PDA

View Full Version : Papua New Guinea missions

highpockets
October 15th, 2015, 04:41
Rami
In the auto installer of Part !, the "after downloading aircraft" folder does not have the skin, only the sound for the TR-B-25vc and I could not find it in the library. Also does the B-24 bombs dp go in the stock B-24?
Thanks

Rami
October 15th, 2015, 15:42
Jim,

In the "after downloading aircraft" folder, it does have the skin and the soundpack, and I just double-checked the installer off of SOH this evening. This is what is in the folder...

...and I included links for the aircraft, because I can't include files that Tango_Romeo did.

highpockets
October 15th, 2015, 16:03
Rami
I apologize profusely!
:costumed-smiley-034
I was looking for something of a different insignia on the plane when the instructions called the skin a Royal Austrailian Air Force - era skin. :banghead:
How about my question on the B-24 ai bombs?

Rami
October 15th, 2015, 16:42
Highpockets,

Yeup, the USAAC was there too. As far as the AI bombs are concerned, yes. A couple of aircraft in that campaign use those two bomb sets. As long as they are installed like you would everything else, everything should run fine.

braveheart77521
October 15th, 2015, 17:17
Hightpockets

There is a 4 pack of textures for this plane at Simviation and one is RAF. If Uncle Tgt has a texture of this plane with RAAF insignia, I wish he would send me a copy. However, you can find the 4 pack here at least RAF textures:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=25vctex&categoryId=

PM me if you can't find it.

Braveheart

Allen
October 15th, 2015, 20:28
Rami

What verson of a B-25 are you using that is Tango_Romeo? Also you can dump Tango_Romeo AI bombs when you do your next update of this mission set. I made a set for my B-24J that you can take and use just fine. My AI B-17 also has a set of AI bombs you can use as well. I think these will fit on to a B-25.

Rami
October 16th, 2015, 01:18
Allen,

I use the Tango Romeo TR_B25vc as a replacement for any stock B-25; she's good on framerates. I'm just very careful about respecting Tango Romeo's wishes, I don't wish a repeat of the blowout several years ago.

highpockets
October 16th, 2015, 06:17
Thanks guys for all your input. Again Rami, I am sorry to put you through extra work. I don't know how you do what you do in this sim with work and family anyway.:ernaehrung004:

Allen
October 16th, 2015, 08:29
Rami

I can under stand change to a TR model for later B-25s but the TR_B25vc looks to be a B-25C/D and stock/OH should work just fine.

braveheart77521
October 16th, 2015, 09:39
Rami

This mission has Bell P-39d Airacobra as the player aircraft instead of mz-p39. Tried to replace it, but now mission doesn't work. Can I replace this mission?

Braveheart

Rami
October 16th, 2015, 11:42
Braveheart,

Manual editing mistake. I'll have her fixed in a jiffy.

Update: Here is the corrected mission. Just replace it in the missions and campaigns folders. Please continue to speak up! :encouragement:

Rami
October 16th, 2015, 11:46
Rami

I can understand change to a TR model for later B-25s but the TR_B25vc looks to be a B-25C/D and stock/OH should work just fine.

Allen,

I guess to an extent they are a reflection of my CFS2 installs. I don't use stockers for the most part.

I replaced the stock B-25 with the TR model, I replaced the F4F Wildcat with the Donationware model, along with the F4U Corsair equivalent, and also replaced the F6F Wildcat with the FDGv2 model, modifying the performance to an F6F-3.

For the Japanese, Akemi's George replaces the stocker, along with his newer Zero. I also replaced the P-39 with Akemi's model, and the P-38 with David Copley's version.

I also have equivalent models for the AI creates, including the Betty, Val, Kate, etc. The only "stocker" I really use is the overhauled B24D Liberator.

Rami
October 16th, 2015, 12:42
Allen,

I'll even give you a little bit more. It's the same reason why a lot of people replace the stock ships with Virtual Navy or other ship designers. A lot has changed since the sim's release, and I like taking advantage of what's out there.

Also, designers build this stuff so it can be used. One of the goals I have as both librarian and a CFS2 enthusiast is to use a lot of different models with different skins, panels, and so forth. That way, users feel their work is being valued, used, and appreciated.

It's a tightrope to walk, and no matter which direction I lean, someone's toes end up getting stepped on. I just choose my path and press on.

Allen
October 16th, 2015, 13:08
Rami

I see but I'm not sure why the change to a non stock model if the airplane is only being used as an AI. Maybe I'm minimalist and really don't like to go hunting for aircraft. The vary strong dislike for having to hunt for aircraft and/or objets is been the hold up on my CFS1 to CFS2 Eruo project.

I have for the most part uploaded all of the required aircraft as individual aircraft but the thought of having to go and hunt down 15 or more aircraft would drive me nuts. Than you have to DL the update of the CFS1 objects and scenery. An off site DL of the British and German radio chatter.

By the time I get all of those listed I think the it would be 20-25 or more links and that dosen't count the links needed to install the basic Euro scenery that your tutorial/walkthrough covers.

I could pack everthing I have made/updated and British and German radio chatter into 4 auto installed that total77.0 MB. That number brings me back to the hold up. I know SOH storage space is not unlimited. I think I can get the total down to 67.87 MB but that it. I'm going to gess the largest block of that number is the engine sounds. (Bf109, Fw190, P-47, P-51 and Spitfire)

Now you know why my CFS1 to CFS2 Eruo project just fell off of the map...

