PDA

View Full Version : Getting FSX:SE to look like my old FSX

jschall
July 20th, 2015, 05:21
In the past, when I have re-installed FSX for whatever reason, one of the first things I have added has been Ultimate Terrain X Canada and USA. Without UTX, the FSX scenery just doesn't look like the real world around me. UTX provides real-looking roads, bridges, railways and rivers.

Now, on Windows 10 release 10240, I have finally gotten FSX:SE to run, but the Flight 1 installer for UTX refuses to run.

Rather than struggle to get UTX to install, I thought I would ask your advice - is there something else I could install that would achieve the same realism as UTX? Something more up-to-date? Would FTX Global give me accurate local roads, for example?

Any suggestions?

Naismith
July 20th, 2015, 10:56
In the past, when I have re-installed FSX for whatever reason, one of the first things I have added has been Ultimate Terrain X Canada and USA. Without UTX, the FSX scenery just doesn't look like the real world around me. UTX provides real-looking roads, bridges, railways and rivers.

Now, on Windows 10 release 10240, I have finally gotten FSX:SE to run, but the Flight 1 installer for UTX refuses to run.

Rather than struggle to get UTX to install, I thought I would ask your advice - is there something else I could install that would achieve the same realism as UTX? Something more up-to-date? Would FTX Global give me accurate local roads, for example?

Any suggestions?

I have found with some Flight 1 products (older ones) even on my W7 64 they will not install until I boot into safe mode then they do. Just a thought.

paiken
July 20th, 2015, 14:17
I've recently installed FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector with outstanding results. I previously used both GEX North America for textures and UTX for roads/streams/rivers, ect., but the FTX products totally transformed the way the scenery looks. It may cost a bit, but if you wait for sales, then it won't be such a big ouch on the budget.

jschall
July 21st, 2015, 02:53
I've recently installed FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector with outstanding results. I previously used both GEX North America for textures and UTX for roads/streams/rivers, ect., but the FTX products totally transformed the way the scenery looks.

Thanks for the encouragemenht, @paiken.

Did you have to use any special precautions or procedures to install the ORBX stuff on FSX:SE?

paiken
July 21st, 2015, 04:24
Nope...the installers found the FSX folder with no issues here.