PDA

View Full Version : A new rotorcraft "Alouette III" is released on French-VFR

lagaffe
August 30th, 2015, 11:37
Hi,

Squirrel, a young developer of pilote-virtuel.com, friend of mine has just created a Alouette III for FSX/P3D.
It is his first creation but this model is a very good modelisation.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28086&stc=1

The Alouette III is used by the Marine Nationale for more than 50 years. If the number of these rotorcraft which has been used for rescue, anti-submarine missions and as "Pedro" is now reduced: it remains a little more than twenty ones. This shows the great capabilities of this rotorcraft, also very famous in mountains. When this rotorcraft is disappearing for the European continent, you will be able to fly her thanks to a little team : Camille Bachmann, Benoît Dubé, Jean Michel Renaux, Raphaël Grinevald and Bernard Juniot.

This model has been made for FSX Acceleration, but has also been tried for P3D V2 without issue.
The RFN gauge (http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr) version 4.2 is installed by default, but not included in the package.

Thanks for him :applause:

DaveB
August 30th, 2015, 13:02
Thanks for the HU lagaffe:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

Dave Torkington
August 30th, 2015, 13:18
Fabulous work Squirrel! Beautiful modelling and excellent animations and sounds too.

Merci beaucoup :applause:

Link to the download page HERE (http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en)

YoYo
August 30th, 2015, 13:23
Any link? :dizzy:

Ok, I have it:
http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en&dirdnl=no&tconfig=0&id=1

Squirrel's Alouette III

Dave Torkington
August 30th, 2015, 13:29
Oops - crossed over your thread Yoyo sorry!

Dave.

StormILM
August 30th, 2015, 13:44
What a surprise! I remember when I was young (back in the 1970's) I bought both the Fujimi and Heller 1/48 scale Alouette III kits. Cool little helicopter!

flaviossa
August 30th, 2015, 14:07
Strange. it´s crashing my FSX-SE as soon as i hit ctrl+e to start it. FSX immediately closes with no error messages. Yes, i have ths RFN 4.2 gauge installed too.
Tryed another rotor to verify my FSX and it works ok. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/dizzy.gif

Edit: Reinstalled again, all files checked. Same error. Move on!

StormILM
August 30th, 2015, 14:11
Just got done flying it. Looks great, sounds are dead on, handles like a dream. The only thing I noticed that stuck out to me was that the Collective Arm did not move. Still, it's a work of art, a keeper!

ce_zeta
August 30th, 2015, 14:32
Merci Beaucoup Lagaffe.

DaveB
August 30th, 2015, 14:43
Seems we all have very different setups. I find it very nose heavy and control very light so there's lots of 'nodding'. I've quickly thrown the FSHeli Alouette2(Astazou) airfile at it which has calmed it down but at the expense of the sounds! Lovely model though and a definite keeper:encouragement:

http://daveb.cbfsim.org/public/alouette3.jpg

ATB

Tako_Kichi
August 30th, 2015, 14:53
Strange. it´s crashing my FSX-SE as soon as i hit ctrl+e to start it. FSX immediately closes with no error messages. Yes, i have ths RFN 4.2 gauge installed too.
Tryed another rotor to verify my FSX and it works ok. :dizzy:

Edit: Reinstalled again, all files checked. Same error. Move on!

I just tried it in FSX-SE and it appears to work fine although I will agree with DaveB and it is a bit 'noddy' and very light on the controls. I also appear to be missing some textures as I have white bodies to the Rad Alt gauge and radios in the center panel but I did only check the first variant in the aircraft selection window so maybe the others might be OK.

flaviossa
August 30th, 2015, 15:22
Yes, I believe it´s working ok for you guys. I´m just surprise that it´s not working for me. My FSX-SE is clean at the moment and everything seems to be working just fine.
I tested my system with the other plane from them, the Etendard and tried others that use the rfn gauge like the Fouga Zephyr, tried the mirage iiic and they all work ok. So i´m without a clue of what´s happening.

Maybe later this week, with more time, i´ll do a investigative work to see where is my problem. Thanks.

