PDA

View Full Version : Weather architect

kiki
July 22nd, 2015, 08:06
Has anyone tried the new Rex Weather Architect? Is it any good? I usually fly in real world weather with ASN, but sometimes it might be interesting to have a weather of my own.

papab
July 24th, 2015, 02:52
Weather Architect utilizes a unique mapping and graphics system that allows you to draw and create multiple types of detailed weather systems anywhere within the world at various intensities.
Weather Architect is like no other weather engine on the market, allowing you to visualize full fledged weather systems in the distance. It allows complete control and creativity in developing detailed weather systems anywhere in the world, including over oceans where no weather stations exist within the simulator

Each weather cell can be customized and modified in terms of visibility, wind speed and direction, cloud turbulence, cloud shear, and cloud coverage. Weather cells available to select and draw include light to heavy rain and snow, light to heavy thunderstorms, various local fog cells, and various local wind cells. You are also able to set global weather parameters outside of the weather creation zones!

I am a BETA tester for REX and I have to say that this product is like no other on the market today!
I love severe weather and I am able to create fantastic weather systems loaded full of rain and lightning....

Highly recommend this for you weather buffs out there!

http://www.rexdirectexperience.com/architect.html (http://www.rexdirectexperience.com/architect.html)

Rick

flaviossa
July 24th, 2015, 03:02
Although i like a lot Rex products, i donīt see much need in this particular product. The real wather products available in the market already do a good job and i canīt see a point in "architect" the weather. Just waste another hour in pre-flight? In the same weather products there are a lot of pre-defined weather situations that you can load in your flight if you want a particular situation. Well, thatīs my opinion.
Iīm much more interested in the other product, Rex Weather Direct and what REX will do to raise the bar again.

papab
July 24th, 2015, 06:23
To create weather takes minutes not hours.....
Each to his own, I understand your point

And yes more to come!
Rick