PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Reims-Cessna F406 Caravan II

SeanTK
October 18th, 2015, 11:36
The final shots prior to release have been posted:
https://www.facebook.com/Carenado
(Don't need a FB account to view)

This usually means that release will occur within a couple days (likely Tuesday, based on historical trends). I'll update this post when that happens.

Who else is looking forward to this one?!

It looks like a variety of liveries based on real aircraft (but with different registrations) will be included. The green/yellow is in reality N406GV of Era Alaska, the Red/Black/White is a South African aircraft in the real world (French in the Carenado version), and it looks like there is another US reg, French reg, and some earlier shots indicated that a Hellenic (Greece) Coast Guard livery would be included as well.

Sundog
October 19th, 2015, 17:15
If my sad old PC could run the latest Carenado/Alabeo add ons, I would really be excited about this release. Well, I am excited, it's just going to be awhile before I can fly their latest planes. I am thinking of updating my vid card, though. That may help.

This is one cool Cessna, IMHO.

expat
October 20th, 2015, 02:11
Why has Cessna named a 400 series twin "Caravan" when the high wing, single engine 208 has the same name? Odd and confusing perhaps?

stansdds
October 20th, 2015, 03:40
Why has Cessna named a 400 series twin "Caravan" when the high wing, single engine 208 has the same name? Odd and confusing perhaps?

The F406 was actually a development of the C404 by Reims Aviation, a French company, in cooperation with Cessna. Perhaps the name "Caravan II" was selected simply because the F406 had two turboprop engines and somewhat similar useful load ratings.

expat
October 20th, 2015, 04:02
That explains it! Many thanks.

wombat666
October 20th, 2015, 07:23

Just being 'French'...........:encouragement:

SeanTK
October 22nd, 2015, 12:59
Released!

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Cirrus N210MS
October 22nd, 2015, 13:35
just got it will make a Video and stuff in a Bit

SeanTK
October 22nd, 2015, 14:16
http://i.imgur.com/kk8upem.pngp

Here's an image of the cockpit with the Flight1 GTN750 installed. The plane comes with another installer located in the aircraft's main folder (after initial installation) that provides full integration with the GTN750.
Below that, you see one of the default/Carenado GNS530s that it comes with. (The default, non-GTN750 install features two GNS530s instead). Also the usual Carenado weather radar is located to the right of that hardware.
Also featured prominently is the Aspen EFD1000 PFD unit.

If you get lost in this thing, shame on you. :)

Much higher resolution and larger image here:
http://i.imgur.com/N3lv4md.jpg

Cirrus N210MS
October 22nd, 2015, 16:59
just got it will make a Video and stuff in a Bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB21VPmDFXc

SeanTK
October 22nd, 2015, 21:00
Sean's "Quick-Review", after a couple hours with it on my system:

The Reims-Cessna F406 Caravan II is an unpressurized, 14-seat (two crew, 12 passenger) twin-turboprop oriented toward small commuter airlines and government services. It was in production between 1983 and 2013 by Reims Aviation in France, in cooperation with Cessna. It's basically a modified Cessna 404 Titan (which you can get from Carenado's sister-company, Alabeo).

The F406 is Carenado's latest release, coming out on 22 October 2015 for US$37.95. It is currently available directly though Carenado's shop, and will likely be available through 3rd-party vendors such as Simmarket in the coming days/weeks.
It's an extremely versatile aircraft, and in my opinion, Carenado always has and continues to do well with aircraft in this class.

My Specs:

Hardware

Intel i5-2500k overclocked to 4.8Ghz.
Nvidia GTX970 4GB.
16GB DDR3 RAM.
2x Samsung 840 SSDs (250GB).
27" Dell U2713HM monitor.

Software

Windows 7
FSX: Acceleration.

Hardware Flight Controls used

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Throttle
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

The installation:

The F406 uses a single installer compatible with FSX, as well as P3D (including P3Dv3). Installation requires an internet connection to verify the user's email address and issued serial number for the product.
Installation is fairly quick, and seems to use approximately 1 Gigabyte (1GB) of harddrive space.
Following installation, one can access related documentation (see below) in the Carenado folder, located in the main FSX folder where you have the simulator installed.

