PDA

View Full Version : New Nvidia drivers

dhazelgrove
September 23rd, 2015, 03:30
I've tried three times to install the 355.98 drivers.
three times the computer has restarted immediately, and the install has failed.

Beware.

Dave

Ickie
September 23rd, 2015, 03:32
i had the same problem yesterday

TeiscoDelRay
September 23rd, 2015, 05:14
Try these, newer yet.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=402674

PHo17
September 23rd, 2015, 07:38
Why to bother if the old ones work (and not being a developer)?

Ickie
September 23rd, 2015, 07:47
Why to bother if the old ones work (and not being a developer)?

aha, my long time thoughts :biggrin-new:
I do not ever being able to see any difference

TeiscoDelRay
September 23rd, 2015, 07:57
Your correct, you guys shouldn't bother. These drivers are for someone that wants to get the most out of their sims.

gman5250
September 23rd, 2015, 08:19
I installed 355.98 when I got the update notice. Install went fine with no negative reactions in FSX or P3D 2.5.

I do however have quite a few display related issues. Example, if I put the computer in sleep mode I always get a corrupted screen when I wake the box up. This could be attributed to the display driver, but I think more likely it is related to Windows 10.

I just ran a driver scan and am downloading 356.04 now. I'll bump back in with the results.

I know that driver updates can be a terrifying experience, but I must acknowledge that the current Nvidia drivers in Windows 10 and P3D 2.5 render the best graphics I have ever experienced. If I survive the P3D 3.0 upgrade I'll be relatively content.

Edit: 356.04 installed...no issues that I can see.

Shylock
September 23rd, 2015, 09:53
I installed updated drivers....long story short, resulted in me having to start in safe mode, uninstall anything Nvidia, restart in safe mode again, run CC cleaner, reboot and install old drivers back in.

Naismith
September 23rd, 2015, 11:10
Not these new ones, but the previous issue caused me no end of problems with BSOD. I suppose my card is just too old for them to care about - GTX 660Ti. And who loves these constant nags from the taskbar - Geforce Experience updates available. Aaargh! :pop4: - Take your updates and shove 'em where the Sun don't shine.

SW
September 23rd, 2015, 11:18
I've tried three times to install the 355.98 drivers.
three times the computer has restarted immediately, and the install has failed.

The last 3 or 4 lost of updates from NVIDIA have given me trouble (including 355.98). I've found the solution is (using NVIDIA GeForce Experience in my case) to do a custom install, not an express install. You get an option during custom install to do a clean install. It warns you that you'll lose any profiles - I don't have any so that is no problem. I get it to do the clean install and everything is fine.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Windows 7 Home Premium 64; CFS2

Stefano Zibell
September 23rd, 2015, 11:35
I cant' trust software (geforce experience) to update my drivers. It just feels like a bad, bad idea with lots of potential f-ups and loose ends.

I just uninstall everything nvidia, reboot, install new drivers (that I downloaded myself), reboot again, delete the setup files taking precious ssd space, and test.