PDA

View Full Version : FSX Douglas F5D Skylancer by Rob Richardson released

morpheusfz
October 3rd, 2015, 03:02
Just noticed that Rob has released the Skylancer with TacPack!

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/ (http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/)

It is on the Jet downloads page.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29670&stc=1

Stickshaker
October 3rd, 2015, 03:13
On that page is also a TacPac-enabled F-106!

Unfortunately the link does not seem to work, but that may be a temporary problem.

robcarrich
October 3rd, 2015, 04:12
On that page is also a TacPac-enabled F-106!

Unfortunately the link does not seem to work, but that may be a temporary problem.

Just updating that section of the site at the moment should be ready soon.

RJR

alain0568
October 3rd, 2015, 04:37
Hello Rob,

-Thank you for this plane!

-Bur my FSX said:

Failed to load texture: -Metal_parts.BMP
-Bump.DDS

and in vc:

Failed to load texture: -310_GAUGES.BMP
- VAMPIRE_GAUGE.BMP

-Thank you for your soluce!:))

Alain
-

robcarrich
October 3rd, 2015, 05:08
F 106 now ready for download.
Alain, why have you enabled "show missing textures"?
Please go to FSX cfg. file and disable!

alain0568
October 3rd, 2015, 05:27
Rob,

In my fsx.cfg:
-ShowMissingTextureAlert=1
-It is bad?

Alain

robcarrich
October 3rd, 2015, 05:42
Rob,

In my fsx.cfg:
-ShowMissingTextureAlert=1
-It is bad?

Alain

Unless you are using this for a specific reason I don't understand why you have it enabled.
Then again, if you have enabled it yourself why would you need to post here asking the question?

alain0568
October 3rd, 2015, 05:43
Rob,

-Disabled and it is all right! :)

Thank you!

Alain
-

morpheusfz
October 3rd, 2015, 05:46
How can i make the Tanks visible? The Switch in the VC do nothing...

robcarrich
October 3rd, 2015, 05:54
How can i make the Tanks visible? The Switch in the VC do nothing...
No tanks on TacPack version!

Stickshaker
October 3rd, 2015, 06:47
Downloading now. Thanks, Rob!

morpheusfz
October 3rd, 2015, 06:52
No tanks on TacPack version!

Ok, is there a non Tackpack Version?

robcarrich
October 3rd, 2015, 09:05
Ok, is there a non Tackpack Version?

Yes there is but as yet unreleased.

Cees Donker
October 3rd, 2015, 10:26
Yes! Great! Thanks Rob! Flies like swan....lovely! The Tacan gauge is very nice and very welcome! (I reduced the Impact Damage Threshold for the landing gear a bit, BTW.)

:applause::applause:

Cees

robcarrich
October 4th, 2015, 00:04
Yes! Great! Thanks Rob! Flies like swan....lovely! The Tacan gauge is very nice and very welcome! (I reduced the Impact Damage Threshold for the landing gear a bit, BTW.)

:applause::applause:

Cees

I had better make it clear that the fabulous RFN carrier gauge is not part of the Skylancer download and must be obtained separately from the Royal French Navy website.
Once you have it installed into your simulator it will then show in the virtual cockpit.

TARPSBird
October 4th, 2015, 00:06
Cees, nice screen shots. I flew out from NAS Miramar and trapped aboard Enterprise (CVN-65) twice in a row, after that not much luck. I have to disable the "sink rate", "pull up", and "too low" voice warnings, they're messing up my concentration and I'm not that good in the first place. :biggrin-new:

robcarrich
October 4th, 2015, 00:35
There is a new external model, with Sidewinders, of the TacPack "F 106 Delta Dart".
Available to download now.

RobR

Cees Donker
October 4th, 2015, 00:44
I had better make it clear that the fabulous RFN carrier gauge is not part of the Skylancer download and must be obtained separately from the Royal French Navy website.
Once you have it installed into your simulator it will then show in the virtual cockpit.

I have it installed and was very pleased with it showing up on the panel. If you're in for some serious carrier practice/operations, this gauge is a must-have!

