PDA

View Full Version : Who wants some...

Meshman
October 29th, 2015, 15:17
...mesh terrain? :wavey:

OK, I know it's not sexy or hot like a new airplane or monster airport. But it's a return to design work for me after a couple of years of watch my body fall apart and is a project I've wanted to do for a L-O-N-G time.

First release (thought it would be the second) is for the contiguous United States and is now for sale at the Left Coast Simulations "new and improved" web site; http://www.lcsims.com

Previous customers of LCSims should take notice of the offer on the buy page.

It's not a fancy site, TBH and really, how much can someone dress dirt and rocks?

Other projects, such as AkCan and LaCaSa are in development. The goal is to enhance most of the planet and check 99% of the airports in FSX/P3D.

patful
October 29th, 2015, 20:49
I do! I do! A few months ago you hinted I might wait a bit before buying mesh. I did. My already-slow DSL has been giving me fits the last few days, so I'd better hold off on big downloads until it straightens out. But I'm champing at the bit.

Anneke
October 29th, 2015, 23:09
Great to have you back. I hope all is well!

Montie
October 30th, 2015, 15:49
This looks very interesting, I have not been able to find any screenshots on the product page though.

rich12545
October 30th, 2015, 16:06
One thing I forgot to ask. How are the airports affected by UTX ver2 and all the airports they moved.

And one more thing. Will your Canada/Alaska product be the same thing? 10m mesh with fixed airports?

Meshman
October 30th, 2015, 18:02
I debated trying to have a "mesh showcase" on the site. My strange sense of humor (humour) had me Googling images of dirt piles.

But there are some areas that may visualize things well. A system crash a couple of months ago has left me with a barren FSX (I always design to a default install) and a mostly stock P3D. Though the logo above shows the mesh inside P3D 2.5.

I'll get some new carousel pictures up and link them to full size images. But a 'screenshot artist' I am not!

Rich, one thing I strived for was "not to take ownership of an airport". By that I mean moving or adjusting to such a state that it might impact anyone else's work. Not going to mention other products that seem to adjust every other airport or so it seems. But when you see someone having display issues at a BIG airport, there's generally one culprit that comes to mind. So if a product wants to change something about an airport, there's as near to default as possible in what I release.

And any product I release, hopefully AkCan is next, will have all the airports checked in-sim.

I'm 2/3 of the way through all of FSX/P3D's airports, can't stop now. :dizzy:

patful
October 30th, 2015, 18:46
How are the airports affected by UTX ver2 and all the airports they moved.

I didn't know UTX v2 moved any airports, just water, roads, buildings, bridges, lights. In fact, I have some airports jutting out into lakes, and roads running across runways. Hmm...just looked at the Flight1 website, UTX Europe and UTX Canada mention moving some airports, UTX USA (which I have) does not.

rich12545
October 30th, 2015, 18:50
Dang. I just assumed. My bad. I just bought it a few weeks ago and haven't been all over the US yet. Thanks for the info. In the future, I will try not to assume stuff.

patful
October 30th, 2015, 20:38
Oh, don't listen to anything from me, Rich. <label for="rb_iconid_7">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon7.png</label> I just bought FSX in June or July, so my knowledge on the subject is extremely limited. The airports I'm referring to are small ones in my neck of the woods. Larger ones might have indeed been moved. I've just never read anything from Flight1 saying so.

Sorry for straying off topic, Meshman. I might try to purchase your mesh this weekend.

rich12545
October 31st, 2015, 05:08
Oh, don't listen to anything from me, Rich. <label for="rb_iconid_7">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon7.png</label> I just bought FSX in June or July, so my knowledge on the subject is extremely limited. The airports I'm referring to are small ones in my neck of the woods. Larger ones might have indeed been moved. I've just never read anything from Flight1 saying so.

Sorry for straying off topic, Meshman. I might try to purchase your mesh this weekend.

lol I don't take what anyone says for sure so I checked and it seems you are correct. I got the idea in my head because a couple of the UTX programs like AK and TAC (which I don't have) actually moved a couple hundred airports each but there doesn't seem to be a mention of moved airports in the other three which I have. That clears up the only objection I had to this mesh which looks excellent and the only one I've ever seen that corrects airport heights. And it's reasonably priced. Also, I don't think your post was off topic.

Meshman
October 31st, 2015, 05:41
Hey, who's talking airports here?

Strange, but true. In v1 of the vector product(s) (not TAC), those re-positioned airports came about because of a certain someone. :wavey:

Also I had a purchase a little earlier from someone in Texas and the emails are bouncing back that get sent out. So please contact me here by private message and we'll get things taken care of. Even if I'm on my first cup of coffee.

OK, you may resume your discussion about airports... :adoration:

dharris
October 31st, 2015, 05:52
Good to see you back to doing what you do so well. I have several of your meshes, and wondered how this new mesh will or will not affect those. Especially the Utah 5m and WV 2m resoluions. Been awhile glad to see you back at it, all the best Don

patful
October 31st, 2015, 06:05
Also I had a purchase a little earlier from someone in Texas and the emails are bouncing back that get sent out. So please contact me here by private message and we'll get things taken care of. Even if I'm on my first cup of coffee.

