PDA

View Full Version : WIN10 ERROR! "Bad Pool Caller"

falcon409
August 15th, 2015, 06:33
Anyone know what causes this? Win10 is on it's last legs with me and this caused me to have to restart a Race Leg when I was 5nm from my destination. I am not happy right now. I have my Win7 disc sitting on the desk. . . .just waiting.:mad:

Bone
August 15th, 2015, 07:08
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26510&stc=1

flaviossa
August 15th, 2015, 07:18
Well, besides the load black screen in FSX full screen witch is caused by Windows WDM, i´m yet to see any problem with windows 10. Reading in the internet, Bad Pool Caller has something about BSOD with hardware origin. Maybe something to investigate. Sorry to not have a more efficient answer. Anyway, good luck!

falcon409
August 15th, 2015, 07:19
"Bone". . . .I didn't really need that this morning. I was looking for answers, not comedians. At any rate I've rolled back to Win7.

flaviossa
August 15th, 2015, 07:27
Read in another forum that it might have to do with not up-to-date drivers. There are many specific drivers for win10. Otherwise, the hardware will fail. You alreay verified that?

Dumonceau
August 15th, 2015, 07:33
Read in another forum that it might have to do with not up-to-date drivers. There are many specific drivers for win10. Otherwise, the hardware will fail. You alreay verified that?

Exactly. Probably due to older drivers of sound or graphics. Download the latest drivers and do not let windows update them through windows update.

Johan

Bone
August 15th, 2015, 07:39
"Bone". . . .I didn't really need that this morning. I was looking for answers, not comedians. At any rate I've rolled back to Win7.

ohh-kayy. my apologies

falcon409
August 15th, 2015, 07:46
Exactly. Probably due to older drivers of sound or graphics. Download the latest drivers and do not let windows update them through windows update.
Johan
Back in Win7. Win10 irritated me with a few other things and I lack patience, especially when it interferes with a Race Leg. So it's gone.

gradyhappyg
August 15th, 2015, 08:05
Back in Win7. Win10 irritated me with a few other things and I lack patience, especially when it interferes with a Race Leg. So it's gone.

Same here why have to kill yourself and spend countless hours troubleshooting to get your machine to work with 10 if it was working fine before with 7. I'll give you credit you stuck it out longer than I did, rolled mine back the next day haven't looked back. So for Windows 10 thanks but no thanks.

Jafo
August 15th, 2015, 08:05
Because I'm not silly enough to trust MS to get it right 'out of the box' and put 10 on my prime machine I've so far had it on 3 others....2 of which were upgrades from 7 Ult ....both with FSX Demo on already.
Worked 'mostly' fine on one....fails TOTALLY on the other.

If you haven't found an issue with 10 it will be because you haven't looked closely enough.
You WILL find one....sooner or later....
...or maybe more.
Heck....I have to emigrate just to get Cortana to work....;p

heywooood
August 15th, 2015, 08:27
WinX does seem to have a few issues.

so far it is only installed on my laptop but there are some problems, and it does seem that things take time to present themselves.

One issue now is video streaming and playback of recorded media.

Seems WinX likes to randomly resize the window and or switch from full screen to windowed mode...or dump out all together to the desktop.

Also - the FSX:SE I have loaded on there will stop working or fail to load randomly...its the bare bones FSX Steam ed. with no added files of any kind so re-installing is painless - its only loaded on there
for testing purposes and to check compatibility to WinX so as to make it easy to parse for failures, so the problems can only be related directly to FSX:SE - the drivers - and WinX.

I am NOT putting WinX on my primary PC until it either becomes workable or hell freezes.

I am beginning to believe that the WinX problems are not bugs, but are rather directly related to the various programs and software that Microsoft wants to
SELL to WinX users - programs that will be required in order for us to be able to do the things we could already do with our PC's before, but could do for free...or with programs we purchased from other vendors.
and THATS why WinX was 'free'

Dumonceau
August 15th, 2015, 08:37
Every new operating system comes with a steep learning curve. Never been different.

The two that I know best are XP and 7. Would I go back to either of those? Nope. Because I love to learn.

Moreover: Microsoft made Windows a service, instead of an OS that you buy. We will just have to keep learning.

On the positive side: learning and reading are the best pro-active things you can do against senility. No joke, not even meant to be cynical, but a known scientific fact.

Johan

falcon409
August 15th, 2015, 09:07
Every new operating system comes with a steep learning curve. Never been different.
The two that I know best are XP and 7. Would I go back to either of those? Nope. Because I love to learn.
Moreover: Microsoft made Windows a service, instead of an OS that you buy. We will just have to keep learning.
On the positive side: learning and reading are the best pro-active things you can do against senility. No joke, not even meant to be cynical, but a known scientific fact.

Johan
All good information and I know you mean well, but I don't really care about learning anything else than what I already know. In the beginning, my computer was bought and setup for one thing and one thing only. . .Flight Simulator. I was immersed in all aspects of the Sim, working closely with the folks at Lago in it's prime, running servers for the Lago Flying Club and assisting in the first and only (and very successful) Multiplayer "Tiger Meet". Then on to Netwings to run their monthly hoplists keeping fresh hops updated every month and teaching myself how to produce or upgrade 2D panels, then repainting began and then simply scenery enhancements that eventually culminated in the best work I've done. . ."Old Rhinebeck". Along the way though I started not enjoying the Sim as much as I used to, spending more time doing scenery or retexturing VC's than anything else and when I saw how indifferent many are about scenery unless it has the Orbx tag on it or liveries if it doesn't incorporate bump mapping and highly tuned speculars. . .I quit those as well. I rarely fly anymore as I have to really force myself to load either of the sims I have installed. New stuff doesn't excite me, I've been through all that. Probably 80% of the aircraft I have installed are either old FSX aircraft or FS9 ports that I enjoyed flying and still function in FSX. New stuff is too expensive, with system enhancements that I don't care about and exterior eye candy that's lost on me personally.