SeanTK
August 30th, 2015, 18:30
I also appear to be missing some textures as I have white bodies to the Rad Alt gauge and radios in the center panel but I did only check the first variant in the aircraft selection window so maybe the others might be OK.

I noticed this too and looked at the texture files. It looks like they are in fact textured in a very light grey texture, which does make things look untextured since the surrounding instruments are black. I suppose they are textured to represent perhaps an after-market add-in or something. I may try to go in in the coming days and attempt to retexture those components to match their surroundings, but maybe a more talented individual will beat me to it.

The texture file I am referencing is located in the aircraft's "texture" folder (where all of the common/universal textures for this helicopter are), and is filename "panel03.dds".

Beyond that, the helicopter is great!

lagaffe
August 30th, 2015, 23:28
Thanks for the HU lagaffe:encouragement:

ATB

Compliments are not for me but for my friend: Squirrel !

Cheers,
Didier

YoYo
August 31st, 2015, 01:04
No user screenies?

falcon409
August 31st, 2015, 07:54
Beautiful model inside and out, but better outside. I have been redoing the gauge faces completely. . .some too light in color and most too fuzzy for my taste. Everything on texture sheet "panel01" has been redrawn. Over the next few days I'll finish the other two. As with so many freeware models, the pilot is lacking. If he were real I would imagine him to weigh about 150 and be 7' 6". As for the handling. . .probably the easiest Heli I've ever flown. Effortless control. . .none of the "nodding" that others noted previously. . .just a joy to fly. Took it from Aviano AB up into the mountains and did some valley flying. Overall a wonderful job and nice to see that the Chopper was dedicated to Benoit Dube!

spatialpro
August 31st, 2015, 08:41
This is my favorite freeware helicopter in a looooong time! :biggrin-new:

I find she flies very well indeed. Very well balanced. Very light and easy to fly... almost effortless in fact. Easy to hover-taxi. It is sheer joy at the controls! :applause:

I also like both the interior and exterior models. I LOVE flying it in P3D, with all the shadows cast from the framework giving a real sense of movement and immersion. I especially like the modeled shape of the grip on the cyclic... something often overlooked in freeware releases, and some payware too!

I think the sounds, and their subtle change according the flight regime, are brilliant! :applause:

Personally I wouldn't change a lot, except for adding 1) imperfections (a little dirt and tiny scratches); and 2) very subtle reflections to the plexiglass to add further to the immersion. This model is also CRYING OUT for a PAINT KIT! :jump:

dvj
August 31st, 2015, 09:00
No user screenies?

Quick snap.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/09/01/hb.jpg

fuzz1
August 31st, 2015, 12:29
Interesting craft indeed. Very grateful to the creators for giving this bird life and making it available for us.
I am particularly enjoying the rotor animations...very nice.

One thing though, for me the high-pitched engine 'whine' is very uncomfortable for my ears; it virtually drowns out all the
other engine and rotor sounds and feels like a mosquito in my ears. Realistic or not, I wish there was some way of toning down this particular sound element. At first I though it was some sort of alarm that I accidently triggered but I really don't think so. The whine
appears superimposed on other engine sounds based on a few .wav files that I opened for investigation.

YoYo
August 31st, 2015, 12:35
Ugly bird. My photos from 1,5 month ago:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m8w5JPtB5kU/Va4Q7D9jFkI/AAAAAAAA1c0/kNNtzZ2Au0s/s1600-Ic42/DSC_0581.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lnjxo26O9gs/Va4Q57UJP4I/AAAAAAAA1cs/jZLbZ_-FGXk/s1024-Ic42/DSC_0580.JPG

menef
September 1st, 2015, 02:40
Even if I'm not a big helicopters fan, this is the first time I manage to fly an helicopter in FSX without problems ( I mean the flight model ). Also VERY NICE external/VC model. Thank you :applause:

DaveB
September 1st, 2015, 04:17
Ugly bird. My photos from 1,5 month ago:

Yes indeed.. very much function over form. The Alouette II is (IMHO) much much prettier. I think it remains my favourite helicopter;)
ATB

spatialpro
September 1st, 2015, 08:10
The Alouette II is (IMHO) much much prettier