Additionally, three other installers are included in the aircraft's folder "Carenado F406_Caravan_II" located in your FSX/Simobjects structure. These installers cater to those with the Flight1 GTN750 and/or RealityXP GNS530 addons, with the third installer allowing the user to revert to the included Carenado (default) GPS units. As a GTN750 user, I was excited to have the option of full integration with this addon.

The documentation:

Looking in the "Carenado" folder under the appropriate aircraft via the main FSX folder, the user finds eight (8) PDF files and two notepad files with installation and operating details for the aircraft.
The following is included:

P3D user notification document stating that RealityXP integration is not available for P3D users.
Carenado GNS530 Users Guide
Copyrights
Emergency Procudures
Normal Procedures
Performance Tables
Airspeed References
RealityXP advisory stating that only the Com1/Nav1 unit in FSX is replaceable (can't switch out the second default GPS with RXP)
Recommend sim settings for Carenado products
Weather Radar manual

The exterior:

Those who know Carenado products will not be surprised to hear that the visual aspect of this addon is stunning, as usual. The exterior model looks to be highly accurate and is convicning when comparing it to images and videos of the real deal. Of note are the following exterior animations, catered to with a pop-up menu:

Static elements (chocks, remove before flight tags, pushback cart, etc).
Multiple opening doors, including the baggage compartments spanning the aircraft.
Removable baggage pod on the belly that impacts flight performance.

All other exterior animations are to be expected, and it's also worth noting that as with Carenado's other more recent prop/turboprop releases, the spinning prop discs shimmer in the sun in a strikin way, when you have the camera angled correctly. This seems to be a visual effect unique to Carenado at this time.

All exterior lights on the aircraft are "modeled in" rather than being called in the aicraft.cfg file. This has in the past caused contention between those who do not think the lights are bright enough, and those who enjoy the extra visual advantages of modelled lighting. The taxi and landing lights of this F406 are what's known in the community as "Lotus-style" lights, after the revolutionary L-39C product which enabled true illumination of the ground and surrounding objects from the lights. Additionally, you'll see reflections of the flashing strobe lights at night.
The beacon lights are also striking as I have not seen a style quite like this yet in Carenado's products (though I don't have many of their latest). The red beacon illumination is both modelled into the bulb, and is provided as a larger visual effect. The coloration of the visual effect to my eyes looks more like a pinkish-purplish-red, but it's unique and it works.
The navigation lights are modelled in stritly to the bulbs, and I can see some users complaining due to their lack of illumination intensity. It may be worth trying to add in additional nav lighting via the aircraft.cfg if possible.

The aircraft comes with six liveries:

Blank white for repainting*
Green/Yellow/Grey US registration (my favorite...based off of a real Era Alaska aircraft!)
White with multicolor pinstripes US registration
White with black and red pinstripes French registration
Modern White/Black/Red French registration (based off of a South African example)
Hellenic (Greek) Coast Guard

*At this time I'll point out that unfortunately, Carenado's texture templating continues to be dissapointing. The textures are broken up into innumerable segments on each dds file, making repainting truly difficult.
If you have noticed the lack of repaints for many of Carenado's and Alabeo's more recent products, this is why.

A few other visual features:

Trailing-link landing gear
Three-blade propellers
Two crew members in the cockpit (I asked about a single pilot option prior to release but they said no)
Typical FSX features such as self-shadowing, bump mapping, etc.

The interior and avionics:

The interior of this aircraft is fully modelled (cockpit and cabin) with slight weathering on a grey panel, white walls, and brown upholstry. As expected, the texturing is top notch and is very immersive - typical of Carenado's latest releases since they started advertising "HD textures" for the cockpits.

I took a look at the default Carenado GNS option initially before instlaling the GTN750, and the avionics and capabilies of this aircraft truly seem impressive. Remember, the F406 is unpressurized, meaning that you'll likely be flying in the weather, rather than over it. As such, you'll get the following by default:

2x Aspen EFD1000 Primary Flight Displays (PFDs)...like in their A36 Bonanza.
2x Garmin GNS530 GPS systems with Com1/Nav1 and Com2/Nav2 capabilties.
Digital Transponder
Bendix-King ADF
2x Bendix-King DME systems
Bendix-King Weather Radar (like in their Caravan, C340, PC-12, and other products)

All gauges and instruments in the cockpit are fully modelled in 3D.

