PDA

View Full Version : help starting CFS2

Capt. Winters
September 24th, 2015, 20:53
Hi All,

I need some help working out a start up problem with CFS2. My wife updated our PC to windows 10 whilst I was away with work. now when I try to start cfs2 I get an error message about video display must be set to 16 bit or higher and that cfs2 will now close.

I have my video set to 32 bit millions of colours, I've been into the video settings etc and I'm buggered if I can see anything else to change.

any help very much appreciated.

regards Rob.

PS I cant go back to win7 as I dont know password that was used to set win7 up on this PC and you cant revert without it.

misson
September 25th, 2015, 18:16
You have tried to find solutions for compatibility provided by MS?
Try to use win xp compatibility. also see resolution compatibility in program poperties.

Btw: nice bolt action rifle!

Cheers
Mario

Rami
September 26th, 2015, 01:12
Rob,

I'm wondering myself if it's some sort of compatibility issue. One solution is to right-click on the .exe file and make sure it's not running in 256 color mode...

Allen
September 26th, 2015, 10:01
An idea is to rename/delete the CFS2.cfg and let a new one be made. It has all of the settings for CFS2 and maybe the setting from Win7 won't work with Win9.

Capt. Winters
September 27th, 2015, 00:32
Hi All,

thanks for the advice, Rami, right clicking the exe file it was set for 8 bit. which is strange as I had previously set it to compatibility mode XP service pack 2 and 16 bit colour. for some reason it keeps loosing the compatibility setting to XP but at least the colour setting is now sticking and its running.

thanks again, regards Rob.

PS Mario, thanks, thats my 1943 Enfield No4 MkI* she's a great old rifle.

Rami
September 27th, 2015, 02:15
Hi All,

thanks for the advice, Rami, right clicking the exe file it was set for 8 bit. which is strange as I had previously set it to compatibility mode XP service pack 2 and 16 bit colour. for some reason it keeps loosing the compatibility setting to XP but at least the colour setting is now sticking and its running.

thanks again, regards Rob.

PS Mario, thanks, thats my 1943 Enfield No4 MkI* she's a great old rifle.

Rob,

In all honesty, that was a real WAG. (Wild Arse Guess) Nice to know that moonshot hit the mark!