So again, I appreciate your perspective. . .you're a good guy. . .most here are. . .so thanks, but I'll stick with Win7 until I have no other option than to go to Win10. . .and that's only if I still own a computer when that happens.

UnknownGuest12
August 15th, 2015, 10:19
Installed, tried (now for a few hours) with FSX and P3D, no problems at all and quite satisfied with overall performance. Will keep Windows 10. Sure it will grow better yet...

Cees Donker
August 15th, 2015, 10:29

Johan

Ah, Johan,

What's your age?

:biggrin-new:

Cees

IanHenry
August 15th, 2015, 10:36
Windows 10 has been a nightmare for me so far. My biggest problem is regarding an external hard drive that I store all my flight sim stuff on. It took 15 minutes to transfer a 24mb folder from it! I've checked to see if there are any updated drivers via Device Manager but it says it's up to date. I've re-installed Windows 10, excluded it from Windows Defender but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any suggestions?
I don't want to give up on 10, but I fear I might have to.

Ian

Dumonceau
August 15th, 2015, 10:47
Ah, Johan,

What's your age?

:biggrin-new:

Cees

10 years younger than you are Cees! But I did say "pro-active"! ;) And given the average age over here, I was trying to do my boy scout good deed for the day! :biggrin-new:

Johan

Dumonceau
August 15th, 2015, 10:52
Windows 10 has been a nightmare for me so far. My biggest problem is regarding an external hard drive that I store all my flight sim stuff on. It took 15 minutes to transfer a 24mb folder from it! I've checked to see if there are any updated drivers via Device Manager but it says it's up to date. I've re-installed Windows 10, excluded it from Windows Defender but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any suggestions?
I don't want to give up on 10, but I fear I might have to.

Ian

Ian,

Did you upgrade or do a clean install? More importantly: Do not let windows control the drivers of your hardware, espcially not the motherboard. Try going over to the site of the manufacturer of the motherboard and install the latest drivers there. That is expecially important for USB controllers.

Also, when you plug in an external drive, even a thumbdrive, Windows will ask you what to do. Don't let it scan or do a repair that isn't asked for. No action is the right answer!

Keep us posted will ya?

Cheers,

Johan

IanHenry
August 15th, 2015, 11:36
Ian,

Did you upgrade or do a clean install? More importantly: Do not let windows control the drivers of your hardware, espcially not the motherboard. Try going over to the site of the manufacturer of the motherboard and install the latest drivers there. That is expecially important for USB controllers.

Also, when you plug in an external drive, even a thumbdrive, Windows will ask you what to do. Don't let it scan or do a repair that isn't asked for. No action is the right answer!

Keep us posted will ya?

Cheers,

Johan

Thanks Johan, I'll give that a try.

Ian

IanHenry
August 15th, 2015, 12:20
Johan,
I've tried to download the drivers for my motherboard from the MSI site, but the only one that's listed for Windows 10 is for the on-board sound.
I've tried a clean install from a disk, but when I've used the product key that I copied from my system there's one "block" of digits missing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ian

ncooper
August 15th, 2015, 12:28
You shouldn't need a product key if you are reinstalling into the same hardware.
Nick.

AussieMan
August 15th, 2015, 14:52
I have been using Windows10 for about 15 months now. Right from the first available Technical Preview. So far everything has worked fine, but then I am not one to go into overclocking or any other things that try to make a computer do more than what it was designed to do. FSX and P3D work fine with no error messages. Even MSTS and Open Rails work on my 64 bit system when people said they would not work.

Jafo
August 15th, 2015, 17:01
I have been using Windows10 for about 15 months now. Right from the first available Technical Preview. So far everything has worked fine, but then I am not one to go into overclocking or any other things that try to make a computer do more than what it was designed to do. FSX and P3D work fine with no error messages. Even MSTS and Open Rails work on my 64 bit system when people said they would not work.
Yep, the exception that proves the rule...;)

What you need to do now is grab a few more computers...maybe some with 7...others with 8 ...and upgrade them to 10....and get back to us re the success rates and 'no error messages'....;)
I can guarantee you will have failures....if ANY form of exotica is to be installed. Eg. Sysmetrix doesn't display it's gauge needles [probably because they are trans png files].

Dumonceau
August 15th, 2015, 22:17
Johan,
I've tried to download the drivers for my motherboard from the MSI site, but the only one that's listed for Windows 10 is for the on-board sound.
I've tried a clean install from a disk, but when I've used the product key that I copied from my system there's one "block" of digits missing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ian

Hold on, you don't have the full installation key for windows 7 anymore? Am I understanding this correctly? What version of Win7 are you installing?

Cheers,

Johan

IanHenry
August 17th, 2015, 04:20
Hold on, you don't have the full installation key for windows 7 anymore? Am I understanding this correctly? What version of Win7 are you installing?

Cheers,

Johan

Johan, I've tried to PM you, but apparently you don't receive PM's. Yes I do have installation key's for Windows 7. It's Windows 10 that I don't have a usable key for. I tried using the key from my upgrade version of it to perform a format and clean install via a disk that I'd made, but that didn't work, it was short by 5 digits.

I've run troubleshooter in Windows 10 and it seems that the drivers didn't install correctly from Microsoft. It's an Hitachi external hard drive that I'm having problems with and they don't supply drivers, so it's looking like I may have to buy an external hard drive that's compatible with Windows 10.

Ian

Bjoern
August 17th, 2015, 05:01
If you're still on Win 10, use ProduKey to find the key.
Write it down and you can use it for a clean W10 installation from disk.

(Also, check Johan's member status...)