PDA

View Full Version : i want it now

navin johnson
October 2nd, 2015, 06:57
do any of you have a magic wand? there are planes W.I.P. that just feel like i've been waiting for ages. i don't want to wait any more!
anyone else gassin for something? what is it?

dhazelgrove
October 2nd, 2015, 06:59
A TacPack-enabled Jaguar or Mirage F1, perhaps?

USN/USMC Phantoms are in hand.

Dave

huub vink
October 2nd, 2015, 07:11
Queen, first track of the album Miracle.......

Cheers,
Huub

xpelekis
October 2nd, 2015, 07:18
A TacPack-enabled Jaguar or Mirage F1, perhaps?

Mainly the Mirage. But even more a Tacpacked Phantom right now !.....

WarHorse47
October 2nd, 2015, 07:53
P-39 Aircobra and F-100 Super Sabre.

glh
October 2nd, 2015, 07:55
Queen, first track of the album Miracle.......

Cheers,
Huub

You can get it on YouTube. Either the whole album (The Miracle) or just the first track (which is titled "Party" from what I can see).

There are several web sites that will extract the audio (in .mp3 format) from the video, giving you a music file. One that I use quite a bit is mp3fiber.com.

You can further process it through Audacity software if you desire. :very_drunk:

SSI01
October 2nd, 2015, 08:49
One thing that comes to mind is a thread that was on this site some time ago relating to helicopters we'd like to see. The only ones I can recall being submitted are the Sikorsky Mojave, and the Bell Cheyenne. I think some preliminary work was done on the Cheyenne but that's as far as it went. Sure would be nice to see them, they're exotic creations, for helicopters that is.

Scandinavian
October 2nd, 2015, 09:00
A more or less modern Mig/Sukhoi with Tackpack.

Alan_A
October 2nd, 2015, 09:09
I took the OP's question to mean, what works-in-progress are you waiting (im)patiently for, vs. a more general wishlist.

If that's accurate... then I want to tread lightly here, because any such list could be taken (wrongly) as a "let's get on with it" kind of demand. Which it isn't. So, just to be clear, I'm more than willing to wait, and I'm grateful for everything that developers do, but I'm checking this and other sites eagerly and too often for...

-- Javis' vintage VC for Manfred's C-47
-- A2A's AT-6 (yes, I know it wasn't announced that long ago, but it shot way up to the top of my list)
-- Joseph's Cessna 170 project
-- The Warbirdsim P-39
-- Any and all B-25's
-- The PMDG DC-6 (I'll try it in X-Plane, but will probably get much more use out of the FSX version)
-- The service pack for the AH Electra (see note for A2A AT-6, above)

Sense a theme? Lots of stuff that leaks oil.

I'm sure I've left many others out. I'll be back as they come to mind, or as others bring them up...

EDIT: Whoops! Posted this before I visited the Electra thread, where it appears that people are beginning to gather with torches and pitchforks to, um, check on the progress of the service pack. Wasn't my intent to join them. Take your time, guys.

See how dangerous this gets?

ejoiner
October 2nd, 2015, 09:22
do any of you have a magic wand? there are planes W.I.P. that just feel like i've been waiting for ages. i don't want to wait any more!
anyone else gassin for something? what is it?

The Milviz F-100D tops that list for me.

thefrog
October 2nd, 2015, 09:29
I'd really like to get my hands on the Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight Dove/Devon which was announced several months ago.

Alan_A
October 2nd, 2015, 09:44
+1 for the Dove/Devon.

Dangerous Beans
October 2nd, 2015, 10:35
Ask don't get, don't ask don't want.
At least that's what my nan used to tell me :)

Montie
October 2nd, 2015, 10:36
The Milviz F-15C for me please.

huub vink
October 2nd, 2015, 10:41
You can get it on YouTube. Either the whole album (The Miracle) or just the first track (which is titled "Party" from what I can see).

There are several web sites that will extract the audio (in .mp3 format) from the video, giving you a music file. One that I use quite a bit is mp3fiber.com.

You can further process it through Audacity software if you desire. :very_drunk:

Thanks, but I was referring to this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

Cheers,
Huub

T6flyer
October 2nd, 2015, 11:50
They say 'Good things come to those who wait' :)

I'm patiently waiting of course for the A2A T-6, which will probably be my last purchase as recently lost interest in simming, but this aeroplane has made me stay around.....

Martin

ryanbatc
October 2nd, 2015, 11:51
Realair Super Legacy in P3D with GTN750

:)

DaveSHQ
October 2nd, 2015, 11:54
QualityWings 787....it's been.............awhile.

glh
October 2nd, 2015, 12:06
Despite their obvious visual differences, most aircraft are built upon very similar theoretical approaches to flight. For heavier-than-air aircraft, most flying machines are based on lift through a rotating blade (like a helicopter), or a fixed wing and some propulsive engine. Rarely does a researcher invent an entirely new method of flying. But last November (http://www.popularmechanics.com/how-to/blog/for-simpler-flying-robots-make-them-fly-like-jellyfish-16200136), at New York University, applied mathematician Leif Ristroph did just that. Ristroph's naturally stable flying machine, the AeroJelly, is only slightly larger than your hand, and pumps its four flapping wings like a flying jellyfish.

"My lab is interested in studying air dynamics and flapping wing flight," says Ristroph, "and I was trying to design something that was stable without any sort of feedback." Ristroph explains that his AeroJelly is more than just an odd curiosity; it's letting him and his colleagues prod into the murky physics behind flexible, flapping wings. "This is very uncharted territory," he says, as the flexible wings change their shape as they flap, and lead to strange aerodynamic properties. "You get this unusual effect where flapping leads to these swirls of air that launch off the wing, and the wings can interact with each other, which is challenging."

Would be interesting to see if some developer can do this.

ThinkingManNeil
October 2nd, 2015, 12:14
Not WIP's but I'd still love to see:

PZL Wilga 2000 with a Lycoming flat six

Ultraflight Lazair

Zlin Savage Cruiser

Aeronca 15AC Sedan

RANS S-12XL Airaile

Bowers Fly Baby

All native for FSX, naturally...

N.

ThinkingManNeil
October 2nd, 2015, 12:49
Gonna cheat and add this beauty: the Kitfox S7 Super Sport with a Rotec R2800 radial engine...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29665&stc=1

Really looking forward to the A2A AT-6 Texan, too!

N.

Alan_A
October 2nd, 2015, 13:02
Would be interesting to see if some developer can do this.

I won't buy a jellyfish unless it's Accu-Simmed!

Sorry... couldn't resist...

As you were.

mvg3d
October 2nd, 2015, 13:28
P-39 Aircobra and F-100 Super Sabre.

I too !!!!
I want also the F-104G and Phantom that A2A announced in the past.......
T-33 and AT-6 in a second time.

:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

doublecool
October 2nd, 2015, 14:12
Honestly I like these threads...
I like all aircraft and the outhouse members have really neat ideas :ernaehrung004: and I always come away with two or three I have never heard of

Thanks

heywooood
October 2nd, 2015, 17:30
Bjoern would have loved this thread.... I miss 'im already

as easily as he could have ignored these kinds of threads, folks could have just as easily ignored his little rants...kind of a two way street there no?

cantankerous cuss that he is, cheers mate

..now - wheres that Norseman we were talking about start of summer eh? ...

heywooood
October 2nd, 2015, 17:31
Gonna cheat and add this beauty: the Kitfox S7 Super Sport with a Rotec R2800 radial engine...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29665&stc=1

Really looking forward to the A2A AT-6 Texan, too!