PM sent. Sorry about that!
Pat

Meshman
October 31st, 2015, 07:01
Good to see you back to doing what you do so well. I have several of your meshes, and wondered how this new mesh will or will not affect those. Especially the Utah 5m and WV 2m resoluions. Been awhile glad to see you back at it, all the best Don

Hello Don!

Any of the earlier work is not a problem, it will take priority of the 10 meter mesh. But I would still layer the state files above the US files so that the airport rendering is done correctly.

Please take note of the text in red on the buy page for previous customers. :wavey:

Lance

Montie
October 31st, 2015, 07:38
Bought it, currently downloading:applause:

rich12545
October 31st, 2015, 08:03
Downloading? I bought a little while ago but don't see any way to download.

Montie
October 31st, 2015, 08:17
You should get en e-mail with the links in it, check your spam folder, mine was there.

Meshman
October 31st, 2015, 08:23
Downloading? I bought a little while ago but don't see any way to download.

Yes, please check your Spam folder to see if it surfaced there. Links went out at 6:35am PDT.

rich12545
October 31st, 2015, 08:53
Ah, the old spam option. Got it.

patful
November 2nd, 2015, 19:02
Great stuff, Meshman! Some of the airports blend into the scenery better than the default. And no hit on my frame rates at all. Thanks for all your hard work.
Pat

dharris
November 3rd, 2015, 06:44
One thing I always appreciated with purchasing from you, was your honest hard work to make sure everything was right before release, and the detail to which your meshes were done. My home base is still Martinsburg, primarily because of your work. Thanks again, Don

dharris
November 4th, 2015, 05:59
In answer to "who wants some" I answered yes and started the downloads. I am so glad I did. After installation I have found several locations that had scenery missing, because it was under the default mesh. In particular, 2NCO, used to show up as a runway starting and ending with a cliff, also a cliff on either side. There was a small parking area for guest aircraft, but only the lodge at the one end of the runway showed up. After LCSims 10M mesh, I thought perhaps when I loaded the saved flight, it went to the wrong strip. There were houses visible on the sides of the runway and large open areas like seen from their adds. There was space at each end of the runway, much easier to land now. Before the end of the runway was the edge of the cliff, thought I was landing at Lukla before. Have to explore some more scenery down in the Smokies and see what else was missing. The mesh is a bargain, nice to see Lance back here and doing what he does so well, thanks again Lance, great job. Don

dharris
November 5th, 2015, 17:41
Well have been flying low and slow all over the mountains in Tennessee, North Carolina, and the difference is really something. So much more detail in the elevation changes, makes following rivers and canyons alot more fun. Well back to the sim, have not used it as much, until this mesh came my way. Opened up alot more fun. Thanks Lance, keep up the good work. Will try with Orbx next, out on the west coast to see.

patful
November 5th, 2015, 18:54
Well have been flying low and slow all over the mountains in Tennessee, North Carolina, and the difference is really something. So much more detail in the elevation changes, makes following rivers and canyons alot more fun.

Ha! That's what I was doing last night, flying out of McBeth at treetop level over the Klamath River in the Warbirdsim Mustang. Low but definitely not slow. I too am loving this mesh.

lownslo
April 16th, 2016, 12:10
I bought Lance's 10M U.S. Mesh this week and finally had a chance to test it today. Flew the Lancair from my home airport out to Provo because I have done some RL GA flying in that region and wanted to compare. Nevada looked super, and I was particularly impressed how UTX v2.1 streams matched the mesh profiles (the Ruby's east of Elko were particularly stunning). Utah and the Great Salt Lake looked as good as Nevada, and the area around Utah Lake (Provo) was equally as accurate. Really enjoy flying with this new mesh, and Lance's support is top notch. Great value, great product, and great support!

Thanks,

Greg

dharris
April 16th, 2016, 16:30
I have been a customer of Lance's for a number of years, and his work has always been the best. When you fly in the mountains if is very realistic. And as far as support goes, he is all in. Thanks for your great products Lance, much appreciated.

Meshman
April 18th, 2016, 10:37
Hello all and Thank You for the kind comments. I think I'm blushing...:icon_redface:

But I have to admit that I found an "issue". Product areas can and do overlap, so AkCan has part of the conUS and conUS has part of the Canadian border. A change made for a Canadian airport as part of AkCan will affect the conUS product. So I'm putting together a revised file that should be ready in a day or two. I'll update through my Blog when it's ready.

After a few days playing programmer, I'm ready to resume LaCaSa work. And the first stage of work "across the pond" has begun. I just have to figure out where to draw the dividing line for Euro and Asia!

Oops! Forgot to mention that since I will be in that area (Maine) I started a workaround to be compatible with Bill Womack's Heron's Nest release. It's not an issue with my work, as I can duplicate it using any mesh. But I'll be able to issue a revised file that "should" clear-up any issues with my mesh. It's not something that needs to be made a part of the product, only useful if you want to avail yourself to Bill's work.