PDA

View Full Version : Airshow Tomorrow

Willy
August 7th, 2015, 08:05
There's an airshow tomorrow afternoon in Halls TN.

http://www.dyaab.us/Air_Show_2015.html

I'm going and hopefully it'll be a great afternoon. I'll try to get some pics.

Willy
August 8th, 2015, 16:34
Had a great time at the airshow with Mrs Willy, her mom and our grandson (treat for doing great in school).

The only thing I didn't like about it was I didn't get but about 10 minutes out on ramp to take pictures and they started telling everyone we had to leave the ramp so they could get the aircraft ready for the show. I had got a couple of shots of a TBM and was wanting to work my way to the Twin Beeches and the movie "Memphis Belle" B-17, but there just wasn't time in 10 minutes.

Mrs Willy got a bunch of pics of the show on her camera, but the screen on my iphone was washing out in the bright sunlight so it was a wasted cause to get any in flight pictures on my part.

I'll say one thing for sure. That Younkin guy can fly the hell out of a Beech 18.

PRB
August 8th, 2015, 17:03
The -18 I saw flying over my house yesterday was headed north, so maybe this isn't it. In any case, a pretty airplane.

Moses03
August 8th, 2015, 17:31
Good to see you made it out there.:encouragement:

stansdds
August 9th, 2015, 04:18
Glad that you got to go. I actually prefer to go to airshows alone. I like to get there as soon as the gate is open so that I can walk the ramp, take photos, maybe talk with pilots, enjoy the show, then stay until I'm told I have to leave. My wife, on the other hand, wants to get there just in time to set up camping chairs and watch the aerial show, then leave as soon as it is over. :banghead:

Daveroo
August 9th, 2015, 08:20
Glad that you got to go. I actually prefer to go to airshows alone. I like to get there as soon as the gate is open so that I can walk the ramp, take photos, maybe talk with pilots, enjoy the show, then stay until I'm told I have to leave. My wife, on the other hand, wants to get there just in time to set up camping chairs and watch the aerial show, then leave as soon as it is over. :banghead:

yup leave 'er 'ome...take me..im not much trouble,but you may have to push my wheelchair........................:adoration: