PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!!

Planes-11
September 27th, 2008, 04:01
Hello Guys,
As my current love/hate relationship with flight sim continues, I come once again with cap in hand to ask for help. I have done an aircraft auto install recently and subsequently deleted the aircraft. Now when I fire up fs9 I get an error message to say that the flight I am looking for cannot be found or is corrupt and that fs will attempt to load the default flight. This error message then disappears and another one pops up saying the file is missing or corrupt –(FLIGHTS\other\FLTSIM.FLT) - please restore the file or reinstall Microsoft flight simulator – ABORT, resulting in the shutting down of flight sim when you click the ABORT button.

What the hell gives guys? Would I be able to find the default flight on one of the four disks and place it in the correct file wherever that may be?

As for my comment above, yes I love flightsim but it sure as heck turns to hate sometimes….:d

Thanks for the help guys....:mixedsmi:

Mike

guzler
September 27th, 2008, 04:14
Can you edit your CFG or delete it so that it returns to default ?

WarHorse47
September 27th, 2008, 05:02
Okay. This is how it works.

When you create a flight, its saved as an *.flt file. If you do a search on your machine, ypu'll find they are located in a couple locations. Any custom flights you made are ususally under Documents and Settings\%user%\My documents\Flight Simulator files.

If you set the saved flight as a default flight, it is referenced in the FS9.cfg file so everytime you boot up the machine your new flight loads. If the flight uses an aircraft that you have uninstalled, you will get error messages. So to repair the problem there are several things you can do:

1. You can reinstall the aircraft.
2. You can find the *.flt file and change the referenced aircraft
3. You can change the referenced flight in your FS9.cfg file, or
4. You can delete your FS9.cfg file and let it recreate as well as reload the program default flight of the Cessna at Meigs field.

My current default flight is called "Current Flight 6.flt" and loads the JF Mossie at my local airport. Whenever I need to change it, if I don't use the program iteself, I just change the number to a previously created current flight. As long as it refers to an installed aircraft, there's no problem.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

--WH

Planes-11
September 27th, 2008, 09:32
Thanks guys, a ton. I will give it a go warhorse, and once again good feedback....all the best.

Tom Clayton
September 27th, 2008, 11:54
1. Insert CD1 then exit the installer.
2. Open My Computer, right-click the CD's icon and choose Explore
3. Open MSGAME1.cab and locate FLTSIM.FLT - if you see folders, it will be in Flights\other.
4. Copy the flt file from the CD to the Flights\other folder in your Sim.
5. Open your fs9.cfg and hit F3. Search for "Situation" and erase everything on that line after the "=".

This will restore the default flight. You will also need the default Cessna 172 installed. Let me know if you need it and I can get you a link to a zipped copy. If your cab opens with folder views (WinRar works that way), you can just go back into the same cab and get a copy from the Aircraft folder there.

bazzar
September 27th, 2008, 14:46
It would appear that the guys have it covered but usually it is just the saved flight trying to find the aircraft that you have deleted.

If you recently saved a flight using this model, go to your documents and settings folder, where you will find a Microsoft Flight Simulator folder. This contains all the recent flights you may have saved. Find the offending item, delete the files associated with the flight and off you go again.

Planes-11
September 28th, 2008, 06:50
Thanks Guys, this is why I still say we merry men of SOH are the best there are when it comes to being a band of brothers. Tom you hit the nail on the head although I did this manually this morning before logging on. Many thanks...you all contributed a great deal.

Mike

Tom Clayton
September 29th, 2008, 21:09
Glad it worked out!:jump: