PDA

View Full Version : Texas

EasyEd
November 8th, 2015, 16:57
Hey All,

Great for Jimmie - real bummer for Brad - but that is the way it goes in this format. Notice how totally clean Brad raced Jimmie.

Totally bad break for Joey.

And note the class in Brad's post race interview. Both Penske drivers real class.

To me the guy who is the most impressive today is the 4. Two bad break flats driving from 40th through the field driving one handed holding the shifter in 4th and still finishes third. The junkyard dog won't quit. i admire Kevin more all the time.

Next would be the 78 single car team using RCR engines doin well. Just wish Richard would get some drivers.

Phoenix will be interesting.

-Ed-

stansdds
November 9th, 2015, 02:03
Yep, Phoenix is going to be a blast.

Panther_99FS
November 9th, 2015, 15:52
Yep, Phoenix is going to be a blast.

Oh yeah! - I like the circuit...When I was stationed at DMAFB, I went there a couple of times to watch the IRL practice....

Hopefully, Joey took some notes from a 6x Cup Champion on how to pass a slower car without moving the driver over...

WND
November 10th, 2015, 03:25
Hopefully, Joey took some notes from a 6x Cup Champion on how to pass a slower car without moving the driver over...

If I remember correctly, Jeff didn't have to get into Jamie at Martinsville to get by him either !! Just some good / clean / hard racing !!!

I agree, Phoenix will be very interesting - to say the least !! Maybe another 'non chaser' will step up and take the 'glory' !!!!

Daveroo
November 10th, 2015, 05:42

dont count on it,guys like him will never change,when it comes to a win,dumpin the guy in front is fair game.....dale,jeff,rusty,darrel,,,need i go on?..and all of them had huge egos too.

Panther_99FS
November 10th, 2015, 15:30
If I remember correctly, Jeff didn't have to get into Jamie at Martinsville to get by him either !!

IMHO,
A closer comparison would be Gordon moving Jeff Burton out of the way at Darlington for his million dollar win....

WND
November 11th, 2015, 01:46
IMHO,
A closer comparison would be Gordon moving Jeff Burton out of the way at Darlington for his million dollar win....

MY MISTAKE !!! I thought the original reference was about how Jimmie was able to get by Brad without even touching him !!

However, I do remember that race with JG and JB - I just can't remember if the results for JB where the same as Matt's at Kansas..

EasyEd
November 11th, 2015, 08:39
Hey All,

Burton and Gordon - the 97 Southern 500

...Burton had the strongest car all race Sunday, always fighting back among the leaders after falling behind in the pits. He seemed clearly out of it, in sixth place with 25 laps to go and about a quarter of the track to make up. But by the last lap, Burton was on Gordon's back bumper and ready to end the young star's million-dollar dream.But Gordon shot down low in front of Burton coming out of Turn 4 and the cars hit.
``I would have expected it [in the same situation],'' Gordon said.
Burton admitted he tried to spin out Gordon for ``cutting down'' on him.
Gordon had no regrets about his strategy. He had said all week that if he had the million dollars in sight, anything was possible.
``If I have a shot to win this thing on the last lap, watch out because there's a guy going for a million bucks and three Southern 500s in a row,'' Gordon said.

From: http://articles.philly.com/1997-09-02/sports/25551012_1_southern-500s-gordon-and-jeff-burton-mcleod-regional-medical-center

This is the heart of NASCAR. Rubbin is racin. There is no excuse for on track retaliation or spinning other drivers willy nilly. But going for the win - Jeff Gordon said it well. Joey followed suit at Kansas.

If you want "clean" racin where it is all about the better car and sometimes tryin to pressure a driver into a mistake by pressing from behind and effect a pass in one of the couple passable spots on a track watch a battle for 10th where there are relatively equal cars in F1 but never expect the battle to be for the win.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 11th, 2015, 13:49
Speaking of history or "just racin'"....

Logano forced Harvick up the track and caused the No. 4 car to bounce off the wall. Harvick ended up with a flat tire and finished 11th while Logano finished sixth.

-> http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2015/02/14/kevin-harvick-joey-logano-2015-sprint-unlimited/23442251/

I wonder if Harvick paid Kenseth...LoL