PDA

View Full Version : AI trouble shooting help please...

Duckie
October 8th, 2015, 09:41
Hello all -

I am not all that versed in AI flight planning but I have managed to get 3 good plans in for some military AI. I have used exclusively AIFP3 and planned all from scratch. NO FS9 or converted FS9 plans used.

Now the problem. Trying to add additional new from scratch FSX plans using the same methods and AIFP3 none of the new AI show up at any of the airfields. Previous AI still operate and the stock AI operate but no new AI from any of a couple new flight plans show up.

AIFP compiles w/o error. Parking is available and correctly sized and also compile w/o error. However, per the AIFP3 parking analyzer, aircraft utilization on the new plans is zero %.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions on where to look or what to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Dave Torkington
October 8th, 2015, 10:25
Hi Steve,

Well done for getting this far! AI aircraft are renowned for misbehaving so dig deep for some patience and grim determination.

It'd be good to know which aircraft you're trying to use as AI. Not all FSX aircraft will display or perform as AI should...

Have you taken a look the AIFP troubleshooting guide? http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=AIFP

Or checked the AIFP forum? http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/ai-flight-planner.100/

Cheers, Dave.

ian elliot
October 8th, 2015, 10:29
Im not sure about that problem, but maybe there's a duplicate traffic file lurking somewhere, maybe in Addon-scenery/scenery folder.
What i tend to do and may help you is, compile to desk-top first and then copy-paste to whatever scenery folder, that way i can keep an eye on what im doing, just a thought--

cheers ian

Duckie
October 8th, 2015, 12:28
Hi Dave and Ian, thanks for the responses.

I have gone through the AIFP TS guide and I was pretty much there when I got to it. I compile all my traffic files first to a work folder and then copy paste into a separate traffic scenery folder.

Currently I have removed all of the AI traffic files, including default, and am only doing a single test traffic plan to random airfield pairs with coded parking one at a time. 1 RT flight, one day per week and nothing is showing. I have tried the HTAI C172, the JYAI Blackhawks, HTAI C130, AYAI A-10s and nothing shows.

Note: before I got to this stage all of the above aircraft are in the traffic files for my KMGE and Moody AFB plans and all performed flawlessly. The default traffic, as far as I can tell was also working well. I have my traffic activity set at 40% and my flight plans set at 10% and 25%.

I have literally opened and checked every scenery folder and subfolder in sim for any errant traffic and / or airport bgls and there are none I can find. Don't know where else to look. Haven't tried a Windows file search but I'll do that tonight.

AIFP and ADEX compile the traffic and airport / parking bgls without error. I have no pre-canned or 3rd party traffic plans installed unless they are imbedded in the scenery and I don't even know if that can be done. freeware or pay-ware. I only just started working with FSX traffic a couple months ago.

I will visit the AIFP forums next. Thanks for that advice.

Steve

Dave Torkington
October 8th, 2015, 15:02
p.m. sent Steve.