With the GTN750 option, the unit replaces the first GNS530 in the VC, and is fully modelled with 3d knobs and crisp display resolution. All other avionics remain the same.

What may be new to most users unless they have the A36 Bonanza for FSX is the Aspen EFD1000 PFD unit. This is a "glass" attitide indicator and HSI on one screen, and provides it's own moving map, as well as a plethorea of other information such as true airspeed, groundspeed, winds, vertical speed, and more. It's a sharp little unit that, combined with the other avionics, makes it very difficult to get lost! Remember, the Aspen comes as standard - no other purchases are needed.

The aircraft also features an autopilot, with controls on the pedestal under the throttle/prop/condition lever unit. Of note is that it appears to be a two-axis unit, in that while there is a yaw-damper button, it does not seem to do anything. There is also a "soft ride" and half rate option that I have not tried yet. All other standard functions seem to work fine. The user can also control altitude and heading using the Aspen, or a secondary altitude alert window.

Of note are two bugs with the avionics that I have already pointed out to Carenado. I am currently unsure of whether or not these will be addressed:

The standby attidue indicator show an approximately 4 degree nose down situation when the plane is in level flight or on the ground. This issue was previously experienced by their Navajo and Alabeo's 404. Unfortunately, the standby indicator is not adjustable, so we'll have to see if Carenado fixes it.
The vertical speed indicator (VSI) seems to show a slight, approximately 30-50 foot decent when on level ground. It's not very noticable due to the incrementation of the reference lines on the gauge (in hundreds) but one can see that the needle rests slightly below zero on a flat surface.

Other features:

Moving sunshades
Moving armrests
Dimmable night lighting
Glass reflections on the avionics and windows
Glass scratches on the windows that illuminate when flying at certain angles to the sun...a feature seemingly unique to Carenado/Alabeo.

Cowl flaps...yes this turboprop has on/off position cowl flaps for each engine, controllable from the lower pedestal in the VC. Unique to me, and I will have to read up on proper usage of them in the near future. For now, I'm operating them as I would with a piston aircraft.

Sound:

The F406 is powered by two PT-6 engines, and the soundset is convincing. You get plenty of bass while powering up and down in the cockpit, as well as accurate sound pitch changes based on the angle of the props, rather than on engine torque output itself. In short, it sounds like a PT-6 powered twin turboprop!
You also have gauge click sounds included in the VC by default as well.

Flying the F406:

Having never flown a real one, this is obviously subjective. It seems to fly by the included numbers in the manuals, and I find it to be a nice, stable platform for handflying. It has a satisfying heaviness on the controls that comes with an aircraft of this size (remember, it seats 14), while also not being sluggish from a performance perspective. Remember, stay below 12500 without supplemental oxygen, or 14000 while flying with passengers, as this is unpressurized. (Note: There is a pilot's oxygen knob modelled, though it's a dummy switch since hypoxia is not simulated). It's quite fun to fly this twin turboprop at these lower altitudes, in the weather. With proper trim set, you can get in and out of relatively small airfields, though I would hesitate to fly this into and out of the smallest rural fields due to it's size and existing take-off and landing requirements.
At recommended cruise torque settings with the props pulled back to 1700rpm, I was getting around 200 knots indicated between 5000 and 10000 feet, which was pleasantly surprising, as I expected it to be a bit slower. I recommend reviewing the manuals as well as the placards in the cockpit (located both on the main panel as well as the pilot's sunshade) for operating limitations and power recommendations.

Thus far, my flights have only been with full fuel and two crew up front. I'll have to explore what it feels like with multiple passengers and baggage. Note that you will have to go into the weight and balance in FSX to reflect even a realistic default load, as the standard configuration is full fuel and one 190-pound pilot, even though two crew members (who appear to each by physically healthier than 190 pounds) are modelled.

