PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Quest Kodiak and Default Caravan

Ned
September 16th, 2015, 19:13
I just bought the Quest Kodiak and find that the red knobbed “Condition Lever” does not work. Neither does it work in the default Cessna Caravan. Aside from the “condition lever,” everything else seems to work normally in both aircraft. I have the steam edition of FSX. Anyone know why this might be?

CodyValkyrie
September 16th, 2015, 19:18
First guess? Turn auto-mixture off in your realism settings.

jandmbear
September 16th, 2015, 23:15
What he ^^^^said

Ned
September 20th, 2015, 20:38
Thank you for your reaction. Can't find anything relevant in the manual. Automixture is not checked. The Ctrl+Shift+F2 (increase slowly), Ctrl+Shift+F3 (decrease slowly) operate the mixture control not the condition lever. The mouse does not move the condition control. Any more ideas?

thefrog
September 20th, 2015, 23:11
There isn't a mixture control in a turboprop. The right hand red lever is the condition lever and operates with the default FSX mixture control keys. If the mixture lever works in your piston aircraft it will work on the Caravan as the condition lever. The left hand red lever on the Caravan is non-functioning AFAIK.

expat
September 21st, 2015, 01:25
As folks know, FS does not model turbo props very well. Better attempts, at least on the PT-6, e.g. Aeroworx B200 and ReaAir Turbine Duke, have a throttle, pitch rpm and condition lever. The condition lever has a high idle, low idle and fuel cut off setting. Most flight ops can be done with the lever set at low idle but you can use the high idle for better thrust reverse landing. That's been my understanding.

Ned
September 21st, 2015, 19:40
Thefrog and expat,

Thank you for your responses. I didn't realize that a turboprop does not have a mixture control. The information that the "mixture control" is actually the condition lever solves my problem. The arrangement in the Quest Kodiak is confusing with a condition lever that doesn't work and the right hand red lever that is actually the condition lever. Thank you both for your help.

Ned