PDA

View Full Version : Beech Volpar

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 04:51
Is anyone aware of one that works well in FSX? I found one last evening, but when I loaded the aircraft (into P3D) the VC had the two placeholders showing and no panel textures. Always liked the look of that airplane and I was hoping to find one that would transition to P3D.

Bjoern
July 23rd, 2015, 08:24
The only model I know of is Brian Gladden's which hails from the late FS2002 days or so. This is probably the one you've tried.

falcon409
July 23rd, 2015, 08:37
The only model I know of is Brian Gladden's which hails from the late FS2002 days or so. This is probably the one you've tried.
Yep, same one Bjoern. There are times when I think that maybe I should pull those FSX disc's out of storage and get that sim fired up again, lol.:banghead:

Bjoern
July 23rd, 2015, 09:18
There are times when I think that maybe I should pull those FSX disc's out of storage and get that sim fired up again, lol.:banghead:

Wait for the next Steam sale and get FSX for $5. Much less hassle.

roger-wilco-66
July 23rd, 2015, 17:34
A Volpar would be nice indeed. I also found just the old model. Same thing with the Helio Courier.

Cheers,
Mark

llanning08
July 24th, 2015, 08:33
Search Flightsom.com under FSX - FSX General Aviation for VOLPAR and you get three files.

I've got the FSX Beechcraft Model 18 Volpar Package Update by Michael E. Roberts flying quite nicely. Also applied the FSX Prop and smoke mod listed. Seems to fly quite well in my FSX-Accel setup.

The Northeast Airlines Volpar by Grindale had interior model problems, but I was able to import the texures into Robert's package, change the interior Volpar_parts .bmp textures, and it works just fine.

falcon409
July 24th, 2015, 08:57
Search Flightsom.com under FSX - FSX General Aviation for VOLPAR and you get three files.

I've got the FSX Beechcraft Model 18 Volpar Package Update by Michael E. Roberts flying quite nicely. Also applied the FSX Prop and smoke mod listed. Seems to fly quite well in my FSX-Accel setup.

The Northeast Airlines Volpar by Grindale had interior model problems, but I was able to import the texures into Robert's package, change the interior Volpar_parts .bmp textures, and it works just fine.
Yes, same one I've tried and no doubt it works very well in FSX, but it's P3D I was hoping to fly it in and that isn't possible.

llanning08
July 24th, 2015, 09:07
The Northeast Airlines 1958 by Grindele showed the same missing panel texture and black placeholders in my FSX. The VOLPAR package by Roberts worked fine. I then merged the Northeast Airlines into Robert's package.

Have you tried Robert's VOLPAR Package in P3D?

falcon409
July 24th, 2015, 12:14
. . . . . . .Have you tried Robert's VOLPAR Package in P3D?
Yes, that's the one I was working with. The older aircraft just have coding that isn't compatible with P3D any more. Premier Aircraft Design airplanes are the same way. . .they all display the missing VC textures and the solid black placeholder squares.