PDA

View Full Version : FSX problems redux

SSI01
August 6th, 2015, 07:25
This is getting to the point of being wearying, so say the least, since it happens with no warning whatsoever and despite the system being up to snuff.

After about a 5-hour flight last night in FSX with HJG's DC-10-10 variant, with an FSX-compatible panel and sounds, I got a CTD while on downwind. I'm not sure what's happening, there have been many flights of the same length in FSX with no problems. I suspect the aircraft textures, since they result in a CTD in FS9 after the aircraft is selected and configured, weather is chosen and loaded, and while scenery is loading. Same thing (CTD) happened in FSX only the sim lasted a little longer before it happened. I'm going to transfer the entire FS9 installation for all of HJG's DC-10s over to FSX and fly them there (textures and everything else re: this aircraft is very well done and it's a delight to fly), but I'd like to get any sensitivity issues re: these HJG textures ironed out before I start that in earnest. There was another issue in FS9 re: this aircraft I won't go into here, but will post on that side. Load any other aircraft in FSX and fly it and there is no problem. I've just downloaded and installed the latest driver for my AMD Radeon 6850 vid card and that's probably also sharing the blame. I'm also trying to find a decent program I can install on this W7Home OS that will shut down all unnecessary programs in the OS while FS9 or FSX is running. I had one for my WXP installation but when I changed OSs I lost the program, and can't remember what its name was. Does anyone have any personal preferences for such a program?

Bjoern
August 6th, 2015, 09:36
AlacrityPC used to be my prime choice when I still was on older hardware.

Hdguy
August 6th, 2015, 13:55
AlacrityPC used to be my prime choice when I still was on older hardware.

Same..... Worked great too.