PDA

View Full Version : Razbam Corsair or Prowler?

odourboy
September 6th, 2015, 14:37
Thinking about taking advantage of the Labor Day weekend sale and grabbing one of these. Advice on which is the most fun to fly and has the nicest VC (and which version, since Razbam offers several variations) would be appreciated! :very_drunk:

Sundog
September 6th, 2015, 14:40
Go for what you like the most. I have all of the Corsairs and they're a lot of fun to fly, for me anyway.

Navy Chief
September 6th, 2015, 15:18
I have to echo Sundog's comment; go with what you like most. I have both aircraft, but have to say my favorite is the Corsair II because I worked on them. It's a nostalgia thing..:encouragement:NC

WarHorse47
September 6th, 2015, 18:21
It's been awhile since I flew my Prowler, so I'm not sure if my comparison is accurate but I tend to favor the Corsair II because with the latest version you can select and release the armament. The Prowler on the other hand is an older model design so therefore has different models for each loadout.

expat
September 6th, 2015, 22:43
Have both. Both stay in the Hangar.

strykerpsg
September 7th, 2015, 03:02
There is also a pending TAC Pack bundle that includes all but the 2 seater, I believe. I bought the pre-release upgrade but it's been posted on their FB as being on short final to launch. I also have both products and quickly hangared the Prowler as it is indeed dated and has little functionality. The Corsairs are pretty decent rigs, but I've stopped flying awaiting the upgrade. If you're only interested in a particular variant, the sale may be worthwhile, however, if you desire TAC Pack and multiple variants upgraded, you may want to wait out the sale. Just my .02.

DaveB
September 7th, 2015, 03:09
Have both. Both stay in the Hangar.

That pretty much sums me up too. Neither are currently installed.
ATB
DaveB:)

odourboy
September 7th, 2015, 04:45
Appreciate the candor guys. I think I'll let this one slide for now and revisit it when the tacpack version is generally released.

delta_lima
September 7th, 2015, 06:17
Have both. Excellent and very enjoyable.

As mentioned, the '6 is an older model, the '7 is much more fully featured.

I fly the '7 a fair bit more out of the two, but am glad I have them both.

DL.

DaveB
September 7th, 2015, 06:43
It's a nice model to look at for sure. The guys here did a lot of work honing the FD too which, when I can find the definitive update.. I may use it more. If you really want one and the price is right (I think it's 50% off at present).. then give it a shot.
There's something about the reflector sight I don't care for (if I remember right). The reflections off/on it are such that it makes trapping (already not particularly easy in the Corsair unless you're on the numbers) even more difficult. Rule 1.. you HAVE to be able to see the carrier!!

As a plus.. there are a LOT of repaints for it here of a very high standard. Even though it's far from being a favourite (hence it not being installed) I'm glad I have it. Bought it in a sale too which offset any disappointment;)

ATB
DaveB;)

hae5904
September 7th, 2015, 08:35
Some new liveries to be included (of the TacPack A-7 package) are shown in the P3D2 screenshot thread.......

Hank