PDA

View Full Version : I haven't asked about a native FSX T-37 lately...

rdaniell
September 29th, 2015, 01:28
...SO..:jump:.do any of you developers who visit the Outhouse have any news?

RD

Bjoern
September 29th, 2015, 05:25
+++ BREAKING +++ BREAKING +++ INQUIRIES ABOUT UNNECESSARY AIRCRAFT ADD ONS RECHING NEW LEVELS OF ANNOYANCE +++ "STOP ASKING AND DO IT YOURSELF" RESPONSES UP 100% +++DOW JONES CRASHES IN RESPONSE +++ PRESIDENT DECLARES NATIONAL EMERGENCY +++

(If that ain't news, I don't know.)

stovall
September 29th, 2015, 07:37
Bjoern, your comment is completely out of line. Randy posted a legitimate question and deserves a legitimate answer. Please keep such comments to yourself. I repeat the question for Randy.

...SO..:jump:.do any of you developers who visit the Outhouse have any news?

ak416
September 29th, 2015, 07:53
A T-37 would be quite welcome! Probably the closest I'd ever get to my long-desired CT-114.

Tako_Kichi
September 29th, 2015, 08:16
The CT-114 has been talked about as a possible aircraft for LDR once we get the Navion A out but finding good quality resource material is not easy.

There are lots of external shots on the net and a few cockpit shots but they don't show enough detail to identify all the switches, gauges etc.

I've never seen a POM or service manual for it either and they are usually a goldmine of information for both the modeller and the FD guy.

ak416
September 29th, 2015, 09:06
The CT-114 has been talked about as a possible aircraft for LDR once we get the Navion A out but finding good quality resource material is not easy.

There are lots of external shots on the net and a few cockpit shots but they don't show enough detail to identify all the switches, gauges etc.

I've never seen a POM or service manual for it either and they are usually a goldmine of information for both the modeller and the FD guy.
That would be incredible! I'd be more than happy to help find any resource material you might need if you wanted some help. I've spoken to a few guys who flew and serviced the Tutor in some of the Facebook groups I'm a part of, perhaps they would be willing to lend a hand.

Also, I'm pretty sure they'll let you in the cockpit of the static Tutor on display at the Warplane Heritage Museum, not sure how complete it is but I could definitely inquire :encouragement:

Sorry, didn't mean to de-rail the thread

Naismith
September 29th, 2015, 11:21
[QUOTE=Tako_Kichi;982894]The CT-114 has been talked about as a possible aircraft for LDR once we get the Navion A out but finding good quality resource material is not easy.

I've never seen a POM or service manual for it either and they are usually a goldmine of information for both the modeller and the FD guy.[/QUOte

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canadair-CL-41-CT-114-Tutor-manual-RARE-detailed-archive-/281789333865?hash=item419bf40169

Tako_Kichi
September 29th, 2015, 12:45
Thanks Naismith, I just bought it!

:ernaehrung004:
:jump::wiggle: :redfire:

Now I just have to wait for it to be delivered from England!

delta_lima
September 29th, 2015, 13:16
Classic 60s era jet trainers? I'm in!! :)

Would love a Tweety, no doubt.

A Tutor would be awesome. Have sat in them a good number of times, and could almost certainly get access to the one 15 min down the road from where I live (Langley Air Museum):

Not likely in as good / complete shape as the WHM model, but happy to help with pics if/when times comes.

dl

Bjoern
September 29th, 2015, 13:30
Bjoern, your comment is completely out of line. Randy posted a legitimate question and deserves a legitimate answer.

Not with that thread title.

But after the whip, here's some sugar bread.
(Get your wrenches, paintbuckets and studying hats and help this guy get his rendition into FSX or P3D!)
http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/couldnt-generate-the-mdl.433036/

roger-wilco-66
September 30th, 2015, 02:40
Hey Bjoern, we've seen nice projects being sparked by inquiries or suggestions here, so let's try to support the cause.

