PDA

View Full Version : Odd Dream - Much Ado About Nothing really

OBIO
October 7th, 2008, 00:30
I was nice and asleep, on the living room floor under a big thick comforter with the dogs nestled against my legs....when I awoke to the ringing of the telephone. By the time I get myself untangled from the dogs and comforter and get to the phone, it had stopped ringing. Looking at the time on the DVR box, I see that it is 3:56 AM. So, I hit caller ID and see that it was a call from the hospital....and seeing as how my wife has been in the hospital for 7 weeks as of yesterday, I figured it would be a really good idea to call back and see if something had gone wrong with my wife (beyond having a tumor the size of a tennis ball removed from her head...good thing she has a big head :costumes:). I get the hospital call desk and ask to be put through to my wife's ward. I tell them who I am, what room my wife is in, and they assure me that no nurses had called and that no one was in the room with my wife and that Deb was sound asleep (and would not be able to call out of her room due to the phones being shut off until 7 in the morning, aside from her not being physically capable of dialing the numbers to make the call).

So, after hanging up, I take a second look at the caller ID....and sure enough.... a call from the hospital at 3:55. So, I call the hospital back and ask the call desk if the various departments show different numbers when they call out....hoping that that would give me a clue as to who called. Nope, all calls from the hospital show the same number.

So, after hanging up again, I take a third look at the caller ID....and then I see that the call listed is from 3:55 PM...not AM...and was from when my mother-in-law called from my wife's room yesterday afternoon so my wife could ask me a question.

How odd that I would awake from a dream, hearing the phone ring, exactly 12 hours after the real call from the hospital.

That's all folks...going to go back to sleep now.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering why I would be sleeping on the living room floor when I have a nice comfy bed in the bed room....since my wife has been in the hospital, I have been unable to sleep in the bed...without her there with me, it just seems totally strange and deepens how much I miss having her home. So, I sleep either on the couch or the living room floor.

OBIO

jmig
October 7th, 2008, 03:16
May she recover soon and return to your love and arms.

Lionheart
October 7th, 2008, 08:46
Hey OBIO,

John put it well. I hope she is restored to good health soon and you are both back in bed, happy and sleeping well.

Dreams are wild. So much goes on, and its such a mystery.

My prayers are with you all.

Bill

Dangerousdave26
October 7th, 2008, 09:06
Fellow Ohioan I wish you both well and pray for a speedy recovery.

Sleep whereever you can find comfort :sleep: and the with the Dog is as good a place as any.

Cloud9Gal
October 7th, 2008, 15:59
Oh, in case anyone is wondering why I would be sleeping on the living room floor when I have a nice comfy bed in the bed room....since my wife has been in the hospital, I have been unable to sleep in the bed...without her there with me, it just seems totally strange and deepens how much I miss having her home. So, I sleep either on the couch or the living room floor.

OBIORegardless of the actual dream, your last paragraph is what actually made the whole thread! Wow! How sweet is that? If your wife could read this, I'm sure it would put a big smile on her face and make her feel "warm & fuzzy" inside. What a sweet thing to say OBIO :) You just made my day!

Thank you for sharing your dream!
I hope your wife gets better soon! ~Sending many blessings her way~

Take Care :wavey: