PDA

View Full Version : B-17 F paints

Chuck Lawsen
October 13th, 2015, 22:50
I've just uploaded 3 paints for the AH B-17F - 2 redo's, "Fire Ball" and "Wabash Cannonball"; and a new paint: "Knock Out Dropper". Those who have downloaded FB & WC (thank you!), please download these new versions that I've corrected some texture issues as well as added some additional details that are described in the image the image.

Chuck Lawsen
October 13th, 2015, 22:55
Here's some new images of Fire Ball and Wabash Cannonball

Chuck Lawsen
October 13th, 2015, 22:57
Here are some images of Knock-Out-Dropper. Enjoy!

jankees
October 14th, 2015, 04:05
excellent work!

Willy
October 14th, 2015, 04:46
Very Nice! Off to download them.

Ian Warren
October 14th, 2015, 08:43
Very Nice Chuck:encouragement:

Chuck Lawsen
October 14th, 2015, 08:49
Thanks guys, realy appreciate it. I just noticed that the descrip for Knockout is wrong, should be 303rdBG, 359BS - it shows the same as
Wabash C. at 91st BG. The read me info is correct though, it was late last night when I uploaded!

huub vink
October 14th, 2015, 09:35
Great looking repaints Chuck :encouragement:

David Robles FSX
October 14th, 2015, 12:55
Chuck:

In my next life, I want to be able to paint like you! I'm working on painting now but your the master!

Thanks for these and I hope to be able to create a film using your paints.

Respectfully:

David...

Roger
October 14th, 2015, 13:55
Many thanks for the updates too Chuck:ernaehrung004:

Musicman
October 14th, 2015, 15:25
These look great! The work you spent on the cowl texture alone is excellent! All the repaints should have this incorporated. Looking forward to some fly time in these. :encouragement:

PRB
October 14th, 2015, 15:26
Great work Chuck! Those look beautiful.

Chuck Lawsen
October 14th, 2015, 17:04
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I spent an enormus amount of time tweaking the psd's (my wife is glad I'm done too, she was developing a widow complex!), but it was worth it. Got a couple of projects and deadlines to deal with for now but hope to do some more about a month from now - will be easy to crank out since I've got all 17 tex maps adjusted to my liking. My dad piloted all "G"s, but he trained on "F"s and there are a number of F's of the 351st BG that have good photos of. If any of you have a fav "F" you'd like done, let me know and I'll see about working some in. Look forward to a video too David, if you have the time. Chuck

Butcherbird17
October 14th, 2015, 18:11
Great work on these paints Chuck. I know working on the cowlings was/is a pain to get right. (still not happy with the way mine look
on the Navy tri-color paints I released) Looking forward to any more you might do.

Joe

manfredc3
October 14th, 2015, 22:05
thanks for the paints Chuck.

Downloaded and ready to be added to the hangar.

Chuck Lawsen
October 16th, 2015, 22:53
After I figured out how to make painted wheel discs, like Memphis Belle has, I decided to make another rendition of Knock Out Dropper as she looked when brought back to the states for a war bond tour. The textures are the same as the first paint except the nose and the wheels. Here are some screen shots. Enjoy!

Ian Warren
October 17th, 2015, 12:21
That is looking absolutely Brilliant Chuck, I have been studying a few books here and paints required , you nailed that one :encouragement:

Chuck Lawsen
October 17th, 2015, 13:23
Thanks Ian, I enjoy doing research as much as painting. Butcherbird17, I hope you get to a point where you're satisfied with those cowls!

g.dawg
October 17th, 2015, 15:13
Here are some images of Knock-Out-Dropper. Enjoy!

Beautiful work Chuck on all the birds.

Gary

Ian Warren
October 18th, 2015, 09:35
Thanks Ian, I enjoy doing research as much as painting. Butcherbird17, I hope you get to a point where you're satisfied with those cowls!
I must get it install , currently have a friend stopping all the time , one off these fellas doing a bitta 'fly' fishing :biggrin-new:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR8yDNGUyvw ... B-17s tho , the research is a lotta fun , actually showed Nick the Fort yesterday , but bugger without your paints .......... , simply something pretty about the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress .... as Nick pull's a book from my shelf, brought as a prize I won from school forty years back, strangely they did not want me to buy it with prize moneys ... I told the school they could have their book gift back, I did not want a title sorta like "The hen jumped over the moon with his mate the Rabbit" which is what the school wanted ... those day's in the NZ we had the TV series running "Twelve 'O' Clock High " a Quinn Martin production .. Starring Robert Lansen .. anyway ... more research and keep painting , the fun part! ... least I scored the book .. and the school would be proud I still have it.