PDA

View Full Version : Well, he did have the green light.

Paul Anderson
September 24th, 2015, 10:19
http://www.wimp.com/airplane-lands-on-city-street/

FlameOut
September 24th, 2015, 16:50
Yes, I saw that yesterday also but I forgot to mention it here. :applause:

gman5250
September 24th, 2015, 17:52
So Cal flying out of KSNA...I know this area very well.

First, you have to hand it to the pilot. Trees, "Trendies", power lines and So Cal traffic...not a mark on the airplane. :encouragement:

Of course, as this is Southern California one could imagine the pilot and his student calmly exiting the plane for the corner Starbucks and ordering a half double de-caffeinated half caff...with a twist.

Daveroo
September 24th, 2015, 18:23
i had to say something here.this guy lands on a city street,and several seconds pass before the guy with the camera reaches the plane,,and the only car that seems to have stopped to see what was wrong,was only sitting there because the traffic didnt let him merge,and then the one car that stopped infront of the carwas only going to yell at him for blocking that driveway...ofcaurse i dont know that,but my god...why didnt someone stop to check on them...only in LA...would interrupt their day i suppose..and god knows you cant do anything to upset a sounthern californians day................

gman5250
September 24th, 2015, 18:37
i had to say something here.this guy lands on a city street,and several seconds pass before the guy with the camera reaches the plane,,and the only car that seems to have stopped to see what was wrong,was only sitting there because the traffic didnt let him merge,and then the one car that stopped infront of the carwas only going to yell at him for blocking that driveway...ofcaurse i dont know that,but my god...why didnt someone stop to check on them...only in LA...would interrupt their day i suppose..and god knows you cant do anything to upset a sounthern californians day................

1001 things to do while sitting at a red light in Irvine, which by the way seem to go on for an eternity.

Texting, blogging, primping, scrolling, shaving, combing, flexing, tanning, meditating, hugging, touching, feeling, grooming, shopping, Googling, networking, power napping.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Lane Street
September 25th, 2015, 12:06
Texting, blogging, primping, scrolling, shaving, combing, flexing, tanning, meditating, hugging, touching, feeling, grooming, shopping, Googling, networking, power napping.

Sounds like a Journey song.

Naismith
September 25th, 2015, 12:26

I was thinking Grateful Dead, but you beat me to it. The Dead's would have gone on a lot longer though.:biggrin-new:

gman5250
September 25th, 2015, 15:17

Man...I read this and Steve Perry's voice came crashing straight into my head. It'll probably be there for days. Think I'd prefer Garcia.

Lane Street
September 25th, 2015, 15:59
Man...I read this and Steve Perry's voice came crashing straight into my head. It'll probably be there for days. Think I'd prefer Garcia.

Sorry 'bout that.

If it had been more Bay area I might have went with the Dead, SoCal seems so.....Journeyish.

gman5250
September 25th, 2015, 16:33
Sorry 'bout that.

If it had been more Bay area I might have went with the Dead, SoCal seems so.....Journeyish.

Gotta admit, I always thought Perry had one of the best voices in that era.

Blackbird686
September 26th, 2015, 03:36
Definitely Grateful Dead material.... "What a long strange trip it's been".....:dizzy:

BB686:US-flag: