PDA

View Full Version : I thought I'd share something concerning AI traffic files.

rdaniell
July 18th, 2015, 20:11
For several hours tonight, I've been getting more and more frustrated :banghead: . I was trying to put a small AI Traffic File in a current scenery project. Well! every time that I would check it, there would be duplicate airplanes located at the airport. I must have recompiled the Traffic BGL 6 or 7 times and yet :dizzy: ; there was always duplicates of the airplanes.

What I thought I would share is this: I finally thought about doing a file search. Well, there was a duplicate BGL file. I had forgotten that while working on a different traffic file for another airport, I had directed the program to send the BGL to that specific add-on scenery folder. So what was happening was that ever time that I compiled the file that I am currently working on, the BGL would also go to the other specific add-on scenery folder plus the world scenery folder.

I deleted that file and the duplicate airplanes disappeared. I feel very pleased with myself that I killed a gremlin...:applause:
I hope that maybe this post will help some of you'll who like to do your own AI traffic programming

RD

Emile
July 18th, 2015, 20:19
Hello,
I use this tool :
"************************************************** *******************
MH's AI Traffic Pack V2.2 Update - 05.08.2009
Readme
Copyright (C) by Michael Heise
E-Mail: mikiair@freenet.de
I hope it is still available.
Hope it helps

rdaniell
July 18th, 2015, 20:54
Hello,
I use this tool :
"************************************************** *******************
MH's AI Traffic Pack V2.2 Update - 05.08.2009
Readme
Copyright (C) by Michael Heise
E-Mail: mikiair@freenet.de
I hope it is still available.
Hope it helps

Thanks Emile. I use aifp_v2.1.25 to convert my traffic files to FSX format as I still use Traffic Tools to write my own traffic plans. It has always worked great for me :encouragement:. I just forgot to change the direction of the finished FSX bgl. I'll have to take a look and see if your suggested upgrade is still available.

Best of luck with your AI flight planning :running:.

RD

Bjoern
July 19th, 2015, 10:08
AIFP's more recent major version is 3, btw.
http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

dexthom
July 19th, 2015, 11:41
Each time that you use the library tool while in an FS session, say you put a traffic bgl in and use the library to refresh, the AI will double itself.