PDA

View Full Version : Black Prop Blur in VC Mode

falcon409
August 27th, 2015, 07:19
Anyone know how to correct this? From the external view it's fine but viewing from the VC it's solid black. This is in FSX flying the PAD Twin Turbo "Viking" using the prop blur from the Tigercat (the original version, not Gordon's update). I have used this same prop many times on other airplanes with excellent results.

Bjoern
August 27th, 2015, 09:41
Alpha channel? Wrong texture name?

falcon409
August 27th, 2015, 10:00
Alpha channel? Wrong texture name?
I considered the alpha, but that seems to be fine. The name is correct. I'm swapping it out for a few others that are the proper type. I remember seeing this many years ago, but don't remember what caused it or how/if it was something that could be fixed. Possibly to do with the mdl file?

Milton Shupe
August 27th, 2015, 10:09
I considered the alpha, but that seems to be fine. The name is correct. I'm swapping it out for a few others that are the proper type. I remember seeing this many years ago, but don't remember what caused it or how/if it was something that could be fixed. Possibly to do with the mdl file?

Ed,

If it displays correctly outside, I woul look at the glass texture for the cockpit. Does it have inside VC glass as well, or only exterior model glass.

falcon409
August 27th, 2015, 10:42
Ed,

If it displays correctly outside, I would look at the glass texture for the cockpit. Does it have inside VC glass as well, or only exterior model glass.
That's a very good question Milton. I hadn't thought about that because the interior and exterior glass display correctly. Looking over the texture sheets there isn't a texture specifically marked for glass. Also, after viewing all of the textures in DXTbmp, none of them show an alpha channel that might pinpoint where the glass would be. I may have to go back to Bob May for an answer.

gradyhappyg
August 27th, 2015, 13:34
Which model are you using ver.9 or ver.10?

falcon409
August 27th, 2015, 13:43
You must be thinking of a different model. There is only one version of this airplane.

gradyhappyg
August 27th, 2015, 14:01
So it's not this one or the blue and yellow one? If I remember correctly they did a fix for FSX accel and sp2 that used a different model which was on their fixes page.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27836&stc=1

falcon409
August 27th, 2015, 14:19
Not that one. I have the DHC6-400 Viking Demonstrator (Twin Turbo_Amphib only). There is no fix posted for that airplane. Also, since it appears to be an mdl fix, this airplane (unless Bob May has something saved) will probably not get a fix.

falcon409
August 27th, 2015, 15:25
Bob May answered pretty quickly and says that in the 6 or so years that the airplane has been out, no one has ever mentioned that problem. He thinks that because it can't be seen using the normal views that Jean Pierre just felt it wasn't necessary to code it for transparency in the VC. Good enough for me. . .TrackIR allows you to move around much more though so I'm surprised that no one has noticed it before this.