Defo agree with that Dave, the Alouette II was lovely :love_heart:

falcon409
September 1st, 2015, 09:49
As I mentioned above, I've been reworking the VC panel and gauges. This is the result thus far:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Alouette_III-2015-sep-1-001.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Alouette_III-2015-sep-1-004.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Alouette_III-2015-sep-1-003.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Alouette_III-2015-sep-1-002.jpg

One thing I don't like and it's not something that can be corrected and it's personal preference. . .the glare from the nav lights casts a hue on the interior that changes the colors. Don't care for that, sorry. As for the jet whine, it is annoying but after a time I found I can block it out. . .also the beep, beep, beep when rpm reaches a certain point. . .gone. . .I don't need that droning in my ear. . . .I'll fly it as fast and as far beyond limits as I care to so I don't need that in my ear along with the "whine".

Great Heli! lol

rdaniell
September 1st, 2015, 10:01
Hi Falcon409,

Those textures look really :applause: great. I hope you plan to upload them :running:here at the Outhouse. I'm confident that I'm not the only person who would greatly appreciate them. :encouragement:

RD

Dutcheeseblend
September 1st, 2015, 10:05
Looks very nice!

DaveB
September 1st, 2015, 10:09
Nice clear textures Ed;)

Having looked at the aircraft.cfg, the nav lights appear to be referenced from there so it should be a simple matter of swapping them for something less visible.

On the Alouette II.. you don't get an audible warning you're overstressing the engine. Instead.. you start falling out of the sky!!:biggrin-new:
ATB

Dutcheeseblend
September 1st, 2015, 11:06
Ok, short review :D

Nice looking addon! Because we have the AIII in the Dutch Airforce, I like this bird very much and it might be my favourite heli addon (didn't get fully satisfied with other helos I own).

The model is nice, somehow I expect the creator of the addon is a native modeler. The model is very nice. There are a lot of parts on an AIII, and the author replicated them in a convincing way. This applies also to the rotorhead, which is modelled very well and the swashplate is animated. Engine is done very well.
Looking at her from the front, disappoints me a bit. I think the model isn't smooth enough there. The 'exterior interior' (cockpit from the outside) is disappointing as well. At least, the developer could have made the textures a bit more vivid. For example, in the VC three coloured elastic straps at the back wall (we call such a thing a 'spin' in Dutch, spider), while the are totally absent in the exterior model. They could have been added as a texture, which is good enough already.

All doors can be opened, nice! Rotorhub, tailrotor and engine modelling is very good!

What I miss is the surface treatment. There are a few apparent bulbs on the outer surface of the real thing, that are just represented as texture here. Bump maps could have been added as well, these are pretty simple to add and increase the overall look in an astonishing amount IMHO. Panel lines are done with two tones, to give them some depth, but rivets aren't. I miss that.

Several features could be switched on and off with the Shift+4 menu, that's very nice, I like that!

Interior: same applies as for exterior. Good modelling, a bit too less detail at some places though. And the textures are a bit plain. Gauges are 3D, which means it's a winner for me. Most gauges have some kind of knob, these are functional as well.

The sound is nice, but I conclude they are completely controlled by the sound gauge of Douglas Dawson. IMHO, this isn't needed for normal sounds, which can be controlled by FSX itself. Only extra sounds need to be done with the sound gauge, that's my preference at least. You can observe there's no difference in sound when in Tower view or in Spot view. There is a difference between interior and exterior sound by the way.
Knobs also feature sound, I like that.
Cockpit textures are in French, which isn't a problem really, but the Tooltip labels are also in French which isn't very nice.

I don't know really about the flight model. It isn't very easy to fly this helo, but still easy enough. There's not very much power, I discovered.

I want to conclude by saying that it's a very nice addon and I recommend everyone to give it a try. Will be used by myself frequently.
+1 for Squirrel! If you read this Squirrel, I advice you to think about some improvements yet. A v2 could really make a winner! Anyway, thanks a lot for this one!