In a quick engine out test, the autofeather system worked rapidly and effectively to fully feather engine #1 when I cut fuel to it. The aircraft remained manageable and I was successfully able to bring it back for a smooth, safe landing.

Also worth noting is the aircraft has a full decing kit, which as a placard indicates on the sunshade, authorizes operators to fly this aircraft in icing conditions.

More to come and the yes/no decision:

I'll write more in the coming days as I'm running out of time, and I do want to explore the flight envelope a bit more.

If you can overlook the two minor gauge issues I outline above, I recommend buying this model. If you only wish to aquire it for repainting though, I would advise against it due to the lack of a suitable paint template.
Overall, I'll certainly use this aircraft quite often, as it fits the type of flying I like to do!

Thanks for reading!

Sean

donnybalonny
October 22nd, 2015, 23:04
Does the ADF gauge work the way its supposed to do?

Sundog
October 23rd, 2015, 14:56
Sean, nice review. Thanks, :)

SeanTK
October 23rd, 2015, 17:41
Does the ADF gauge work the way its supposed to do?

Any specific functionality you are expecting? I'll double check to make sure it functions, but I suspect that the gauge will work just fine, and acts like most other ADFs in the simulator.

EDIT/Update: The ADF system works just fine. You do have to be aware of how the click spots operate though and remember to depress the middle of the knob to have the option of changing the middle digit, or digit after the decimal depending on where specifically you press (it can be a bit finicky and takes some getting used to) but I was successfully able to change all number values (thousands, hundreds, tens, ones, and the digit after the decimal), and the needle does respond to nearby NDBs.

Cirrus N210MS
October 23rd, 2015, 21:21
Flying around checking out the handling in the Plane :applause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJaTQrcVM8

donnybalonny
October 23rd, 2015, 23:11
I asked because sveral reviews of newer Carenado/Alabeo AC have reported ADF gauge malfuncion. Something that wasnt corrected by the develloper. NDB is important in some places on earth.
I´m glad it works. Its an important "flying wild alaska" airplane. They always have problems with the landing gear getting all frozen up.

SeanTK
October 24th, 2015, 19:26
This is certainly a versatile aircraft, and seems to be one of Carenado's best in terms of not being a bug-prone mess. That said, I hope they do release a minor update for the two issues I mentioned above. Other than that, it seems perfect!
Anyone else enjoying this addon? The Carenado forums at Avsim seem quiet as well.

kiki
October 24th, 2015, 23:30
Thanks, Sean! Quite interesting to reaf you review.

How are the frames?

ToniJH
October 25th, 2015, 09:06
I purchased Caravan same day after the release, i made my first flight from Shreveport, to Kansas City, and all worked fine and plane flies smoothly.

Bushpounder
October 25th, 2015, 10:55
Another no-painter. I am about tired of them releasing stuff that cannot be painted.

Don

ksheadley
October 25th, 2015, 11:15
Another no-painter. I am about tired of them releasing stuff that cannot be painted.

Don

Well, the .psd files are included in the blank white texture folder...not layers but the sheets are there for painting....so I'm not sure why you would consider it unable to be done.

jeansy
October 25th, 2015, 18:51
Well, the .psd files are included in the blank white texture folder...not layers but the sheets are there for painting....so I'm not sure why you would consider it unable to be done.

Agree its definitly paint-able like all their other models

Fireball6
October 27th, 2015, 06:51
Start working with the textures - as on the Alabeo 207, i will do a few modified and reworked Original-Paints.

Bushpounder
October 27th, 2015, 07:55
There are more parts to these Carenado planes than there are of TWA Flt 800. There is no reason to split up textures this way. They are the only one I know of that do it to this extent. Sure one can "modify" what is already there. Why don't they release a layered kit? Most payware vendors do. This is one of their weaknesses. Note how many repaints there are for their planes lately. It's as if the original painter/mapper doesn't want his work changed.

Don

monk1
October 27th, 2015, 11:14
Start working with the textures - as on the Alabeo 207, i will do a few modified and reworked Original-Paints.

That looks great!! Looking forward to your paints.

