PDA

View Full Version : Another FS9 Port Over...

rdaniell
October 28th, 2015, 06:40
I just took my Alpha Sim B-57 which I have ported over from FS9 to FSX for a little cross country hop. It performed very well. I set up the VOR to the high altitude VOR at Moody. It tracked right to Moody. He, he, I then irritated the tower by not going around when told to go around. Heck! I was on short final and no one was ahead of me. He got over it because as soon as I touched down, he instructed me to tune ground control.

I'm posting this mostly to simply state the obvious....while I like everyone else here at the Outhouse always look forward to the latest FSX release, I can always find something to fly already in my hangar. I have to wonder how many days of FSX flying would it take for the average Outhouse member to fly a short 30 minute flight of all the aircraft we already have installed.

Anybody want to join in this conversation. It might be interesting.

RD

lliaghll
October 28th, 2015, 07:16
How many DAYS of FSX flying? How about months or maybe years? (I'm a bit of a download-aholic).

awstub
October 28th, 2015, 21:00
I just took my Alpha Sim B-57 which I have ported over from FS9 to FSX for a little cross country hop. It performed very well. I set up the VOR to the high altitude VOR at Moody. It tracked right to Moody. He, he, I then irritated the tower by not going around when told to go around. Heck! I was on short final and no one was ahead of me. He got over it because as soon as I touched down, he instructed me to tune ground control.

I'm posting this mostly to simply state the obvious....while I like everyone else here at the Outhouse always look forward to the latest FSX release, I can always find something to fly already in my hangar. I have to wonder how many days of FSX flying would it take for the average Outhouse member to fly a short 30 minute flight of all the aircraft we already have installed.

Anybody want to join in this conversation. It might be interesting.

RD

I fly the Alpha B-57B a lot, especially in Southeast Asia (with Vietnam War Project scenery). I also armed it with CS Weapons for FSX, but unfortunately it doesn't have a gun sight.
My dad flew them with the 13th TBS out of Danang during his first tour, so it's pretty neat to fly around his old stomping grounds.

ian elliot
October 28th, 2015, 23:09
A good model, if you want to improve the texture's, do a search for Russel R. Smith over at Avsim for some very well done SEA camo paints.

cheers ian

rdaniell
October 28th, 2015, 23:30
...... My dad flew them with the 13th TBS out of Danang during his first tour, so it's pretty neat to fly around his old stomping grounds.

Small world. Depending upon what year that was, he and I might have been in the same air space at one time. When I first started flying on Blind Bat missions in 1965, we flew out of DaNang. A couple B-57s and a Marine ECM aircraft flew up north each night with us.

RD

awstub
October 29th, 2015, 18:52
Small world. Depending upon what year that was, he and I might have been in the same air space at one time. When I first started flying on Blind Bat missions in 1965, we flew out of DaNang. A couple B-57s and a Marine ECM aircraft flew up north each night with us.

RD
It certainly is a small world. He joined the squadron about a month after they got to Danang, so he was there from Sept '65 to June '66. I think he still has most of his mission cards. Maybe you guys did a mission together. He loved being in that squadron and has stayed active with the 13th Bomb Squadron Association.