Daan

menef
September 1st, 2015, 12:28
One more time THANK YOU :-)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28263&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28264&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28265&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28266&stc=1

SeanTK
September 1st, 2015, 13:11
Here's another vote hoping that Falcon409 will make those interior textures publicly available. They look great!

falcon409
September 1st, 2015, 18:45
I had planned to do some additional work but discovered that with one or two exceptions, the gauges are part of the mdl file and can't be adjusted at all. One of the improvements I planned would have required a slight readjustment of some of the gauges, but that's not possible so I'll put what I have in a zip and post it here tomorrow,

b52bob
September 1st, 2015, 23:36
This is nice one. Helicopters are difficult to fly but easy to crash, at least for me.

thanks to all who have made this thing.

gastonj
September 2nd, 2015, 00:47
Hi,

Ok, short review :D

Cockpit textures are in French, which isn't a problem really, but the Tooltip labels are also in French which isn't very nice.

Daan

Do you know that in France we are proud enough to speak French ? lol

JMC

beercan
September 2nd, 2015, 00:54
Hi,

JMC

Bien vu Gaston!

Dutcheeseblend
September 2nd, 2015, 02:39
Hi,

JMC

Yes, I know :D Well, I'm proud of speaking Dutch, so proud enough to put Dutch gauges in my Fokker cockpits. Labelling though is done in English, to keep it understandable for the end user.

;)

falcon409
September 2nd, 2015, 04:13
. . . . .Cockpit textures are in French, which isn't a problem really, but the Tooltip labels are also in French which isn't very nice. . . . . .Daan
I'm working on this one. . .at least for the cockpit labels. I'm doing an English text version as well which I'll release by the weekend, just have to find time to get it completed.

dvj
September 2nd, 2015, 06:32
Can anyone advise which file to delete to eliminate the turbine whine? I deleted the entire sound folder and the whine persists.

Quelqu'un peut-il conseiller le fichier à supprimer pour éliminer le sifflement de turbine ? Je supprimé le dossier de son entier et le sifflement persiste.

;-)

falcon409
September 2nd, 2015, 06:40
I believe most of the sounds come from the main "sound" folder in FSX inside the folder "dsd". Check there. Listen to the following series of "wav" files (sa316_son33500). The whine seems to be most prevalent in those files.

falcon409
September 2nd, 2015, 07:54
A bit of experimentation has proved fruitless, lol

I tried renaming those four wav files and then restarting the sim. I noticed two things. . .well actually three. 1) when you rename any of those wav files you get a pop-up on startup that says it can't find the wav file. So you have to click your way through 4 of those. Once in the sim comes #2) the exterior sounds don't seem to have been affected much. . .maybe a bit but the "whine" is still there just not as loud (I don't think). 3) the interior sounds are gone, at least on my one attempt they were.

My take on the sounds is that I'm not gonna mess with them. It seems that once I did, if I loaded a saved flight with the Alouette III, I had to load another airplane once the sim started and then reload the Heli to get the sounds back. I haven't been able to load the Heli once since I renamed one of the sound files and have it load with the sounds running as they should which for me is a PITA and not worth the trouble.

Dutcheeseblend
September 2nd, 2015, 09:06
Falcon, you might need to find out about the sound gauge of Douglas Dawson. Simply disabling the thing in the panel.cfg will disable all the sounds it plays. In some .ini file, the filepaths and filenames are defined.
It's very interesting that the developer used this gauge as main sound drive. I wonder what his arguments were.

falcon409
September 2nd, 2015, 09:48
Falcon, you might need to find out about the sound gauge of Douglas Dawson. Simply disabling the thing in the panel.cfg will disable all the sounds it plays. In some .ini file, the filepaths and filenames are defined.
It's very interesting that the developer used this gauge as main sound drive. I wonder what his arguments were.
It doesn't bother me enough to mess with it really. I took a stab at altering/renaming a few files to see the results as mentioned in my previous posts, but I was just trying to help "dvj".

DaveB
September 2nd, 2015, 10:24

I wondered that. DD's gauge is usually used for unusual sounds like switches, fire horns, wipers e t c.. not for main engines.
ATB

dvj
September 2nd, 2015, 13:32
It doesn't bother me enough to mess with it really. I took a stab at altering/renaming a few files to see the results as mentioned in my previous posts, but I was just trying to help "dvj".

And a big thank you for looking into this. I'm back to pressing the "Q" key and enjoying some music while flying the Alouette III.

