PDA

View Full Version : News on the KA 300/350i

Katoun
September 28th, 2015, 17:32
Hi,

Colin has asked me to post this:

First of all, we want to thank all of our King Air customers for their loyalty and patience. It hasn't been a quick road to a release, and unfortunately, it's about to get a bit longer.

When we started the King Air, our goal was to make one of the most authentic simulations of the King Air that would exist in our simulators. We were confident in our progress, to the point that last year we decided to open up the doors and invite our customers along for the journey. Well, although the King Air has progressed to the point where many might call for it's release, saying it's 'good enough', we've had to sit down and make some very difficult decisions regarding its evolution.

The fact is, we're not happy with the present condition of the PL-21, nor the UNS FMS that is currently installed in the King Air. We feel that it's not accurate enough to the real deal, and when it's all said and done, we desire this aircraft to be *perfect*. To that end, we are completely dropping the UNS FMS and re-coding the PL-21. This will allow us to provide the correct FMS, the correct procedures, the correct look and feel, and in the end, a far more authentic and superior product. One that will allow us to continue our long standing tradition of upgrading and support well into the future.

However, with a change of this magnitude comes an inevitable delay. We were hoping for a release in the very, very near future, but the changes we've described necessitate a lot more work and coding, much more bug fixing and polishing. We've never done anything half-way, and we're not about to start now. Although we hesitate to put a number to it, we are targeting a window of 3 to 6 months for this extra work to be completed.

When we have a stable alpha version with the new code, we will of course be releasing a version to our Early Access customers to become familiar with.

Again, we thank you for your continued loyalty and patience; we promise to make this an aircraft worth waiting for.

Colin Pearson

Thank you.

Kat

Sundog
September 28th, 2015, 19:17
Thanks for the update. :)

Daube
September 28th, 2015, 19:49
Additional delays are always quite "bad" for the customers, but new and more realistic features are the best possible compensation :)
Thanks for the update.

I understand the focus is on the realism of the instruments of this plane. However, I lost track of the current features of this bird quite a long time ago. I know it's going to be beautifully modelled (because MilViz) and now I know the instruments are going to be very complete. But can anybody tell me anything about the engine management ? Is it going to be some MilViz-specific engine behavior, or is it going to be "FSX default-king-air" behavior ?

n4gix
September 29th, 2015, 05:35
There is a completely custom engine and electrical system that is being developed and tested.

griphos
September 29th, 2015, 05:43
It is, in its present state, a good and reasonable modeling of engine systems with some issues still to work out between torque and prop behavior. I expect the final model will do a good job at the tricky dynamics of turboprops in FSX.

I dont mind the wait. There certainly are issues currently with the FMS, but it's quite enjoyable to fly otherwise, and much more user-friendly than some other offerings, such as the quirky Metro III, which I do like, but which can be a pain.

olderndirt
September 29th, 2015, 08:57
Flying the 'Alpha' continues to whet my apetite for the finished model - take your time and get it right.