View Full Version : 50% OFF sale at FSD

jschall
September 23rd, 2015, 13:10
FlightSim Developers are having a 2-day sale:

http://www.fsd-international.com/sale.htm

The discount code is TAKEFIFTY.

TARPSBird
September 23rd, 2015, 13:23
Hehe, I think I can find something to buy during this sale. How's their P-38?

glh
September 23rd, 2015, 16:45
Too bad one has to go through the whole account setup process FIRST in order to pay with PayPal, which gives them all the info they need. No, Thank You. I'll keep my money until I only have to give an email address, press PayPal and download.

ryanbatc
September 23rd, 2015, 17:04
Didn't even know FSD was still in business.

Bushpounder
September 23rd, 2015, 17:35
I thought they were long gone. Their stuff has to be getting out dated by now.

Don

manfredc3
September 23rd, 2015, 21:44
Talking about a blast from the past!

Those ac are not up to par with current standards, but might be fine for those with few demands

greenie
September 23rd, 2015, 22:02
Save your money . These guys are so last century !

b52bob
September 24th, 2015, 05:07
Bought some of there stuff in the past, the way past, and registered with them. Got an email every other day about a sale until I junk mailed them. There stuff was pretty nice for the time but haven't released anything new in a long long time.

lownslo
September 24th, 2015, 05:43
I got tired of paying my money and then being treated like a pirate. Their paranoia isn't worth the price... and it's dated price today anyway.

Greg

falcon409
September 24th, 2015, 06:02
I have to echo the sentiments of most. I finally opted out of their e-mail updates. As has been mentioned, they no longer produce aircraft they simply push the old stuff every so often. The problems that surfaced a few months ago trying to get their "New" installer to work on the YF23 (which didn't by the way), and then getting the same old rhetoric from them that there was nothing wrong with it. . .it must be something you're doing wrong, finally wore thin. They had some good aircraft at one time but they aren't worth the hassles you run into if anything at all goes wrong with their ridiculous installer system.

jschall
September 24th, 2015, 09:23
Well, I paid my $10 for their Bonanza.

I was able to download the installer, but they didn't send me any license info, so I'm stuck waiting for their email support.

robert41
September 24th, 2015, 09:33
I have their P38. Just reinstalled to my new computer. A couple of names and passwords, installed fine. Still a pretty descent aircraft.

Bjoern
September 24th, 2015, 12:29
I was honestly intrigued by the Navajo, but then I noticed hat it's not FSX native. Bit of a shame.

Boomer
September 24th, 2015, 17:24
FWIW I never had any problems with their installers. Everything worked as it should have from the get go. Dumb luck probably.

I was honestly intrigued by the Navajo, but then I noticed hat it's not FSX native. Bit of a shame.

I bought the Navajo when it 1st came out & was well & truly pleased (pre FSX). It was one of the finest models in my hangar. Last week I was rummaging through some backup disks & found the Navajo & was pretty excited as I installed. Alas the excitement was short lived. It is very dated, not FSX native & pretty much a waste of the HD space.

It did fly very nicely & the soundset was still good... Not good enough to take up any HD space though & it was promptly deleted after a single lap around the airfield. I should qualify this by saying I am a bit of a aircraft snob. I am certain many would still be pleased with it.

They made good stuff back in the day. They should quit bleeding this turnip & get back to developing or at least updating their models.

Obie311
September 24th, 2015, 20:30
I too unsubscribed to their email list. Can't get too excited about a sale of their inventory.

I guess I'll be flying their PC-6 Porter until Marcel releases his version.

Obie

Bjoern
September 25th, 2015, 10:49
I bought the Navajo when it 1st came out & was well & truly pleased (pre FSX). It was one of the finest models in my hangar. Last week I was rummaging through some backup disks & found the Navajo & was pretty excited as I installed. Alas the excitement was short lived. It is very dated, not FSX native & pretty much a waste of the HD space.

It did fly very nicely & the soundset was still good... Not good enough to take up any HD space though & it was promptly deleted after a single lap around the airfield. I should qualify this by saying I am a bit of a aircraft snob. I am certain many would still be pleased with it.

Thanks for the insight.

I wouldn't really mind the visuals, TBH as the package seems to offer quite a bit "under the hood" stuff.