Anyhow, thanks for the inquiry, Randy. A T-37 would be great indeed!!

Some nice infos and images:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=285344&st=0

Here's a list fo T-37s in museums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_surviving_Cessna_T-37_Tweets

Maybe a SOH member living anywhere near one of those mentioned could go on a field trip for a photo session to get some cockpit shots? I'd do it at once but unfortunately there is no specimen near where I live.

Cheers,
Mark

falcon409
September 30th, 2015, 04:11
Hey Bjoern, we've seen nice projects being sparked by inquiries or suggestions here, so let's try to support the cause.

Anyhow, thanks for the inquiry, Randy. A T-37 would be great indeed!!

Some nice infos and images:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=285344&st=0

Here's a list fo T-37s in museums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_surviving_Cessna_T-37_Tweets

Maybe a SOH member living anywhere near one of those mentioned could go on a field trip for a photo session to get some cockpit shots? I'd do it at once but unfortunately there is no specimen near where I live.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark, the T-37 mentioned in the Museum list at Perrin is right down the road from me. I was stationed at Perrin. I would have access to that T-37 for sure. . .I've done it before to take some shots for a T-37 I retextured for the sim.

Daveroo
September 30th, 2015, 06:12
Not with that thread title.

But after the whip, here's some sugar bread.
(Get your wrenches, paintbuckets and studying hats and help this guy get his rendition into FSX or P3D!)
http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/couldnt-generate-the-mdl.433036/

we all know you can be mean ,hehehehe,man i hope someone helps the fella in your link,id love to see that IA-58 finished !! :encouragement:

Bjoern
September 30th, 2015, 06:25

Check the FSDev link I posted. Eduardo has a WIP model, but had/has problems exporting it to FSX or P3D.
I couldn't help him because he did not make the problems clear enough (language barrier, probably).

So if you guys really want this bird, posting links to "nice images" doesn't do at all.
Get into contact with him and offer your active assistance. Textures, FDE and probably gauge development. Or getting the .mdl into FSX/P3D for a start. I know from his FS9 models that he go all the way on his own, but stuff gets done faster if more people work on it (see Milton's birds).
Passively nagging for updates isn't gonna work unless you want to wait a few years until the whistle is on Milviz' to-do list.
(To be fair, Randy had no chance of knowing about Eduardo's model. Still, I want to avoid a repetition of this thread after half a year.)

roger-wilco-66
September 30th, 2015, 08:01
Bjoern, quite frankly, it's the OPs right to open and continue a thread with that subject if he whishes. Also those who wish to participate in it. If you don't like the subject, just ignore it and let us have our fun with it.

Mark

roger-wilco-66
September 30th, 2015, 11:09
Mark, the T-37 mentioned in the Museum list at Perrin is right down the road from me. I was stationed at Perrin. I would have access to that T-37 for sure. . .I've done it before to take some shots for a T-37 I retextured for the sim.

Ed, sounds great! Being able to do your own captures on the subject is a great asset, since we know what we need for our work and can take the photos aoccordingly. I hope LDR / Larry picks the A-37 / T-37 / CT-114 whatever up, would be great news!

Cheers,
Mark

Bjoern
October 1st, 2015, 12:34
I've requested a temporary ban after receiving a PM from one of the admins because I can't, and won't be able to bite my tongue during these stupid aircraft request/aircraft development news request threads.

Apologies to Randy in case he saw my initial here post as a personal attack.

Peace out.

Roger
October 1st, 2015, 13:53
I've requested a temporary ban after receiving a PM from one of the admins because I can't, and won't be able to bite my tongue during these stupid aircraft request/aircraft development news request threads.

Apologies to Randy in case he saw my initial here post as a personal attack.

Peace out.

This would have been better served as a continuation of our pm conversation. However with your post suggesting that you will be unable to refrain from potentially rude, personal attacks we will grant your wish but it will be for six months.

Unfortunately this means closing this thread.