PDA

View Full Version : Justflight Lockheed Electra Autopilot

donnybalonny
September 21st, 2015, 02:15
Hi

Has anyone tried to use the autopilot on the Electra?

I have the problem that both the heading and the pitch will only go one direction. With the heading thats annoying, because I have to go a full compas scale in order to change heading.
With the pitch, its a serious problem because you can only go down and never up ar back again.

Is this a bug or me being stupid?

Maj Kong
September 21st, 2015, 05:25
I tried it on a long flight yesterday Bozeman to Jackson Hole. The heading worked ok except for that problem of trying to adjust using the knob. I finally programmed the FSX key commands for Heading/Altitude bugs and used them along with +/-. The Altitude/Pitch knob did not respond to the mouse cursor at all. Do not know if approach is possible with the Electra but I could not not get it to work using FSX keys.
All-in-all a nice plane but I find the instruments very hard to see and the comm numbers are far too dim. I was hoping it would surpass their DC-3 (a particular favorite of mine) but it will need a servise pack upgrade to suit me.
Regards
Neal H

donnybalonny
September 21st, 2015, 07:17
Thanks for the reply
It definately needs a service pack to suit me as well.

Has anyone else tested the autopilot? Its actually pretty important, since trimming the AC to level flight with the elevator trim and the throttle is almost impossible.

gecko65
September 21st, 2015, 07:18
Try right mouse click to get it to move the other way.

Martyn
September 21st, 2015, 23:13
A service pack is being worked on, so please continue to submit support tickets for any issues that you have found - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

donnybalonny
September 22nd, 2015, 03:05
Gecko65. Thanks a lot for your answer. And you were right. Right clicking is the thing to do

Hi

Is this a bug or me being stupid?

So basically it was me being stupid.:teapot:

Another thing, while testing the autopilot, I tried landing with MAX gross weight on a 350m grass field ( a little over 1000 feet) clear sky, sea level.
Absolutely no problem, and taking of with max gross weight with no flaps was also possible within the runway length. It was easy stuff

I restarted the sim, Chosed the A2A C172 same airfield, same weather, max gross weight. It needed slightly more runway length for takeoff, the stall horn sounded when lifting off, but it didnt stall. Landing just above stall speed and with full flaps (thats slow) required a little less, but almost the same runway length. It was a lot more complicated than the Electra.

Does anyone find that to be realistic?

flibinite
September 22nd, 2015, 16:32
[QUOTE=donnybalonny;981769

Does anyone find that to be realistic?[/QUOTE]

No way this bird requires less runway than a C172

bazzar
September 22nd, 2015, 17:38
FYI

A Cessna 172 at sea level on short grass field requires 2471 feet.
A Lockheed Electra Model 10 in similar conditions requires 2100 feet.

I suggest a little research is a good thing.

Thankyou

:engel016:

heywooood
September 22nd, 2015, 20:30
yeah - I would expect the power of two big radials would help pull the Model 10 into the air a bit quicker than the Cessna's wee single popper , even with the weight difference

bazzar
September 22nd, 2015, 21:44
A lot of people don't and didn't realise that the Electra is a very powerful aeroplane.Torque is king. Same in cars.

donnybalonny
September 23rd, 2015, 00:36
Thanks for clearing up things.
I wasnt so surprised by the fact that it needed about the same runway length as the C172 for take-off. I did think about those two big radial on the Electra and the 4 cylinder on the 4 cessna.

The needed runway for landing was what surprised me the most. I found 300 meters (985 feet) to be very short for an Electra at max gross weight.

But if you guys say its realistic, then it must be true.

Last, I didnt state that there was someting wrong with the Electra (please read my post with a pair of clean glasses). I just wondered and asked in order to know. It should be allowed, no?
I couldnt find any runway length specifications for the Electra.

bazzar
September 23rd, 2015, 01:01
Of course it is OK Donnyballony. I believe the correct code for forums like this should be criticism is always welcome, complaints should go directly to the manufacturer or in this case,the publisher via a support ticket. It is the only satisfactory way for the developers to keep track of bugs and customer comment.

We already have most of the issues relating to the JF Electra logged into their special beta testing and upgrade software which we use to create upgrades and patches. If we were to try and monitor every forum out there, there would be no time left to get anything built!:engel016:

Spikehughes
September 23rd, 2015, 16:30
Just had the most marvelous flight - Christchurch to Nelson - cloud front and turbulence (NEXT weather) over Nelson , high mountains all around visibility at times zero.. late afternoon just before dusk - climbed up to 19,000 trimmed in manual then set autopilot - highest mountains around Nelson in the 2-5000 foot range, but just before then there is a 7,000 foot plus range. (Kaikoura Range) up the central East back bone of the South island.
autopilot pitch all over the place, nearly dove right into a mountain crest in order to get down to 8,000 feet some 20 miles from destination..

Bazzar - please crack the whip on the autopilot service pack - wanna fly this thing more !!!