-d

TuFun
September 2nd, 2015, 21:27
And a big thank you for looking into this. I'm back to pressing the "Q" key and enjoying some music while flying the Alouette III.

-d

Replace these two sounds in FSX\sound\dsd folder with these. Much better to the ears.

fuzz1
September 3rd, 2015, 08:50
Replace these two sounds in FSX\sound\dsd folder with these. Much better to the ears.

Works good! Thanks Tufun.

falcon409
September 3rd, 2015, 11:26
Here are the textures for the VC. I am still doing the label translations. . .hopefully that will be complete in a few days.

Tako_Kichi
September 3rd, 2015, 11:34

Thanks for that TuFun. :applause:

Tako_Kichi
September 3rd, 2015, 11:42
Here are the textures for the VC. I am still doing the label translations. . .hopefully that will be complete in a few days.

Looks good Ed.

:ernaehrung004:

manfredc3
September 3rd, 2015, 21:54
Here someone else who would appreciate those VC textures

Duh, after posting this I saw that the VC textures were made available:banghead:

big-mike
September 4th, 2015, 07:02
Need some help please.
I have no sound and get this constant error

LWF-FileOpenFailed
./Sound/dsd/sa316_sonclick3.wav

Mike

falcon409
September 4th, 2015, 07:36
Need some help please.
I have no sound and get this constant error

LWF-FileOpenFailed
./Sound/dsd/sa316_sonclick3.wav

Mike
Hmmmm, Mike is the dsd folder inside the main FSX "sound" folder? If so, check to see if that file is there. . .possible it got missed when you moved the folder over to FSX?

big-mike
September 4th, 2015, 07:53
Yes---it is there,Ed.
Mike

ZIPPER010
September 5th, 2015, 08:55
Anyone willing to do this repaint?

http://www.helis.com/database/cn/1525/

VinFlyer
September 5th, 2015, 14:25
Anyone willing to do this repaint?

Already on my list :-)
I've been waiting so long for a great model of the All III to be done for FSX and now also P3D. Fsheli had one in the works for a long time but that one never came out. So I'm happy to see this one, and freeware as well. Can't wait to start doing some Dutch liveries for this model.

ZIPPER010
September 5th, 2015, 20:43
Already on my list :-)
I've been waiting so long for a great model of the All III to be done for FSX and now also P3D. Fsheli had one in the works for a long time but that one never came out. So I'm happy to see this one, and freeware as well. Can't wait to start doing some Dutch liveries for this model.

The best man for the job!

Bedankt Vincent

JensOle
September 6th, 2015, 01:36
Great model!

Now we just need a South African/Rhodesian 20mm/303 gunship Alouette :-)

aeronca1
September 6th, 2015, 05:25
Great model!

Now we just need a South African/Rhodesian 20mm/303 gunship Alouette :-)

+1! Would love to see a Rhodie!

Penz
September 6th, 2015, 09:12
Wonderful helicopter, merci beaucoup Squirrel and the rest of the team! :)

It's probably too rare to be taken into consideration, but personally I'd love to see a floats version, like this one:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:RDN_Alouette_III.jpg

beercat
September 6th, 2015, 14:16

Hello !
I am Jean Michel, the author of the sounds of the Alouette III. I'm going to try to explain you my choice of the DSD gauge to manage sounds engine.
We wanted to restore, at best, all the systems of the real Alouette III. The started of the engine until its speed of functioning is rather long (approximately 90 seconds) and in two distinct phases: 0-18000 rpm, first, and 18000-33500 rpm, after the opening of the fuel flow lever. The engine stays at the idle power if the lever is not activated.
The other difficulty was to reproduce the procedure: "stop the rotor keeping the engine on" (chapter 3 of the starting procedure, page 11).
Difficult to reproduce this 2 procedure without the DSD gauge !
Furthermore, the constant engine speed during flight played by the DSD gauge would not have been different via the sound.cfg, That's why I managed the majority of sounds by the DSD gauge.

I also wanted to speak about "the problem" of the turbine whine. the Alouette III is a very noisy helicopter.
I invite you to view these two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSdB_fP2jR8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBUXVA37JUU

I understand that it is not very pleasant during a long flight... but it's realistic !

