PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

Cees Donker
July 25th, 2015, 09:05
I'm having a perfect approach with the Piglet's Skyraider, and then after a halt, the plane topples backwards and crashes. Landing speed is 89 KIAS.

I don't know what's going wrong!

:dizzy::dizzy:

Cees

Milton Shupe
July 25th, 2015, 10:15
I'm having a perfect approach with the Piglet's Skyraider, and then after a halt, the plane topples backwards and crashes. Landing speed is 89 KIAS.

I don't know what's going wrong!

:dizzy::dizzy:

Cees

Cees,

Either the CoG is too far rearward, or the main gear contact points are too far forward.

You can try moving main gear back 2-3" to make a big difference.
This will be the first significant parameter in contact points 1 ad 2.

harrybasset
July 25th, 2015, 10:17
I think there is an FDE update available for it, perhaps that might help.

DaveB
July 25th, 2015, 11:08
I've not found an FD update for it but for sure.. it's not the easiest carrier model to land despite it's slow, lumbering manner. The suspension is quite soft (it'll bounce) and it'll happily float over the wires on full flap even full causing a go-around. Don't think I've had it sink backwards but I know what you mean.

ATB
DaveB:)

harrybasset
July 25th, 2015, 11:22
The update file is on FlightSim.com, its name is a1jupt.zip it was made to make the A-1 more compatible with aicarriers.

DaveB
July 25th, 2015, 11:49
The update file is on FlightSim.com, its name is a1jupt.zip it was made to make the A-1 more compatible with aicarriers.

Cheers Harry.. I'll take a look;)

Harry.. that update is a-1jupt.zip. It took me 21 pages to find it!
ATB

StormILM
July 25th, 2015, 12:09

That's it. I created the files with the kind and patient help of Mike Davies about 5 years ago after I encountered the very same behavior that Cees did. . It is a full update of the FDE as well as Config overhaul to get the contact points to where you'll have a more stable landing & ground handling experience. You can graft the files into either the Air Force or Naval variants with a little editing.

Cees Donker
July 25th, 2015, 23:54
Thank you! I'll have a go at it!

:applause:

Cees

harrybasset
July 26th, 2015, 04:25
Cheers Harry.. I'll take a look;)

Harry.. that update is a-1jupt.zip. It took me 21 pages to find it!
ATB

Apologies for my mistake (It's not easy typing when afflicted with Essential Tremors, my doctor says it's just another ailment of old age)

Cees Donker
July 26th, 2015, 12:33
Apologies for my mistake (It's not easy typing when afflicted with Essential Tremors, my doctor says it's just another ailment of old age)

Never mind Harry! You've been very helpful! I appreciate that very much!

:wavey:

Cees

DaveB
July 26th, 2015, 12:39
Have you had any more luck with it Cees??

ATB

mal998
July 26th, 2015, 15:43
OK, anyone want to play test pilot?

I have done a quick update of the "J" aircraft's flight dyanmics including COG, hook position, corrected landing gear positions and several adjustments to flight profile. To me they seem to be pretty good, but that's just me. So, if anyone wants to give them a try let me know if the fixes are acceptable post here or PM me and I email you a new set files for you to check out.

Cees Donker
July 26th, 2015, 22:25
Have you had any more luck with it Cees??

ATB

Improving my skills is the best remedy against bad landings.:biggrin-new: I'll keep you posted!

Cees

Cees Donker
July 26th, 2015, 22:26
OK, anyone want to play test pilot?

I have done a quick update of the "J" aircraft's flight dyanmics including COG, hook position, corrected landing gear positions and several adjustments to flight profile. To me they seem to be pretty good, but that's just me. So, if anyone wants to give them a try let me know if the fixes are acceptable post here or PM me and I email you a new set files for you to check out.

Sure! You got a PM.

Cees