PDA

View Full Version : Vs sbd

Willy
August 17th, 2015, 16:11
I was going to get the Vertigo Studios SBD but the link provided from their site seems to take issue with my credit card. Any other locations where it can be found?

W

Firekitten
August 17th, 2015, 16:13
I got my copy at PC Aviator? Try there :)

rdaniell
August 17th, 2015, 16:40
I was going to get the Vertigo Studios SBD but the link provided from their site seems to take issue with my credit card. Any other locations where it can be found? W

My goodness! Willy, I have just noticed that you have come over to :running: FSX. I finally made the move when I got a new :jump: computer that would handle it.

RD

Willy
August 17th, 2015, 16:59
Yep, my old comp caught a touch of a power surge that the supressor couldn't handle. It still ran unless it was in one of it's moods that developed after. Usually when I needed it the most. Got a brand new iBuyPower gaming rig and after installing FS9 and Golden Wings figured what the heck and got FSX SE. I haven't started up either FS9 or GW in a couple of months now. (They've mostly been being a "junkyard" for bits and pieces for whatever I'm trying to portover at the time)

I am missing the old d-ware SBD though. The Dauntless has been a favorite of mine ever since the first model airplane I built as a kid was a SBD.

Willy
August 17th, 2015, 17:01
I got my copy at PC Aviator? Try there :)

Thanks! I'll look there later tonight.

rdaniell
August 17th, 2015, 17:47
Yeah, there were a few FS9 airplanes that I just hated to give up. Luckily, with a little glass and prop texture mod, my favorites made the trip over to FSX with me and I am still enjoying them. One of them was LilSki's Aeronca Champ series. I owned two of them in real life. LilSki included the paint scheme of my first one in his release. I have to wonder what he's up to this days. He seems to have completely dropped out of the flight sim world.

RD

Cees Donker
August 17th, 2015, 22:29
It's also at PCsimstore. A great addon. Flew it yesterday for the better part of the day. Trapping, taking off, trapping, taking off. Having a great time in FSX!

:wavey:

Cees

Willy
August 18th, 2015, 05:11
Thanks Cees!

Pcsimstore was the one that took issue with my card. PC Aviator was a bit overpriced IMO, but Pcsimstore had it marked down about $10 less. But as the old saying goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat. I have a PayPal account that I rarely use and keep a dollar in it to keep it active. I added my current card to it and used PP to buy it. Got my order confirmation and awaiting the download info.

Willy
August 18th, 2015, 05:19
Yeah, there were a few FS9 airplanes that I just hated to give up. Luckily, with a little glass and prop texture mod, my favorites made the trip over to FSX with me and I am still enjoying them. One of them was LilSki's Aeronca Champ series. I owned two of them in real life. LilSki included the paint scheme of my first one in his release. I have to wonder what he's up to this days. He seems to have completely dropped out of the flight sim world.

RD

Same here. A lot of my favorites work fine in X. Others not so much. If I dig around at the usual sites, I can often find where someone has already done the heavy lifting to port them over to FSX. The AlphaSim P-80 which I've been doing a lot of mucking about with lately is one example. I got the FSX version and started from there.

To me, the "mucking about" with FS has always been as much fun as the flying.

rdaniell
August 18th, 2015, 06:16
..... To me, the "mucking about" with FS has always been as much fun as the flying.

That describes me as well. I probably spend 70 percent of my time "mucking about" with airplanes, sceneries, and objects. The other 30 percent I fly something.

RD

flewpastu
August 18th, 2015, 09:39
I had the same problem with pcsimstore, Like you said they have a better deal on the downloads than the rest of the flight sim stores out here, I been trying to download the stearman vol 2 without success

Bill

Willy
August 18th, 2015, 16:10
They accepted the payment and sent me a download link, but when I click on it, it says it's expired. I'm giving them a chance to make it right for now. We'll see how it works out.

Willy
August 19th, 2015, 12:27
And it's worked out quite well. I was contacted earlier today and they had reset the download for me.

I've been on a couple of test flights, and I now have a new favorite FS aircraft. Now to break out the paint kit and see what I can come up with. I've got a ton of SBD pics saved including color photos taken in close formation at Midway.

StormILM
August 19th, 2015, 14:35
And it's worked out quite well. I was contacted earlier today and they had reset the download for me.

I've been on a couple of test flights, and I now have a new favorite FS aircraft. Now to break out the paint kit and see what I can come up with. I've got a ton of SBD pics saved including color photos taken in close formation at Midway.

Been following this thread. I figured that once you got it, you'd enjoy it. I bought my copy the day it was released and enjoyed flying it ever since.