PDA

View Full Version : Darlington

Panther_99FS
September 6th, 2015, 20:07
What a treat!
I don't even know where to begin.....Seeing & Hearing Squires and Ned was great along with the 1970s suits of the regular broadcast crew! :biggrin-new: Great seeing the Wood Brothers out there too!

Nice to see Carl win a race with a "back in the drivers" hand package that he so strongly advocated for! :jump:

Tough luck for Brad who was dominant for the whole race for sure and drove the wheels off the #2 car - but it's a team sport.

I agree with Carl, let's see this low grip aero package for the rest of the season!

Terry
September 7th, 2015, 04:40
Ditto! :ernaehrung004:

PRB
September 7th, 2015, 05:00
Yep, that was cool. Really enjoyed Squire and the Jarretts calling the race. I assumed NBC would let them do that for only a couple laps, but it went on for some time!

stansdds
September 7th, 2015, 05:16
All in all, it was a really good race. If I could have changed one thing it would have been an earlier start time. I'm so programmed that it is difficult for me to stay awake much past 10PM Eastern.

Panther_99FS
September 7th, 2015, 10:26
Let's not forget the 1970s NBC sound and logo too! :biggrin-new:
And upon further review, after listening to the post-race show, I agree with Kyle Petty and Dale Jarrett - The Chase should be executed with the 2015 rules...this new package gives us something to look forward to for 2016. :mixed-smiley-010:

stansdds
September 8th, 2015, 01:57
I doubt Brian France is going to agree to bring the playoff system to an end, he's trying to make NASCAR the same as other sports. I cannot say that I am a fan of the current system. I think that driver and team consistency should be rewarded, not eliminated by one or two bad races at the end of the season.

Terry
September 8th, 2015, 03:50
Every race broadcast from NBCSN was in widescreen (letterbox) format with excellent sound. However every race they sent to be broadcast from local affiliates was sent out to the public in the square pan and scan format, and the sound from the track and pit reporters was severely muted while the race booth sound was okay. Is this just my affiliate in Phoenix or did all of you experience the same thing?

Panther_99FS
September 8th, 2015, 17:18
I think I was in wide here...

stansdds
September 9th, 2015, 02:05
Two formats here, standard and wide. Standard on channel 12, which is also available over the airwaves, wide screen on 212, the digital cable signal.

One thing I don't like is all the commercials. Geez!