Rami
October 16th, 2015, 13:29
Allen,

Makes the auto-installer sound better and better, doesn't it?

However...your point is well taken. When I get to Europe, because I use the same "set" of aircraft in so many campaigns and use the same scenery, I will upload a "Late ETO Pack" rather than each campaign separately to conserve space for that very reason, and then do the same for Early Europe.

Depending on how this Med thing shakes out, I may do the same for the Balkans campaigns and release those as a set, rather than five or six separate campaigns.

I'm trying to figure out if I could do that for others as well. Let me think on it.

Allen
October 16th, 2015, 14:26
Rami
Been using Inno Setup 5 and Inno IDE for a few years for my Command & Conquer: Red Alert 1 mod. It could do some reg edits during install that where needed to set compat mode on the RA95.exe so it could run on systems above XP. Thankfully those days are now gone.

The auto installers are vary nice for my project that seems to edit or replace just about every thing. You name it I've prob done something to it. Aircraft, Campaigns, Info (New images for aircraft & objects. airbases.dat, descrip.dat outcome.dat and scuttlebutt.dat) Lessons, Missions Objects_DP QuickCom Scenedb, Ships and UIRES (full overhual of stocks and adding of British and German).

Size has been the hold up as most of the part are alreay here at SOH as individual parts floating around (Aircraft and Objects). I could upload Part 1 and 2 that are the aircraft that total 57.0 MB but I'm not sure it is the best use of SOH space. Part 3 and 4 that has all of the things I have yet to upload is 20.0 MB. Note my rebuild of the CFS1 objects to have destroyed models may be in Part 3 and 4.

Your the librarian, What you you do? Upload Part 1 and 2 OR link to all 15+ aircraft and have to DL a patch to add the right sounds as most of the Euro aircrft I made for this project are aliased to stock aircraft and apply any fixes I have done during the project?

highpockets
Sorry about the thread jack.

Rami
October 16th, 2015, 14:42
Rami
Been using Inno Setup 5 and Inno IDE for a few years for my Command & Conquer: Red Alert 1 mod. It could do some reg edits during install that where needed to set compat mode on the RA95.exe so it could run on systems above XP. Thankfully those days are now gone.

The auto installers are vary nice for my project that seems to edit or replace just about every thing. You name it I've prob done something to it. Aircraft, Campaigns, Info (New images for aircraft & objects. airbases.dat, descrip.dat outcome.dat and scuttlebutt.dat) Lessons, Missions Objects_DP QuickCom Scenedb, Ships and UIRES (full overhual of stocks and adding of British and German).

Size has been the hold up as most of the part are alreay here at SOH as individual parts floating around (Aircraft and Objects). I could upload Part 1 and 2 that are the aircraft that total 57.0 MB but I'm not sure it is the best use of SOH space. Part 3 and 4 that has all of the things I have yet to upload is 20.0 MB. Note my rebuild of the CFS1 objects to have destroyed models may be in Part 3 and 4.

Your the librarian, What you you do? Upload Part 1 and 2 OR link to all 15+ aircraft and have to DL a patch to add the right sounds as most of the Euro aircrft I made for this project are aliased to stock aircraft and apply any fixes I have done during the project?

highpockets
Sorry about the thread jack.

Allen,

Option one.

highpockets
October 16th, 2015, 16:11
Allen
Don't worry about the "highjack". I enjoy seeing the useful exchanges that I mostly don't understand.:dizzy:

Allen
October 16th, 2015, 17:15
highpockets
It seem like for a few years I was trying to make my own European Theater. Thats why earlier this year I went on kick of making or updating nothing but European Theater aircraft.

Now things look to be done and I'm not sure what was the best way of doing things.

A long list of thing to go and download as many of the parts for my my European Theater have been uploaded here as individual aircraft, objects and scenery.

or

Just pack all of those things I have done and uploaded into auto installers with the new things I have made just for my European Theater. Auto installers work well as I can put many things into them so it would be less work for users than having to find each individual aircraft, object and scenery.

The only prob with auto installers was that I have many of the parts already here and I wasn't sure if Rami would be cool with what would be more or less a duplicates of all of my European Theater aircraft, Rebuild CFS1 objects and CFS1 runways.

Over all the auto installers work better as all you need to do is make a clean CFS2 install, Follow Rami's Euro scenery tutorial/walkthrough to install the basic scenery than download my 4 auto installer and run them in in the main CFS2 folder. After thay you can go fly.

UncleTgt
October 20th, 2015, 02:44
...If Uncle Tgt has a texture of this plane with RAAF insignia...

Braveheart

You mean something like this?:a1310:

braveheart77521
October 20th, 2015, 05:49
Tgt

That is exactly what I'm talking about!

Braveheart

UncleTgt
October 22nd, 2015, 03:31
... a couple of more options for the B25D-30.

Next I'll try a couple of schemes for the B25J.

Then I'll upload as a skinpack

highpockets
October 22nd, 2015, 11:58
Allen
I have a large enough HD that I have separate installs for each theatre; CBI, ETO, Eastern Europe, MTO, S.W.Pacific and PTO.
I am just clumsy sometimes when it comes to installing everyone's excellent missions and aircraft.
When I have a problem, I tend to forget what the fix is, i.e. certain aircraft not found in the library or faliure to initalize mission or database. I guess I need to make me a "fixit" file. :-)

UncleTgt
October 26th, 2015, 14:21
Tango's -J has some dodgy texture mapping, particularly around the canopy framing & bomb bay doors, but I managed to get a couple of interesting schemes out of it.