PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Aero

Panther_99FS
July 27th, 2015, 19:04
Lots of stuff going on here - shift is beginning swing away from mechanical grip...

stansdds
July 28th, 2015, 02:08
Yep, the goal is to create aero packages that allow cars to pass rather than getting stuck behind another car. It also decreases the aero advantage of being the lead car. We've seen instances where a slower car inherits the lead due to cautions and pit stops, but better cars cannot catch the leader because they must contend with the aero forces created by surrounding cars.

wombat666
July 28th, 2015, 07:32
Aero on a Breeze Block?????:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Panther_99FS
July 28th, 2015, 15:42
Yep, the goal is to create aero packages that allow cars to pass rather than getting stuck behind another car. It also decreases the aero advantage of being the lead car. We've seen instances where a slower car inherits the lead due to cautions and pit stops, but better cars cannot catch the leader because they must contend with the aero forces created by surrounding cars.

Yeah I know - but there goes "rubbin' is racin'..." :biggrin-new:

EasyEd
July 28th, 2015, 20:58
Hey All,

I think you need to read the assessments of this package by the drivers and NASCAR. There are issues with it and it did not seem to work. What NASCAR wants is the slicing and dicing action of IndyCars on the big ovals and/or more pack racing slingshots. That way we will have more races with the "big one". I have no problem messing with rules packages but they have to find a more equitable way for teams to adjust. If you spent a bunch of money testing under "old" rules and another team tested under "new" rules seems unfair to me.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
July 28th, 2015, 21:15
they have to find a more equitable way for teams to adjust.
-Ed-

Seems like the impossible task to me.
Remember the days when one manufacturer got ahead? And then NASCAR would subsequently penalize that team by forcing them to remove a quarter inch here and there...