SeanTK
October 27th, 2015, 14:45

Very nice! Would you be willing to do a Canadian registration as well?

Fireball6
October 27th, 2015, 22:54
Hi Sean,

yes - it's on the list .....

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

Fireball6
October 28th, 2015, 00:15
anyone want a danish bird ?

WarHorse47
October 28th, 2015, 05:42
anyone want a danish bird ?I'll take one.. :untroubled:

SeanTK
October 28th, 2015, 14:48
anyone want a danish bird ?

I'll take everything you have. :)

Also, I wonder if any Danish registered aircraft have the reg "OY-VEY". That would be kind of funny.

Fireball6
October 30th, 2015, 13:40
After reading the Thread about the upcoming Carenado Do 228 and the comments about the "folks" that "only" change the colors and the registration of Carenado-Planes (Yes - I am one of that "folkes") and that this has nothing to do with "Repainting" - I'm not sure that i will go on with it. Those comments make my day go bad .....:banghead: I spend a lot of time and work to each Original-Paint that is modified by me, add small details here and there, dirt, stickers and more ... .

Canadian Registration is ready - as shown below

Kindest regards

Dirk

WarHorse47
October 30th, 2015, 13:54
Thank you, Dirk. Nice looking repaint. Looking forward to the download.

hairyspin
October 30th, 2015, 14:34
After reading the Thread about the upcoming Carenado Do 228 and the comments...

As a contributor to that thread, may I say I admire those who persevere with alternative paint jobs for these models. Nice work!

jeansy
October 30th, 2015, 16:29
Dont let it bother you Dirk

Whingers are going to whinge

Keep doing what you do mate & give the greatful people what they want and ingnore the others

Well done

Fireball6
October 31st, 2015, 06:26
Thanks for your kind words gents - jeansy you are right, we have enough members here who enjoy a few more colors and registrations - for those, here a is a second canadian one ....

Fireball6
October 31st, 2015, 06:31
So far - i have 4 modified "Paints" for those of you who's interested. Two canadian Registrations, one US- and a danish Registration. If you want one or more of them, please send me a PM and you'll get the dl-link asap.

Greetings

Dirk

Fireball6
November 2nd, 2015, 23:18
Two more are ready ....

WarHorse47
November 3rd, 2015, 05:32
Very nice. Thanks Dirk.

SeanTK
November 5th, 2015, 14:54
NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)
CARENADO F406 CARAVAN II FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1

Fixes:
- Stdby ADI realigned....
- OAT gauge synced with the Aspen info.
- Landing gear up status light fixed.
- IAS behavior fixed.
- Autopilot and marker beacon annunciator test improved.
- Overstress of engine causes a malfunction.
- Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.
You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Firekitten
November 5th, 2015, 18:21
After reading the Thread about the upcoming Carenado Do 228 and the comments about the "folks" that "only" change the colors and the registration of Carenado-Planes (Yes - I am one of that "folkes") and that this has nothing to do with "Repainting" - I'm not sure that i will go on with it. Those comments make my day go bad .....:banghead: I spend a lot of time and work to each Original-Paint that is modified by me, add small details here and there, dirt, stickers and more ... .

Canadian Registration is ready - as shown below

Kindest regards

Dirk

That wasn't the intended point of the comments, at least from me, I was complaining about their development process, as a developer myself, I have no issue with people doing paints anyway they can... its nice to see people persisting with it and making paint jobs. Love what you've done so far :)

Dont let it bother you Dirk

Whingers are going to whinge

Keep doing what you do mate & give the greatful people what they want and ingnore the others

Well done
If you try to take any greater a moral higher ground, you're going to need supplementary oxygen.

On topic...

What's the flight model like? I'm tempted, but with their recent FM's being a bit derpy I'm uncertain. Model and usuals seem as good as always, but performance is of interest.

SeanTK
November 5th, 2015, 19:25
On topic...

What's the flight model like? I'm tempted, but with their recent FM's being a bit derpy I'm uncertain. Model and usuals seem as good as always, but performance is of interest.

It flies by the book, and as someone with experience in smaller Cessnas, it seems convincing to me!
Keep in mind that the aircraft is unpressurized, so you'll either be on simulated oxygen up high, or you'll be flying in the weather, which makes things fun.

