PDA

View Full Version : JF Tonka Frame Rates

Tom Burnside
November 9th, 2015, 14:26
The Justflight Tornado is definitely on my must have list but everytime I think about going to buy it I see a lot of posts about frame rate issues. I know SP3 has just been released but has this sorted the problem.

Roger
November 9th, 2015, 14:35
The Justflight Tornado is definitely on my must have list but everytime I think about going to buy it I see a lot of posts about frame rate issues. I know SP3 has just been released but has this sorted the problem.

For me, yes. (see my specs below)

IanP
November 9th, 2015, 15:03
I have no frame rate issues with the latest version.

Ian P.

flaviossa
November 9th, 2015, 15:05
SP3 did the job. FPS as good as possible now. (But still work on the Tornado performance config panel to get what´s best for you)

delta_lima
November 9th, 2015, 15:05
Download the demo and you'll know conclusively.

dl

Tom Burnside
November 10th, 2015, 03:51
Cheers guys.

wombat666
November 10th, 2015, 07:09
No big hit at my end either.
Don't fly it much however.
:encouragement:

cortomalteseit
November 10th, 2015, 10:01
Download the demo and you'll know conclusively.

dl

For my experience I had no joy with the demo, since the textures were not visible.
I'll pass this time...

DaveWG
November 10th, 2015, 12:15
I find it's OK now, but still heavier on the frames than other comparable aircraft such as the VRS Superbug.

dhasdell
November 11th, 2015, 03:56
I don't have it myself, but a good friend does and when I mentioned this thread and asked his opinion he took it for a flight and claimed fps in the mid 50s. The general view seems to be that SP3 has done the trick. Incidentally, the JF site claims compatibility with P3D v3 already.

As for a lack of textures in the demo that sounds very odd. The JF page states clearly that one set is included. Have you tried their help page?

DaveB
November 11th, 2015, 04:13
It could be a lack of oomph in the system department too. When I had the original.. the back of the model pretty much always loaded textures slower than the front bit. The only other model I can think of that does the same is the F1/Virtavia Bn2. Strange but true:icon_eek:

ATB
DaveB:)

DaveWG
November 11th, 2015, 06:06
That can happen if a model uses different textures for the front and rear parts, and then the VC model only uses the front one. When you switch to external view, the front texture is already in memory & loads instantly whereas the rear has to be fetched from disk.

DaveB
November 11th, 2015, 06:13
I should have known you'd know Dave:encouragement: It's a perfectly logical explanation too.. not only that, it makes complete sense!!:very_drunk:

ATB

dhasdell
November 11th, 2015, 06:45
OT I know, but I just landed at Bembridge in DaveWG's Auster. Still a favourite.

DaveB
November 11th, 2015, 06:54
OT I know, but I just landed at Bembridge in DaveWG's Auster. Still a favourite.

Yes and Yes. Very definitely OT and Dave's Auster remains a favourite of mine too:encouragement:
ATB

cortomalteseit
November 11th, 2015, 07:45
Nope, neither the VC nor the external view loads in seconds or minutes, in my case. This is the only model in my FS experience that shows this issue.. :frown-new:
I'm very sorry that I can't try this amazing model, the Tonka is one of my favourite planes and Just Flight surely did a great job with it, video and screenshots are the proof!
Regards

IanHenry
November 11th, 2015, 08:01
Nope, neither the VC nor the external view loads in seconds or minutes, in my case. This is the only model in my FS experience that shows this issue.. :frown-new:
I'm very sorry that I can't try this amazing model, the Tonka is one of my favourite planes and Just Flight surely did a great job with it, video and screenshots are the proof!
Regards

Try contacting JustFlight's support people, there very good.

Ian

DaveWG
November 11th, 2015, 10:14
Regards

Which version of FSX are you using? If you're still using the original disc FSX without Acceleration or the service packs it won't be able to display the high res textures, but in that case I'm sure you would have encountered the problem with other models. Otherwise, I've no idea!

cortomalteseit
November 11th, 2015, 11:06
Try contacting JustFlight's support people, there very good.

Ian

Thanks, I know the great support of Just Flight Team, may be I'll contact them!

Which version of FSX are you using? If you're still using the original disc FSX without Acceleration or the service packs it won't be able to display the high res textures, but in that case I'm sure you would have encountered the problem with other models. Otherwise, I've no idea!

I'm using P3D v3 which, although my not so modern pc, is running smoothly with a great variety of aircrafts.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions, and sorry for my not perfect english!