PDA

View Full Version : "Snookerin' Scott" Dixon Is The 2015 IndyCar Series Champion

Panther_99FS
August 30th, 2015, 15:19
#4 for Scott.....
While all the talk was about Graham & Montoya, both of them had on-track incidents that pretty much ruined their championship hopes.

Heartbreaker for Josef Newgarden...

PRB
August 31st, 2015, 03:01
JPM's pre-race interview came back to haunt him. He said, a bit flippantly, as is his way, "look, all we have to do to win the championship is not get into any serious trouble." Or something to that effect [oops...] Then there was Will Power's post race comments about the championship being a lottery, something that Indy Racing had to "fix". A lottery? You had all season to build up your point lead. If you want to see a championship won by lottery, you have to go to NASCAR... :)

Roxane-21
August 31st, 2015, 12:16
Not a real "lottery", but that's why I hate double-point events, specifically when the closing event is one of them...

Panther_99FS
August 31st, 2015, 16:25
Not a real "lottery", but that's why I hate double-point events, specifically when the closing event is one of them...

Agreed 100% - I also don't like how F1 also did the "double points" season finale either! :banghead:

Panther_99FS
September 1st, 2015, 16:56
Addendum: Scott's one of those guys (along with Dario, Helio, TK, Montoya, & Graham) that have driven the big horsepower IndyCars of days gone by....