PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the FSD YF23 pls!

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 02:53
Good morning,

yesterday I bought the YF 23 from FSD http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/YF23/Index.htm. I use FSX Steam Edition. Register my product worked, but I have 2 issues;

1. When I installed it, I got an error Log Message:
ERRORS ENCOUNTERED

1.Error 6: Windows cannot provide a working path for your Flight Simulator configuration folder.
2.Error 75: Problems were encountered creating Windows shortcuts.
2 out of 4 shortcuts created.
3.Error 74: Problems were encountered creating Windows shortcuts.

But it installed the plane in my FSX

2. My Cocpit screens are black, I cannot switch them on ore something.
I tested around for 2 hours, but nothing helped. I cannot even reinstall it because I get an other error message. "please select an uninstall option" and then it says "the program cannot find the YF23 in itīs recorded install location. Press find to help us locate it". And then "please select an uninstall option" comes again.

So as I am sure you can all understand I am quite upset with this product. They assured me that it works "fine" with steam. I wrote to their support, but no answer yet.

Iīd be very thankfull if someone cold help me, solving this problem

Martin

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 02:58
Sorry for misspelling I wrote fast and I cannot edit it :neglected:

Dumonceau
July 17th, 2015, 03:27
Someone should have told you: FSD installers do not work in FSX:SE!

In think that, in order to install it into FSX boxed version, you will need to uninstall, clean the registry of the remaining traces of it, reboot and reïnstall.

Also, installing FSD stuff is best done with UAC off, especially if you use Windows 8.x.

Johan

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 03:34
I donīt understand this because the installer asked me "do you want to install it into FSX steam". So he found it without problems, it also installed it well. I could ignore the error message if my cockpit screens would work. I switched off my Antivirus during installation, too.
This is what support told me:

"Hi Martin,

The YF23 works great in FS X Steam.

Let us know if you require further assistance."

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 03:43
Edit: I found this http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?18663-FSD-Milviz-YF-23-OUT-NOW!/page5

It is some years old and I canīt find a solution here, too. It makes me really mad, paying 19€ for a not working product and I also have to find the error by myself. If I could I would get my money back. Sorry guys

Dumonceau
July 17th, 2015, 04:11
Martin,

Your errors

1.Error 6: Windows cannot provide a working path for your Flight Simulator configuration folder.

Clearly indicate that your user account control is still active. You also have to run the installer as an administrator. Especially in windows 8 or 8.1.

Johan

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 07:11
Martin,

Your errors

Clearly indicate that your user account control is still active. You also have to run the installer as an administrator. Especially in windows 8 or 8.1.

Johan

I bought the plane yesterday. When I loggin on their website, everything is ok. I did ran the installer as an admin. I donīt get any response from their support

Dumonceau
July 17th, 2015, 07:17
When I mention user account control, then I refer to the user account control of your rig. Please turn it off and try again!

Johan

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 07:42
When I mention user account control, then I refer to the user account control of your rig. Please turn it off and try again!

Johan

Sorry I do not understand what you mean. I am not the biggest Computer Pro and English is not my first language. And as I also said, I cannot even deinstall it. So is it wise to just "over install" the plane?

Dumonceau
July 17th, 2015, 07:53
Sorry I do not understand what you mean. I am not the biggest Computer Pro and English is not my first language. And as I also said, I cannot even deinstall it. So is it wise to just "over install" the plane?

Hey Martin,

What IS your first language?

And nono just installing is not the right way.

PM me please.

Johan

Katoun
July 17th, 2015, 07:57
Hi,

Colin has asked me to be clear:

1) MV is no longer associated with FSD and has, in fact, asked them repeatedly to stop selling our products.
2) we do NOT provide any support for the products that they are selling.
3) Any redux or redone products will not be given a price reduction for those who have purchased from FSD.

Therefore, mailing or PM'ing us asking us for support is useless.

I am sorry but there you have it.

Kat.

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 08:04
Hi,

Colin has asked me to be clear:

1) MV is no longer associated with FSD and has, in fact, asked them repeatedly to stop selling our products.
2) we do NOT provide any support for the products that they are selling.
3) Any redux or redone products will not be given a price reduction for those who have purchased from FSD.

Therefore, mailing or PM'ing us asking us for support is useless.

I am sorry but there you have it.

Kat.

OK for me to understand: I wrote an email to support@fsd.comcastbiz.net. Was this ok or wrong?
This is the homepage where I bought the plane.

So Katoun your company developed the plane, and fsd is still selling it? I hope I understood now or am I still wrong?

If it is so it would be nice if I have known this 24 hours ago. I got an answer of FSD very friendly "oh yes our products are working fine with steam".
This is just lol!!! Now I have a problem and no response from them.

Dumonceau
July 17th, 2015, 08:10
OK for me to understand: I wrote an email to support@fsd.comcastbiz.net. Was this ok or wrong?
This is the homepage where I bought the plane.

So Katoun your company developed the plane, and fsd is still selling it? I hope I understood now or am I still wrong?

If it is so it would be nice if I have known this 24 hours ago. I got an answer of FSD very friendly "oh yes our products are working fine with steam".
This is just lol!!! Now I have a problem and no response from them.

You're correct on all accounts and you are, like so many FSD customers, suffering from bad customer service.

have you read my pm??

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 08:14
You're correct on all accounts and you are, like so many FSD customers, suffering from bad customer service.

have you read my pm??

Yes I just answerd. OK this is ****. YF23 is a very lovely plane but I cannot get it working and I really want to have it.
I tried to connect the YF23Cockpit.dll for the panel with my fsx dll.xml. It works but the damned cockpit is still black like... a deep toilet

Bjoern
July 17th, 2015, 09:53
As I've said on FlightX, check the panel.cfg for any missing gauge files and if the texture.cfg files in the texture folders point to the right destination.

martin88
July 17th, 2015, 10:04
Nothing is missing or anything. I even tried the non Steam Version, if this one works perhaps. Nothing same mistake. And I deleted the FSD stuff out of my registry per hand because this "great" product is even to stupid to deinstall on its own.
Until now I did not get any response from support. This is a very poor story. I now kicked this crap out of my Computer. I donīt want to mess up my FSX even more.

DON`T BUY ANYTHING FROM THE FSD HOMEPAGE! YOU WILL SIT ON YOUR OWN A** IF SOMETHING DOESNīT WORK!