PDA

View Full Version : Milviz Phantom Fuel Tank Sequencing

RKinkor
October 17th, 2015, 08:04
I just bought the so far Phabulous Milviz Phantom Thursday on the sale. I have not had time to read the manual fully yet but was wondering if it is normal for the internal tanks to feed first then external? It is probably something I need to set up in the cockpit beyond the ready to fly set up that I have been using to get a handle on how she flies. If somebody could point me in the general direction of where to look it would be most appreciated.

WarHorse47
October 17th, 2015, 08:44
This should explain it

External Fuel Consumption (http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=5381)

RKinkor
October 17th, 2015, 09:08
This should explain it

External Fuel Consumption (http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=5381)

Unfortunately I am not currently registered for their forum (yet I have a registration request in) so I can't view the topic. If it is easy could you give me the jist of what it says.

WarHorse47
October 17th, 2015, 09:23
Here's what MV says...

There are 2 transfer switches. The external tank transfer (triangle head, on the left console) and the internal wing tank transfer(slightly further to the left and back. INT WING TRANS). The internal wing tank transfer switch is set to NORM by default which is where it should be(STOP TRANS is where you *don't* want it to be in this case). The external tank transfer will prevent the internal tanks from transferring however, if there is a tank in place and it is in any position other than OFF. While on the ground, you will want to set the switch to OUTBD or CENTER (depending on your choice and tank config). That way it will be ready to transfer when you get off the ground. You will know it is transferring if the green light for that particular tank on the annunciator light panel is off. If it comes on, no worries as it is intermittent in transfer. However, if your internal fuel (outer slider. NOT the counter drums) drops below 8000lbs and the lights don't go off then you can know that tank is empty.

RKinkor
October 17th, 2015, 09:28
Many many thanks.

joe bob
October 17th, 2015, 11:58
Something you may also notice also is that at high power settings you may burn fuel faster than the externals transfer so you will see the total internal fuel decrease and then increase as you go back to lesser power settings