PDA

View Full Version : A new PC built specifically for X-plane

runswithscissors
July 18th, 2015, 15:14
Hi, everybody well I am getting back into flying X-plane and am having a PC built specifically for it.

My question is the graphics card for it is going to be a Titan X, the question is although the Titan X is a brute of a card would X-plane benefit from using a separate GPU as a dedicated Physix card.

Yes if I do this the second card is used it will not be in sli with the Titan X.

Looking forward to the hearing from you guy's.

txnetcop
July 18th, 2015, 16:24
Hi, everybody well I am getting back into flying X-plane and am having a PC built specifically for it.

My question is the graphics card for it is going to be a Titan X, the question is although the Titan X is a brute of a card would X-plane benefit from using a separate GPU as a dedicated Physix card.

Yes if I do this the second card is used it will not be in sli with the Titan X.

Looking forward to the hearing from you guy's.

If you plan to use the new HD graphics set they require 4GBs of VRAM to be very fluid. so Titan looks like a good choice. if I remember correctly it comes with 3072 CUDA cores and 12GB of GDDR5 VRAM. It is overkill right now but the way things are progressing it may be a good solid choice for the future. I assume you are going to mate that with a HASWELL CPU 3.7 GHz or better.
Ted

runswithscissors
July 18th, 2015, 16:57
Hi Ted, thanks for answering my questions, I have included a full list of the things in the PC.

If you could give it a look over and advise if you would change anything.

Things in the X-Plane PC

1 Cool Master Cosmos case XL-ATX Ultra case

1 Intel I7 4960X processor

1 Rampage IV LGA mobo

64 GB Corsair Vengence Ram

1 Titan X 12 GB video card/watercooled

Water Cooling

1 Corsair 1500 Watt Dominator PS

1 ROG Swift Monitor

1 Evo 850 1 TB SSD

1 Win 8.1 Pro

And all my fingers crossed......

txnetcop
July 20th, 2015, 06:43
Hi Ted, thanks for answering my questions, I have included a full list of the things in the PC.

If you could give it a look over and advise if you would change anything.

Things in the X-Plane PC

1 Cool Master Cosmos case XL-ATX Ultra case

1 Intel I7 4960X processor

1 Rampage IV LGA mobo

64 GB Corsair Vengence Ram

1 Titan X 12 GB video card/watercooled

Water Cooling

1 Corsair 1500 Watt Dominator PS

1 ROG Swift Monitor

1 Evo 850 1 TB SSD

1 Win 8.1 Pro

And all my fingers crossed......