existing models (minus VC's etc.). Yes - that is not a created from ground up, best frame friendly, ideal solution, but it's much preferable to the present void. I realize that Rob is presently occupied with the Barracuda - but. perhaps later???

Best to you all, Bill

Hello Bill, I have in fact turned most of my FSX models into lower poly AI aircraft, I use a few myself.
The trouble is I am running out of space on my website and without spending a shed load more money to upgrade I tend to file the AI's away.
I could maybe put a few up at a time, I'll have a rummage around in the archives and put something together.

RobR

DaveWG
November 10th, 2015, 22:05
There's nothing to stop you using the existing models as AI, just need some flight plans.

DaveB
November 11th, 2015, 00:10
Bill..

What you can always do in these circumstances is copy your existing model folder.. rename it to AI.. change the cfg entries to read AI for each paint then remove the interior.mdl from the model folder. The end result isn't as efficient as a full AI model but they won't have the system overhead of a full model. EDIT: Remove the panel folder too.

In the meantime, I found 10 of Rob's AI models in their own dedicated folder. Most unlike me to be so organised!:biggrin-new: I've split them into 3 sets and have uploaded them for you (hoping Rob doesn't mind). I can't keep 'em there indefinitely.. I've had to delete stuff I had online just to fit these in so grab 'm while you can.

SET1 (http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/RRai1.zip)
Comprises of:
Basset
Meteor NF14
Attacker
Shackleton

SET2 (http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/RRai2.zip)
Comprises:
Venom FB1
Vampire FB5
Vampire
Sea Vampire

SET3 (http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/RRai3.zip)
Comprises:
Meteor F Mk8
Twin Pin
ATB

Wings of Gold
November 12th, 2015, 05:39
Hi Dave,

Many thanks for these AI. That solves my need for an Meteor AI. Do you know if there was ever a Hornet (or Sea Hornet) AI?

Bill

Wings of Gold
November 12th, 2015, 05:43
Hi Rob,

Any AI you can provide would be most appreciated.

ATB,

Bill

DaveB
November 12th, 2015, 05:50
It's possible Bill but if there is/was one.. I'm surprised I don't have it. I got all the models above in one go and in 'be prepared' mode (should I ever need one.. I've got one):biggrin-new:

As DaveG said.. you can use the full model as AI too if you want although if you're struggling for resources.. full models aren't a good idea. The alternative is to copy your Sea Hornet folder and rename it AI Sea Hornet. Then, open the cfg and change each title= line by adding AI to the title. Open the model folder and bin the interior.mdl file for each model (if there's more than one) then bin the panel folder. You'll now have a cut-down full model with less system overheads than a full model AND.. all your current paints will fit;)

I'll see if I can find an AI Sea Hornet lurking outside where the rest are and send it to you if I find one;)
ATB

Wings of Gold
November 12th, 2015, 06:19
Dave,

I appreciate your looking.

Rob,

I just found the AI that you put up, including the Hornet. Most appreciated.

Bill

DaveB
November 12th, 2015, 06:59
Case closed then and a successful conclusion:encouragement:

ATB