:wavey:

Cees

Cees Donker
October 4th, 2015, 00:46
Cees, nice screen shots. I flew out from NAS Miramar and trapped aboard Enterprise (CVN-65) twice in a row, after that not much luck. I have to disable the "sink rate", "pull up", and "too low" voice warnings, they're messing up my concentration and I'm not that good in the first place. :biggrin-new:

I did that and put all the GPWS sound files in a seperate map within the sound folder.

:biggrin-new:

Cees

dvj
October 4th, 2015, 10:28
This is a well executed and fun to fly model. Bravo!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29729&stc=1

TARPSBird
October 4th, 2015, 12:24
I did that and put all the GPWS sound files in a seperate map within the sound folder.
Cees
...Which brings me to my next question: Where are those sounds? After I posted last night I couldn't find them, although I was a bit tired and not very thorough in my search. I was coming around astern of the ship to get lined up and the voice is telling me, "Don't sink! Don't sink!" and I'm like, shut up dammit, I'm at 700 ft, stop nagging me! :biggrin-new:

Update: Never mind, Cees, I found them. In case anybody else wants to silence the warning prompts they're in the FSX Sound folder as GPWS***.wav.

Mach3DS
October 4th, 2015, 17:53
Rob, do your models make use of the diffuse alpha blending and specular textures?

dvj
October 4th, 2015, 20:29
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/05/doug.jpg

Mach3DS
October 4th, 2015, 21:15
Looks like this one uses at least aloha channel! I see the exhaust shroud is reflective! What about specular? I seem to recall that the F106 did not? however I'm not sure!

robcarrich
October 4th, 2015, 21:41
Looks like this one uses at least aloha channel! I see the exhaust shroud is reflective! What about specular? I seem to recall that the F106 did not? however I'm not sure!
Textures on all my models have Alpha, specular and reflective values plus bump maps for exterior.
I'm not keen on aircraft with too much shine:untroubled:

RobR

dhazelgrove
October 4th, 2015, 23:42
Thank you for this one. She's lovely.

Dave

flaviossa
October 6th, 2015, 10:52
Hi, first thanks for the plane! Nice work!
I have some questions if someone can help please. Looking at this plane made me buy tackpack and as a new user iīm facing some issues. In this plane precisely:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/06/tackpack.jpg

How do i get rid of the text "TP surrogate" above the plane? This is the more important. I have the same situation on the Meteor too. Other tackpacked planes donīt have this issue (Cattaneoīs planes for example)
What other weapons are available and is there a config to choose them as others planes do?

And another question is, isnīt the lights misplaced?
Thanks!

flaviossa
October 6th, 2015, 19:03
Correction for my post above: the "surrogate" text shows up in some other tackpacked planes too. So, itīs not a skylancer thing in the end. Any sugestion to make this message go away?
About the lights, the question is still valid. Thanks!

DaveWG
October 6th, 2015, 21:57
If you turn off aircraft labels it will go away.

robcarrich
October 6th, 2015, 23:30
Hello flaviossa
Sorry you are disappointed with the Skylancer but if you pay freeware pricesI’m afraid you get freeware quality.
To compare the Skylancer with the aircraft from Dino Cattaneo is pointless,he is a master of the art and I am not!
There is no fancy loadout manager, I haven’t got a clue how to do that!
There is a readme concerning TacPack at point of download.
The lights are a bit of an issue, because they are attached to an animation they sometimes do swop colours, no idea why!
There is a contact email on my website for tech problems and I do answer all of the correspondence, I would have thought that out of common courtesy this would have been your first point of contact.

Rob Richardson

noddy
October 7th, 2015, 00:09
Many thanks Rob.

TARPSBird
October 7th, 2015, 00:51
Rob, thanks from me too. I appreciate having great airplanes such as yours made available to us as freeware. I look forward to your stuff as much as I always did the offerings from Paul Clawson, Kazunori Ito, Mike Stone and other freeware creators.

flaviossa
October 7th, 2015, 01:42
Wow, sorry. I was only reporting back one issue. Never crossed my mind that doing that was a problem. The mention to Dino planes was only about the "surrogate" text not to compare anything of the plane, witch by the way has nothing to do with the plane but only with tackpack way of doing things. Anyway, nevermind. Thanks for the amazing plane. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/encouragement.png

@DaveWG: Thanks for the info! I was trying to disable only the tackpack text, as i turn it on because the AI traffic messages. I think iīll have to live with that.