Jean Michel from the fsx Alouette III team.

PS: I hope that my English will not be too bad

beercat
September 6th, 2015, 14:25
Hi all !

I have a good news for the painters ! The paintkit is available now on the RFN website:

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Avions.htm#HelicoEmb

Jean Michel from the FSX Alouette III team

lagaffe
September 7th, 2015, 00:36
Hi all !

I have a good news for the painters ! The paintkit is available now on the RFN website:

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Avions.htm#HelicoEmb

Jean Michel from the FSX Alouette III team

The paintkit is also available on French-VFR website - Repaint for aircrats section:
For English language => http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en&pg=587&tconfig=0

Cheers,
Didier

Dutcheeseblend
September 7th, 2015, 01:19
Thank you Jean Michel (beercat) for this explanation. It makes sense. Integrating the sound with the A/C systems should be done with DSD, I understand.
Great overall job on the helo anyway, looking forward to see more from this developer(s)!

mgr
September 13th, 2015, 10:00
Bluebird repaint in progress...

http://garfield.home.xs4all.nl/pics/a2751.png
http://garfield.home.xs4all.nl/pics/a2752.png
http://garfield.home.xs4all.nl/pics/a2753.png

Repaint in a outside, as much as accurate decals will be included.

Marcel

huub vink
September 13th, 2015, 12:47
Great repaint Marcel :encouragement:.

And below you can see the 247 in the same scheme.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHC93TF7LJ8

siebolt
October 1st, 2015, 09:05
This is a repaint for the Alouette III-SA316B of Camille Bachmann, Benoit Dubé, Jean Michel Renaux, Raphaël Grinevald and Bernard Juniot. with use of the paintkit profided.
More info about this bird you can get at http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/ or http://frenchvfr.free.fr/.

A big thanks to those guys for this wonderful bird and releasing it as freeware.

This is my contribution to a Dutch SAR helicopter in use with the Royal Dutch Air Force between 18-02-1966 and 13-12-2993.
I also translated the panel and cockpit decals, as far as I was able to, into English.

The SAR Alouettes of the Royal Dutch Air Force (KLu) were from 1977 stationed at airbase Leeuwarden. They were also used for flying civilian patients to and from the Wadden isles and the mainland.
H-20, c/n 1320, was named "Wilma" after the tvseries the Flinstones and flew 7135:3 hours between 18-02-1966 and 13-12-2993. She is now on display at the National Military Museum at the former airbase Soesterberg.

Sorry for the delay, something went wrong.

By the way, she is going to be oploaded to FSX-Skins-Helicopters.

John "Siebolt"

siebolt
October 3rd, 2015, 11:31
Sorry for the delay, but something went wrong with the upload.
Thanks to Huub Vink it's now available in the FSX Military Skins - Helicopters

enjoy it.

John "Siebolt"

huub vink
October 3rd, 2015, 11:54
Thanks for this nice repaint! For me it is memory lane as I saw the Rescue Alouettes often when they still trained at the large pond at Ypenburg Airfield.

Cheers,
Huub

siebolt
October 4th, 2015, 07:15
This is a fix for the repaint for the AlouetteKLuSAR.

It fixes the "RESCUE" at the bottom, it was mirrored.

You can also find it in the category FSX skins-helicopters

John "Siebolt" Jansen
jsjansen50@gmail.com

huub vink
October 4th, 2015, 12:35
Thanks for the update John!

mgr
October 5th, 2015, 10:14
John thanks for the repaint, see also the pilot got a repaint! :adoration:

My repaint (see above) is still work in progress, will also be a complete repaint, inside and outside.