The aircraft comes with a good amount of performance documentation that matches up with how it performs in-sim, but I've also included the below for reference as well:
http://www.what2fly.com/manufacturer/performance/CESSNA/F406+CARAVAN+II/919

I've very, very recently started trying to record some simple flightsim flying videos (no special camera angles or movie effects, just me flying along) so I'll look into getting a short trip recorded sometime in the coming days.

All in all, the FDE seems to be well-crafted.

Firekitten
November 6th, 2015, 02:09
Worth giving it a try Sean, thanks

donnybalonny
November 6th, 2015, 02:33
To me, its not enough that an AC flies to the numbers of the book. There are other things that I find to be far more important:

Roll rate, how the AC comes out of a turn if you just let go of the controllers, Pitch and yaw stability (enough but not to much) and this very important thing, how does it react when lowering the power, does it dive, accelerate and level out or is it just a stable going down. All that together is IMHO what makes an AC worth flying in the SIM.

There are many AC flying by the numbers that are dead boring to fly. It is of course personal to a certain degree. But there are reasons why I keep comming back to A2A, Realair, Flysimware, Milton Shupe and a few others.

jeansy
November 6th, 2015, 14:27
If you try to take any greater a moral higher ground, you're going to need supplementary oxygen.

Noted

I would be silly not to take advice from the most successful fs developers who owns one of the more successful franchises for fltsim and who the guy who wrote the original book on development

My apologies for trying to encourage a painter who enjoys what they do

But since your the one and only SME, i will leave it a that and allow you to continue without undermining your knowledge and opinions. In future i will only take your extensive knowledge in both development and social reason and apply it to myslef so i can be a better person

Firekitten
November 6th, 2015, 18:42
You've completely utterly misinterpreted every post I've made, but heck, you know best :)

Fireball6
November 7th, 2015, 02:19
Could'nt resist and did another british reg. Plane - its my personal "workhorse" . Also ready is a "Tanzania-Bird" for those of you, like flying in Africa.
Next week i plan to start with working on the Cargo-pod - i will try to change it to a "photorecon-pod" for surveillance missions.

Greetings

Dirk

Firekitten
November 7th, 2015, 02:22
The camera pod sounds like a great idea :) Could probably retroactively apply it to the Greek coastguard one... that would look ace.

Nice work.

WarHorse47
November 7th, 2015, 17:07
Could'nt resist and did another british reg. Plane - its my personal "workhorse" . Also ready is a "Tanzania-Bird" for those of you, like flying in Africa.
Next week i plan to start with working on the Cargo-pod - i will try to change it to a "photorecon-pod" for surveillance missions.

Greetings

DirkNice. Let us know when available.

Cheers :very_drunk:

Fireball6
November 8th, 2015, 14:07
After a long and busy day ..... i am proud to present - the "Multifunction-Pod".

Greetings

Dirk

Please bear in mind that it is a visual change only (new Paint and bump-map), not a new modeled Part !

Fireball6
November 8th, 2015, 14:11
Forget to tell you that i have reworked the zip-files - the textures are in 2048 - 32 Bit - .dds format now. All files should be updated in the next 24 hours. If you like, use the links again to get them.

Dirk

Firekitten
November 8th, 2015, 14:52
That is lovely! Nice job, looks absolutely perfect.

Bought it earlier, uninstalled the plane 20 minutes later sadly, FPS is toiletland even in P3D

WarHorse47
November 8th, 2015, 15:00
After a long and busy day ..... i am proud to present - the "Multifunction-Pod".

Greetings

Dirk

Please bear in mind that it is a visual change only (new Paint and bump-map), not a new modeled Part !Looks great. I can assume that one has the option to assign the "Multifunction-Pod" to a specific texture?

Fireball6
November 8th, 2015, 15:24
Yes - it is very simple to handle - there are two texture's to add to the texture-folder you wish to have the pod.

:wavey: Dirk

Fireball6
November 8th, 2015, 15:30
Firekitten,

thats sad to read. On my system it runs very well and smooth. It is one of Carenados Best (imho) - please let me know if i can help with reduced texture-size's.

