PDA

View Full Version : Advise on Installing the MTO

Gringo6
September 18th, 2015, 10:32
Well, I'm ready to leave the Pacific theater for a while. I've developed an affection for the Gloster Gladiator and want to fly it on some missions.

I've found the campaign "RAF vs. Regia Aeronautica" by Rami which has some Gladiator missions and want to fly them for a while. One thing not mentioned in the installationinstructions was whether or not it required prior installation of Rami's MTO as given inhis 'Rami's MTO installation guide.

Is it possible to only install the campaign according to the instructions for the campaign and not install the MTO first ?

Sure would appreciate some advise on this.

Thanks,

Gringo6

Rami
September 18th, 2015, 10:39
Hi!

On my way to a doctor's appointment, but I will answer in detail this evening.

Rami
September 18th, 2015, 16:41
Gringo6,

To a point, yes. I do use the steps in the MTO scenery guide as a base for all campaign projects, but in the case of that campaign, you only have to go to page 20. Especially in the mountains of Greece and Albania, the LOD 8 mesh provides the elevation and terrain. Sometimes in the missions through the mountains, the hills and mountains can be part of the battle, and can help or hurt you. You will also need the coastlines for the Port of Valona, as well as the Athens araa.

I am working through some of the Mediterranean missions and turning them into auto-installers. Once you get beyond page 20 in the guide, the auto-installer for Pedestal and Mezzagosto installs most of the other difficult scenery packages for you.

I will eventually get do creating auto-installers for those campaigns.

braveheart77521
September 18th, 2015, 17:03
Hey Rami! could your MTO guide be put on an auto-loader? Could it be like the Malta download, with the add to, and objects, inf. veh, info supplied? I really enjoy your auto-loads, and thought this might be an option.

Braverheart

Rami
September 18th, 2015, 17:07
Hey Rami! could your MTO guide be put on an auto-loader? Could it be like the Malta download, with the add to, and objects, inf. veh, info supplied? I really enjoy your auto-loads, and thought this might be an option.

Braverheart

Braveheart,

Just a little unrealistic, when you consider the LOD 7 and LOD 8 mesh alone is roughly 2.5GB, don't you think? :jawdrop:

braveheart77521
September 18th, 2015, 18:40
Braveheart,

Just a little unrealistic, when you consider the LOD 7 and LOD 8 mesh alone is roughly 2.5GB, don't you think? :jawdrop:

Rami

I didn't mean the LOD files. I have them set up to load myself. I'm talking about all the other little scenery and ships and such that take up so much time and effort. even the JHS Countries can be loaded separately. I'm talking about all of Xavierb, wolfi, and the AF scenery and objects. I like what you did with the New MTO ports and how easy it was to change over,

Braveheart (Mack)

Rami
September 19th, 2015, 00:50
Rami

I didn't mean the LOD files. I have them set up to load myself. I'm talking about all the other little scenery and ships and such that take up so much time and effort. even the JHS Countries can be loaded separately. I'm talking about all of Xavierb, wolfi, and the AF scenery and objects. I like what you did with the New MTO ports and how easy it was to change over.

Braveheart (Mack)

Braveheart,

I'm doing that with the campaign packages, I'm not entirely sure what you mean...:dizzy:

Roxane-21
September 19th, 2015, 04:19
Braveheart,

I'm doing that with the campaign packages, I'm not entirely sure what you mean...:dizzy:

I think Braveheart would like to have an auto-installer with all scenery objects, vehicles, ships, etc, but apart from the campaigns. Maybe an auto-installer with all specific sceneries and JHS airfields for each theater of operations would be great as well.
We would only have to download and install Rhumba's LOD mesh files (they are generic for every theaters of operations), then to run a single auto-installer with everything else for ETO, MTO or EFTO.

IMHO, this would be easier (and would save more time and download size) than your current system. Currently, if we want to install your latest PTO or MTO campaigns, we have to virtually download and install everything several times, because everything is included in each single campaign pack.

Rami
September 19th, 2015, 13:56
Roxanne and Braveheart,

I understand where you both are coming from, but this is a classic case of "you can't please everyone."

If we took your path, I would have to go through every single Med campaign to determine, aside from aircraft, what was needed. This alone would probably be three or four packages by itself. While this is logical, thereby assuring you would have everything you need, I'm sure that many would say..."why do I have to download all of this stuff I won't use?"

Also, Achim is still working on some bases in France and North Africa, and combine that with another whole GSL scenery package yet to be released, so every time something new came out, I'd have to take it down and re-post.

Having hyperlinks wasn't exactly the easiest thing either, I know. :adoration:

Fibber
September 20th, 2015, 08:30
Rami;

I, way back. tried to put together a listing from the "read-me's" of all the items that are used in commonality amongst all the different theaters and missions. That way you only have to search out a object needed once. Unfortunately I had it on a drive that failed and all that is lost. There is nothing more fustrating than searching out a obscure item only to find that you had it in the game all along. I know some will immediately say "you should have saved it" but one day you may file something as a object and months later forget and try to file it again or inadvertently file and call it something else (ie; ships at docks or other static things)

Do you know of anyway that a search program could be conducted to search the various read-me's and do what I tried to do manually?

That may be easier than having to make a MEGA download of all the items. Just a reference for what is neeeded in what theater.

Rami
September 20th, 2015, 09:25
Rami;

I, way back. tried to put together a listing from the "read-me's" of all the items that are used in commonality amongst all the different theaters and missions. That way you only have to search out a object needed once. Unfortunately I had it on a drive that failed and all that is lost. There is nothing more fustrating than searching out a obscure item only to find that you had it in the game all along. I know some will immediately say "you should have saved it" but one day you may file something as a object and months later forget and try to file it again or inadvertently file and call it something else (ie; ships at docks or other static things)

Do you know of anyway that a search program could be conducted to search the various read-me's and do what I tried to do manually?

That may be easier than having to make a MEGA download of all the items. Just a reference for what is neeeded in what theater.

Fibber,

What I could do is make a list once the auto-installers are completed for each theatre. I'm not sure whether many have noticed, but I include the list that is generated by the auto-installer program. So what you're suggesting could be done by matching the object, ship, weapon, plane, or other item with the auto-installer.

braveheart77521
September 20th, 2015, 10:59
RAMI

First, I am not criticizing your campaign auto-installer packages in any way. I like the way they are set up and every thing is broken down. I am thoroughly enjoying your Malta packages.

I recently lost a hard drive with an older MTO auto-installer (By someone else). Unlike you, there were five pages of downloads from you MTO Guide. As I was downloading Wolfi's CFS3 Objects Part 1-7 for the millionth time, I thought why can't these be clustered like Rami's Packages. Then there was all of XavierB's objects, and the AF objects.

I may have used the term auto-loader too loosely. Is there a way to cluster these by theater? Maybe in a download or would it be too large? This would be helpful in reloading older packages.

I do not want to lay this all on you, but you are doing a great job with your new auto-installer packages. I have set up my own cluster for the LOD mesh set-up. Can I do this for say Wolfi and XavierB's objects?

Braveheart (Mack)

Rami
September 20th, 2015, 11:36
Braveheart,

I've asked them about this before, but their basic position is to leave them alone. i can understand their point, it's their rodeo, and they can run it how they want. We met in the middle by getting permission from them to allow me to consolidate their work when I include it in the auto-installers.

You're primary targets in a situation like this would be Wolfi, Xavierb, and Pen32Win.

I didn't take it as a criticism, not to worry.