N.
thats a pretty parrot....I like it

MustangL2W
October 2nd, 2015, 18:35
With the intensity and detail of Aeroplane Heaven's Lockheed release and the lovely Milton Shupe Hudson, it has brought back my desire for a couple more beauty's of that era. My Interest was initially fueled by Alabeo's release of the classic 195 and the D-17 Staggerwing models. Jankees took these releases and painted them up in the schemes they wore when "Pressed" into service of their Country. (Hoping he does the same for the Lockheed 10 as the UC-36A) Thinking along that same train of thought...How about a
UC-64A Noorduyn Norsemen? - A seriously overlooked Bush Plane. The Norseman was "Drafted" by the USAAF in WWII. Do a repaint of the Glenn Miller Transport, the Silver one with the red tail and wing tips like is displayed at the AF Museum in Dayton and a Great looking "Bush" version in tribute to its roots.

How about a really nicely detailed version of the Cessna UC-78 "Bamboo Bomber?" Something that allows you to understand and experience a WWII Multi-Trainer. Another very versatile aircraft that was widely used in WWII. So many Air Corps pilots flew this type before moving on to fly the bombers and transports that allowed the War to be won! O.D. and Silver USAAF Twin Trainer repaints the reflect their different training groups, and maybe a modern vintage scheme to balance the offering.

ThinkingManNeil
October 2nd, 2015, 21:25
How about a really nicely detailed version of the Cessna UC-78 "Bamboo Bomber?" Something that allows you to understand and experience a WWII Multi-Trainer. Another very versatile aircraft that was widely used in WWII. So many Air Corps pilots flew this type before moving on to fly the bombers and transports that allowed the War to be won! O.D. and Silver USAAF Twin Trainer repaints the reflect their different training groups, and maybe a modern vintage scheme to balance the offering.

I'd love to see a UC-78 (aka Cessna Crane) too. My dad earned his chops as an airframe mechanic servicing them at an RCAF BCATP unit stationed at Brandon, Manitoba, during the war before being posted overseas to a squadron of Lancasters. The Crane's a great little airplane and good looking, too. I always wanted to take a hop in the one owned by the CWH while I was a member there years ago, but never got around to it...

N.

cortomalteseit
October 2nd, 2015, 22:58
An Aermacchi MB-339, for sure!!!

mvg3d
October 2nd, 2015, 23:11
An Aermacchi MB-339, for sure!!!

Hi Cortomalteseit,
I think Dino, after his absolutely astounding '326, has also a '339 in his future projects.....

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

cortomalteseit
October 2nd, 2015, 23:43
Hi Cortomalteseit,
I think Dino, after his absolutely astounding '326, has also a '339 in his future projects.....

Hi mvg3d,
yes, i'm a Dino follower since his first works, and I check everyday his blog in search of good news :jump::jump::jump:
cheers

Stickshaker
October 3rd, 2015, 03:17
Tom Wood has, or had, a Do-335 in the works. I would like some more late-WWII German aircraft like an up-to-date Go-229 or a Bachem Natter.

vora
October 3rd, 2015, 03:46
These are the ones which I follow closely:

RealAir Duke B60 V2 for P3D
AH Piper Aztec
Aerosoft Pilatus Porter
IDS Socata Trinidad

MustangL2W
October 3rd, 2015, 06:03
Aerosoft teased with a Ju52 a couple years ago that I really had my heart set on....

DaveSHQ
October 3rd, 2015, 06:45
Aerosoft teased with a Ju52 a couple years ago that I really had my heart set on....

I can only imagine how many projects were started and given up on because of one reason or another.
Probably double for the amount of repaints given in on for bad paintkits or other reasons.

P-38Fan
October 3rd, 2015, 07:19
If anything an accusimmed F4U Corsair would be awesome

Alan_A
October 3rd, 2015, 07:56
Aerosoft Pilatus Porter

Yes!

I try to avoid day-of-release purchases. But that one will be an exception.

jankees
October 3rd, 2015, 08:05
a P-61 Black Widow would be nice..