Kindly regards

Dirk

Firekitten
November 8th, 2015, 18:17
Its not your artwork Dirk, which is beautiful, its the whole plane, I run P3D3 maxed out, every other aircraft including A2A kick butt, Carenado for some reason, this and the 1900 especially just make it a slideshow.

Plenty of aircraft use 4096 now, its fairly standard, not a huge problem.

Fireball6
November 9th, 2015, 04:40
I have done some refinements to the pod - zip-file is updated - nothing special but imho it looks better now.

WarHorse47
November 9th, 2015, 05:17
I have done some refinements to the pod - zip-file is updated - nothing special but imho it looks better now.Where can one find this zip file?

Fireball6
November 9th, 2015, 05:38
In my DropBox :mixed-smiley-010: - look at your pm's please :wavey:

Dimus
November 9th, 2015, 09:31
I haven't really given this plane much thought until I saw that hellenic coast guard paint. I taxi past them parked in Tatoi every time I fly and they have kept me on hold for take off several times when they are called upon a SAR mission. I had to have this and downloading now.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31434&stc=1

Fireball6
November 10th, 2015, 01:50
Soon over a coast near to you ......

Dimus
November 10th, 2015, 02:11
I bought the plane yesterday from PC Aviator. How can I get this nice multifunction pod? The one I got was v1.1.

Fireball6
November 10th, 2015, 02:35
Hi Dimus,

send me a pm here and i will provide you with the link to download it from my dropbox.

Greetings

Dirk

P.S. The "Multifunction-Pod" is not included in the Carenado Reims F406 Caravan II - Package. It is a "visual artwork" done by me :smile-new:

Dimus
November 10th, 2015, 07:38
PM sent Dirk. I understand it is artwork but it looks great on a SAR ship. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Fireball6
November 10th, 2015, 07:46
To add writing on the frontsection is a little nightmare - after a long period of trying, testing and rework i am here .....

WarHorse47
November 12th, 2015, 14:19
To add writing on the frontsection is a little nightmare - after a long period of trying, testing and rework i am here .....Just got back from a little vacation and was wondering how the newest repaint was going?

Fireball6
November 12th, 2015, 23:52
Could not resist and did another one - in lovely memory to scotland - a blue "Fisheries Patrol" -Plane, based on the helenic coast guard original. This will be the last one for now ....

CG_1976
November 13th, 2015, 01:19
Ouch my Head:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:, darn my Wife and that lead pipe. I saw the USCG Paint and used my CC and Bang on my head when she found out lol, oh well it was worth it:jump:. Thanks Fireball. Fireball on the USCG paint as a Req, could you please put her Station as Atlantic City CGAS please??

Fireball6
November 13th, 2015, 07:17
Hi CG_1976, hope you recover well from your headache :dizzy: It was not my intention to do a USCG-Paint - the red and blue one was only a test-paint. I've done it as a basic for an Iceland-Paint but stop work on it after a few hours of work to line up the writing on the nose-section. As mentioned above, a real nightmare.

Eventualy, i will give it a second try and look what is possible - but a) only eventual and b) only if the writing does'nt drive me crazy :banghead: - One person with headache is enough :mixed-smiley-010:

Greetings

Dirk

Fireball6
November 15th, 2015, 09:08
Still a lot to do ........

Ripcord
May 10th, 2016, 04:40
Dirk, have you made these repaints available anywhere online? If you would you mind sharing the DL link again?

I really would like to have a few of these paints of yours.

Ripcord

Fireball6
May 11th, 2016, 07:41
Dirk, have you made these repaints available anywhere online? If you would you mind sharing the DL link again?

I really would like to have a few of these paints of yours.

Ripcord

PM sent :)

CG_1976
May 11th, 2016, 11:50
Umm looking Good on the USCG Scheme. Perfect for them Texas Coastal Patrols from Corpus Christi to Houston and a Coastie Air Taxi to Joint Base San Antonio.

LouP
December 28th, 2019, 13:04
I'll take a copy of this zip file if possible.

Thanks,
LouP