Regards,

Marcel

jeansy
March 13th, 2016, 05:37
Can I ask A huge favour,

Im not home and I dont have fsx or p3d installed on my laptop, Ive done a blind paint however I dont know what the finished product looks likes like can I get someone to post a few pics please and look for anything I have missed

Thank you

Daube
March 13th, 2016, 09:27
There you go. It's quite a nice repaint, I have to say :)

http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0151.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0152.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0153.jpg

Daube
March 13th, 2016, 09:28
http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0154.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/p3d/daube_image0155.jpg

Daube
March 13th, 2016, 09:30
Sorry to post this in the FSX section, but is anybody using this copter in P3Dv3.2 ?
I was using it in 3.1 and it was working perfectly.
However, I just made my first flight in 3.2 with it, just to test the repaint. All is fine, excepted a but which makes the doors opening and flicker, just like if I would continuously and quicky click on them. Anybody has that bug ?

jeansy
March 13th, 2016, 12:46
Sorry to post this in the FSX section, but is anybody using this copter in P3Dv3.2 ?
However, I just made my first flight in 3.2 with it, just to test the repaint. All is fine, excepted a but which makes the doors opening and flicker, just like if I would continuously and quicky click on them. Anybody has that bug ?

Firstly thanks for posting the pics, if all goes well at work i might make it home tonight and i can check the doors

gray eagle
March 13th, 2016, 15:39
I would get fsx error messages that is could not find some of the sound files or the sound cfg file that were in the sound/dsd folder so I copied all the dsd sound files to the sound folder under the alouette III and the sounds seem to work Okay.

[QUOTE=beercat;978874]Hello !
I am Jean Michel, the author of the sounds of the Alouette III. I'm going to try to explain you my choice of the DSD gauge to manage sounds engine.
We wanted to restore, at best, all the systems of the real Alouette III. The started of the engine until its speed of functioning is rather long (approximately 90 seconds) and in two distinct phases: 0-18000 rpm, first, and 18000-33500 rpm, after the opening of the fuel flow lever. The engine stays at the idle power if the lever is not activated.
The other difficulty was to reproduce the procedure: "stop the rotor keeping the engine on" (chapter 3 of the starting procedure, page 11).
Difficult to reproduce this 2 procedure without the DSD gauge !
Furthermore, the constant engine speed during flight played by the DSD gauge would not have been different via the sound.cfg, That's why I managed the majority of sounds by the DSD gauge.

gray eagle
March 14th, 2016, 09:22
Panel 5 and 6 do not show; At least for me. Are they functional?

http://s14.postimg.org/i6xg9hc5t/shift_panel.jpg

jeansy
March 15th, 2016, 05:37

Yep in p3d v3.2 I have that door bug as well, the door is trying to open and close on it is own

flaviossa
March 15th, 2016, 06:20
The open/close doors bug can be related to something else: and old FSX bug maybe migrated to p3d that is operating doors near fuel stations. If you´re near a fuel station, the doors won´t open at all and the result effect is that the door appears to be opening and closing all the time without any user imput. You can try operating the doors far from a fuel station and see if the issue goes away. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/encouragement.png

Daube
March 15th, 2016, 07:26
Unfortunately, I was well aware of this old FSX bug and this was the very first thing I checked ;)
Even in the middle of the runway it was still occuring. And even in flight.

PhantomP
March 15th, 2016, 13:32
I had read on pilots-virtual that there was a lighting mod being done for the allouette 3 is this being worked on still?

RaFi
March 29th, 2016, 18:06
I am looking for some advice on repainting this model.

As you can see in the attached pictures, there are white (shiny?) lines visible when viewing the model at certain angles and distances. It is most noticeable around the doors. Just to inform, there are no white lines in that area when I painted it.

Am I missing something or do someone perhaps have a solution for me.

Thanks.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/rafi096/Alo1_zpsacedkpwz.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/rafi096/media/Alo1_zpsacedkpwz.jpg.html)

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/rafi096/Alo2_zpsgyqtuyii.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/rafi096/media/Alo2_zpsgyqtuyii.jpg.html)

jeansy
March 30th, 2016, 03:31
Sorry im away from home to double check however it maybe a very simple fix

Nemeth paintkits are notorious for the same problem

Find the psd that has the doors on it and make the background a dark colour instead of white and try that

RaFi
March 30th, 2016, 14:11
Sorry im away from home to double check however it maybe a very simple fix

Nemeth paintkits are notorious for the same problem

Find the psd that has the doors on it and make the background a dark colour instead of white and try that

Thank you for that info, it solved the problem. Now that I know the answer, it seems so obvious...