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/best/FX7093.jpg
(http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/best/FX7093.jpg.html)
what happened to this one, Warchild?

DaveSHQ
October 3rd, 2015, 08:23
Jankees

Is that the Abacus model? It's the only one available that i'm aware of. I thought of doing repaints for it, but unsure how many people have it.

jankees
October 3rd, 2015, 08:40
no, this was a sim-outhouse project that stalled after a while

odourboy
October 3rd, 2015, 09:03
One I'm anticipating is SSW's PA-200 "Tornado", which i just found out is going to be tacpacked! :jump:

mvg3d
October 3rd, 2015, 09:12
a P-61 Black Widow would be nice.....

What happened with the MAAM's one ?

:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::enco uragement:

dvj
October 3rd, 2015, 18:23
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29698&stc=1

Now, Please!

Butcherbird17
October 3rd, 2015, 18:28
+1 dvj and TacPacked with a virtual Olga Kurylenko as my copilot.:wavey:

Joe

dvj
October 3rd, 2015, 19:02
+1 dvj and TacPacked with a virtual Olga Kurylenko as my copilot.:wavey:

Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=8&v=HmUm8dG4bTI

navin johnson
October 3rd, 2015, 19:59
some of the planes i was thinking of were mentioned by some of you. i didn't mean this thread as a rant, just one of those times i sat down and was thinking "wouldn't it be cool if i could have it NOW." i have to admit though, i do have a pretty fair sim hangar already. probably tiny compared to some of you guys though.

Dangerousdave26
October 4th, 2015, 11:40
Rob had problems exporting it as the model got too big.

Frustration set in and he got burned out trying to fix it.

We might still see it someday.

a P-61 Black Widow would be nice..

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/best/FX7093.jpg
(http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/best/FX7093.jpg.html)
what happened to this one, Warchild?

roger-wilco-66
October 4th, 2015, 12:52
Let's hope the Black Widow will be picked up again. The accompanying thread alone was brilliant!

I second the remark about the Accusim F4U Corsair.

But there are quite a few aircraft that have been overlooked a bit. I'd buy a DH-C 4 Caribou, a Fairchild C-123k Provider or a Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar on the spot. I have a soft spot for these old work horses.

Cheers,
Mark

SeanTK
October 4th, 2015, 13:19
Looks like Carenado's Reims F406 Caravan II is coming very soon (guessing a couple weeks)...

https://www.facebook.com/Carenado/posts/885684141508401

N2056
October 4th, 2015, 19:40
Regarding the P-61...

Dave was correct in that I was having huge issues with compiling the model. Between that and the amount of time I had been working on it I had to take a break from the project. In the interim I progressed to using Max for my modeling, and I also managed to overcome the exporting high-poly models issue. Using Max I have also got the hang of doing cool stuff like shadow baking. For the last 2+ years I have been working on a project for EagleSoft that is getting close to completion. I also managed to get a promotion to a supervisory position at work, the downside is that it resulted in my having to put in a lot of overtime that eats into my time to model anything.

That said, I occasionally fiddle with the P-61. The model has been transferred to Max, and I have no export issues. In order to render out shadows I will have to re-map a significant amount of the interior parts and that means I will also have to rework pretty much all of the interior textures.

I have too much time & effort in the project to let it die, and I also owe it to the others that were involved to finish the job. I am thinking that this could end up being sort of my master work in terms of modeling, and frankly it could be quite a while before I call it done.

roger-wilco-66
October 4th, 2015, 23:43
Robert, if it helps:

there is a third party version of xtomdl out there that does not have the 65k limit. It is fully FSX compatible. I'm not sure but the P3D 1.4 version of xtomdl also is not limited.

Cheers,
Mark

dhazelgrove
October 4th, 2015, 23:50
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/dhazelgrove/Z1-11.jpg~original

Wouldn't be me if I didn't mention one of these, would it?

Dave