PDA

View Full Version : Water Texture

kwb737
August 21st, 2015, 09:47
Can anyone steer me in the direction to make the water texture on the ocean look more realistic? Along with the texture light reflection would also be nice if possible. Thanks.

miamieagle
August 21st, 2015, 12:56
There are many texture improvement done to the Ocean texture of CFS2 through the years. Look for them in the Sim-outhouse files.

There are some available in the Simviation old files as well. You can add FS 2000 and 2002 Flight Simulator files plus Flight Simulator 2004. Now as reflection in concern I do not think its possible with this Simulator. You can do a lot of improvement to this Simulator but have to got to remember this is a old Simulator and it has its limitation. This is a great Simulator in spite of its limitations. Enjoy

kwb737
August 21st, 2015, 13:08
There are many texture improvement done to the Ocean texture of CFS2 through the years. Look for them in the Sim-outhouse files.

There are some available in the Simviation old files as well. You can add FS 2000 and 2002 Flight Simulator files plus Flight Simulator 2004. Now as reflection in concern I do not think its possible with this Simulator. You can do a lot of improvement to this Simulator but have to got to remember this is a old Simulator and it has its limitation. This is a great Simulator in spite of its limitations. Enjoy

Thanks miamieagle (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?25652-miamieagle). I already tried all those sites you mentioned but what I tried just didn't give me the look, and improvement I was looking for. Yeah, maybe I'm asking too much from the old gal (CFS2). I'll be happy with what I have. Did however come across a few weeks ago "Replacement Clouds V3.0 Special Edition For Ms Fs2000" at the Simviation site. I swapped my old clouds out for the Ms Fs2000 clouds and all I can say is WOW!!! So realistic!!

Thank you again.