PDA

View Full Version : The CAS dismisses request by Valentino Rossi

wombat666
November 5th, 2015, 04:51
"On 4 November 2015, a preliminary hearing was held at the headquarters of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne in the matter Valentino Rossi v. the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme. The FIM was represented by its Legal Director, Mr Richard Perret.

Following the hearing, the CAS issued an Order dismissing the application for a stay filed by Mr Rossi concerning the decision rendered on 25 October 2015 by the FIM Stewards (see Order attached).
The CAS ruling on the request for stay of execution does not prejudge the final award on the merits of the case.
In appealing to the CAS against the decision of the FIM Stewards, Mr Rossi seeks annulment or modification of the FIM Stewards’ decision taken at the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in Sepang, in which the FIM Stewards confirmed the 3 penalty points awarded by the Race Direction to Mr Rossi following an incident on Turn 14.
The FIM takes note of the ruling of the CAS.
As a consequence of this ruling, at the Gran Premi de la Comunitat Valenciana, last race of the FIM World Championship Grand Prix, Mr Rossi will start from the last position on the Grid."

Not a happy camper with the result but Rossi shouldn't have gone there!
When people like his own team manager (Lin Jarvis) agreed with his penalty as well as the legendary Giacomo Agostini then Valentino should have realised he was pissing into the wind. :banghead:

Victory103
November 5th, 2015, 07:33
I can only hope for a wet race with 99 and 93 going at it. Rossi has come through the field before.

If Lorenzo wins the race then Rossi needs to finish second to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes second then Rossi needs to finish on the podium to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes third then Rossi needs to finish sixth or better to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes fourth then Rossi needs to finish ninth or better to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes fifth to ninth then Rossi needs to finish no more than six places further back to become world champion.

If Lorenzo finishes lower than ninth then Rossi will be world champion

Panther_99FS
November 5th, 2015, 17:09
This is interesting....
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/motogp-rossi-regrets-move-on-marquez-in-sepang-110515

wombat666
November 6th, 2015, 02:13
Even more interesting if you read the comments from the ignorant and unwashed.
As long as I can remember the 'Riders Racing Rules' are simple, one should always finish ahead of your team mate and never give way to a rival, particularly a rival manufacturers team.
If the opposition are racing for the Championship then that is their problem, one has no obligation to pull over and let them go by (unless they are putting a lap on you).
Winning for your team, sponsors, followers and for yourself is what the game is all about.
:triumphant:

wombat666
November 6th, 2015, 07:55
Jorge Lorenzo finished on top of the combined timesheets after Friday's Practice ahead of Marquez and Pedrosa, with Rossi fifth.

Movistar Yamaha's Lorenzo produced a 1'31.111 in glorious sunshine during the second free practice to end Friday at the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana fastest. The Spaniard is bidding to lift his third MotoGP World Championship as he trails Rossi by seven points in the standings heading into the #TheGrandFinale. His time was less than a second off Marquez's Pole Record from 2013 (1'30.237) and he managed to finish 0.364 seconds quicker than his title rival Rossi as Lorenzo aims to make it a clean sweep of the Spanish rounds in 2015, having already tasted victory at Jerez, Catalunya and Aragon.

Repsol Honda's Marquez (+0.139 seconds) was one of the few top riders not to improve his time in FP2, but his 1'31.250 that saw him top FP1 was good enough to secure second overall on the combined timesheets. The man who will have to hand over his MotoGP title on Sunday managed to pull off a couple of remarkable saves throughout the day, at turn eight in FP1 and turn two in FP2, when it looked easier to crash.

His teammate Dani Pedrosa (+0.266 seconds), the man who has won two of the last three races and has six wins to his name at Valencia, completed the provisional front row. The Spaniard is aiming for his 100th MotoGP podium on Sunday; he would be only the second person to achieve the feat after Rossi. Ducati Team's Andrea Iannone (+0.333 seconds) improved by over seven-tenths throughout the day to finish in fourth as the leading Desmosedici.

Movistar Yamaha's championship leader Rossi, who will be forced to start from the back of the grid in the race after his appeal for a stay of execution to the CAS was rejected, was just 0.031 seconds further back from Iannone in fifth. The 'Doctor' improved by almost three tenths throughout the day and finished just 0.364s off the pace of his title rival Lorenzo as he bids to lift his tenth world title come Sunday's race.

Only the first day but three Spaniards and a Ducati ahead of Rossi ............. :encouragement:

Panther_99FS
November 6th, 2015, 15:52
Even more interesting if you read the comments from the ignorant and unwashed.
As long as I can remember the 'Riders Racing Rules' are simple, one should always finish ahead of your team mate and never give way to a rival, particularly a rival manufacturers team.
If the opposition are racing for the Championship then that is their problem, one has no obligation to pull over and let them go by (unless they are putting a lap on you).

So you're saying that Rossi is....:pop4:

wombat666
November 7th, 2015, 05:27
So you're saying that Rossi is....:pop4:

Not at all Ed!
I'm referring to the media in general and the vast number of Valentino "Fans" who never watched MotoGP back when he was riding 125cc-250cc-500cc .........and in the beginning of the 4 stroke years. :173go1:
All the Twitter and Facebook 'experts' who latch onto 'famous' sports people and know SFA.

Final qualifying times below.
There are 6 Spaniards in front of Rossi but that seems more of an indication of him setting the bike up for race pace.
Great to see the Suzukis in 4th and 11th, all they need is some Ducati power and for next season!

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/468x759q90/r/903/FmRYyg.jpg

jamminjames
November 7th, 2015, 06:09
I was sure hoping for a straight up fight!!!

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2015, 08:20
I thought Rossi had to start at the back of the grid?

Victory103
November 7th, 2015, 09:10
He does, but all FP and Q times are posted.

wombat666
November 8th, 2015, 06:23
Not saying who came where but that was one outstanding MotoGP race. :triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:
Especially if you get a look at the race winners rear tyre!
Well and truly rooted.

Panther_99FS
November 8th, 2015, 14:32
Kinda' expected Jorge would take it although if Valentino won, he would definitely be "Superman"....
Sad to see Hayden droning around & Marquez critics are saying he let Lorenzo win.....

Victory103
November 9th, 2015, 13:54
Not sure how I feel about it, my wet race hopes were dashed. At that point and based on Jorge's dominance all weekend, it was looking to be #99's to lose. One of the 1st times I have cheered for Dani.

Panther_99FS
November 9th, 2015, 15:52
Onward to 2016!

Panther_99FS
November 9th, 2015, 18:12
Whoops - Spoke too soon!
Rossi speaks - you be the judge!
-> http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/motogp-valentino-rossi-valencia-reaction-marc-marquez-110815

wombat666
November 9th, 2015, 19:15
Valentino is doing himself no favors by keeping this pot boiling.
I can just imagine the outcome if both Honda riders sat up and waved him past.
As much as I've been a Rossi fan since he first arrived on the scene, his present attitude and continual bad mouthing of Marquez (and now Pedrosa as well!) is becoming most annoying.
Just STFU Valentino and have at it for 2016.
:173go1:

Panther_99FS
November 10th, 2015, 15:33
But wait - the drama isn't finished yet!
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/motogp-finale-valencia-mark-webber-martin-brundle-john-mcguinness-recap-111015