PDA

View Full Version : Kyle wins ,cool

Daveroo
July 26th, 2015, 14:54
i know most of you complain about kyle ,but 4 of the last 5 races he wins?...so what if he has a mouth that engauges before his brian,,,but hate him or not..he CAN drive a race car,and if you say he cant? then please tell me who won those races...

Panther_99FS
July 26th, 2015, 15:02
I still find it hard to fathom that he can still be denied entry in The Chase with 4 wins.....
What happened to "win and you're in"...? :dizzy:

Panther_99FS
July 26th, 2015, 15:31
Okay,
Dale Jarrett just made an excellent post race comment.

The new rules with lower HP engines (which means you have to understand momentum) plays right into the hands of the drivers who are dominant in the XFinity series...And Kyle is obviously one of those drivers who is strong in XFinity...

PRB
July 26th, 2015, 16:51
I still find it hard to fathom that he can still be denied entry in The Chase with 4 wins.....

What happened is that Kyle has been granted, by NASCAR, a special exemption that will allow him to be in the chase this year, even though he does not qualify, according to the rules, no matter how many races he wins. They are cutting him a break, even after trying, by throwing deliberate "mystery cautions", to keep him from winning in the "Kyle Busch Series"... :)

Panther_99FS
July 26th, 2015, 16:56
What happened is that Kyle has been granted, by NASCAR, a special exemption that will allow him to be in the chase this year, even though he does not qualify, according to the rules, no matter how many races he wins. They are cutting him a break, even after trying, by throwing deliberate "mystery cautions", to keep him from winning in the "Kyle Busch Series"... :)

I almost want him (Kyle Busch) to win one more and NOT make The Chase just to point out the ridiculous of the rules in this case...

PRB
July 26th, 2015, 17:06
Well, we gots to have rules, no? Sometimes they don't make sense to us. Heck, just look at the RTW Race rules from one year to the next... :) I can understand the rule in this case. Would it be fair ("fair") if some "road course ringer" who ran only one NASCAR race, won at Watkins Glen, and got into the chase, bumping out the 16th place driver, who happened to be Dale Jr., who had no wins? Riots would ensue. Chaos, tumult, despair. Dogs and cats living together, that sort of thing. So, would it be fair? I don't know. I just understand the rule, I don't have a passionate opinion on it.

More to the point, in this case, is it fair to give Kyle Busch a pass on this rule? Would they do it for just any driver who crashed at Daytona..? Do you have to be popular to get this special treatment?

Panther_99FS
July 26th, 2015, 17:29
More to the point, in this case, is it fair to give Kyle Busch a pass on this rule? Would they do it for just any driver who crashed at Daytona..? Do you have to be popular to get this special treatment?

I would feel the same way if it was any other REGULAR driver - be it Brad, Jimmie, Joey, etc...win 5 races and not make The Chase due to an injury is ridiculous IMHO....

stansdds
July 27th, 2015, 02:01

Due to his injury at Daytona at the beginning of the season, he missed too many races. NASCAR granted him an exemption, but stipulated that he had to have one win and be in the top 30 in the points. That's a monumental task, nearly everyone said he could not meet the top 30 part, but with 4 wins he is only 23 points from being in the top 30. Kyle has talent and right now he is very focused. A focused Kyle Bush is a winning Kyle Bush. Never before have I been a fan of either of the Bush boys, but I will admit that I am rooting for Kyle to not only get into the Chase, but to win the championship just to prove all the "experts" wrong.

PRB
July 27th, 2015, 02:47
I would feel the same way if it was any other REGULAR driver - be it Brad, Jimmie, Joey, etc...win 5 races and not make The Chase due to an injury is ridiculous IMHO....

Back when NASCAR said Kyle would be eligible for the chase, it was pointed out that the "must complete in every race" part of the rule included the provision for having it waived in situations just like this. So, NASCAR agrees with you. Didn't they do the same to Tony Stewart, and Kurt Busch? Different reason in Kurt's case, but that part of the rule was again waived. So, Kyle won't miss the chase "due to his injury". If he does miss the chase, it will be because he wasn't in the top 30 in points, which seems highly unlikely at this point, the way he's been running! He sure is on a streak, and I hope he makes it.

joe bob
July 27th, 2015, 04:29
The Bush brothers have always reminded me of the Grubb brothers when they were still racing short tracks in the south.
They had the somewhat spoiled attitude of those that have a lot given to them on a plate, but annoyingly have natural talent in spades so you have to have some grudging respect for them.

Daveroo
July 27th, 2015, 05:27
they are arrogant,both of them,but i dont feel they were "handed anything on a plate" ..correct me if im wrong,cause i know yall will,but i dont believe their folks had to much money when they were kids,but dad wanted them to race,,he did as well?..or not?..im not sure about that...but both of them are "naturals",and started racing at an early age,i was called a natural as well,theyve worked very hard to get to where they are..i dont like either of them really..but Kyle is my dads fav driver,but only because Allen ,one of my life long friends,and dads good friends son,who was building Kyles engines when he first joined JGR,and he won alot of races with Allens engines,this in all three of the series.he has 5 Indy 500 winners too,,he built them when working for a company in Sacramento,then indy went to all honda and the company closed up.ive forgotten my main point....well they worked hard is all..lol