PDA

View Full Version : Searchlights for PTO?

dasuto247
July 16th, 2015, 22:56
I tried looking up but seems any searchlights are for ETO, Need some for PTO, namely for Singapore in 1941 and for later missions in B-29's.Well they are needed for everywhere in between if using night missions. Anyone know if searchlights for PTO is around or anyone able/willing to create them? Thanks.

hewman100
July 17th, 2015, 00:10
There aren't any at present, but then I don't believe there are any CFS2 PTO missions that require them.

kdriver
July 17th, 2015, 00:41
Hi Dasauto,

Here is one which can be used as a GSL object. I don't know where I got it from. It shows up during the day as well as at night. This could be a problem if you wanted to use it as permanent scenery. If it's only used in night missions, it should be fine. The .bgl goes in the SCENEDB\inf\scenery folder and the .dp goes in the OBJECTS_DP folder.

I also have a couple of .dp files - searchlight and searchlight_small in my OBJECTS_DP folder but I don't know to which .bgl file they refer.

Kevin

dasuto247
July 17th, 2015, 01:49
There aren't any at present, but then I don't believe there are any CFS2 PTO missions that require them.

Singapore raids in 41, Brits used searchlights.Japanese used them at Wewak, in Japan against B29's etc.

dasuto247
July 17th, 2015, 01:49
Hi Dasauto,

Here is one which can be used as a GSL object. I don't know where I got it from. It shows up during the day as well as at night. This could be a problem if you wanted to use it as permanent scenery. If it's only used in night missions, it should be fine. The .bgl goes in the SCENEDB\inf\scenery folder and the .dp goes in the OBJECTS_DP folder.

I also have a couple of .dp files - searchlight and searchlight_small in my OBJECTS_DP folder but I don't know to which .bgl file they refer.

Kevin

Thanks, I will give it a try.:jump: Well I can always remove it if flying over area in day.

hewman100
July 18th, 2015, 00:09
I can't remember if the searchlight placement layers produced for London and the Kammhuber Line had the same problem.

As an historical aside, Singapore had only one Searchlight Regiment. For disposition this was made up of four Searchlight Batteries, in turn these consisted of 4 Troops.
Each troop was made up of 6 Detachments with a single light each. These required between 9 and 12 men to operate one light. So at full strength, a Regiment consisted of 96 searchlights.

dasuto247
July 18th, 2015, 16:42
I can't remember if the searchlight placement layers produced for London and the Kammhuber Line had the same problem.

As an historical aside, Singapore had only one Searchlight Regiment. For disposition this was made up of four Searchlight Batteries, in turn these consisted of 4 Troops.
Each troop was made up of 6 Detachments with a single light each. These required between 9 and 12 men to operate one light. So at full strength, a Regiment consisted of 96 searchlights.

Thanks for the info.I put them and have tested.Would like to but not going to put 96 lights in, mostly out of concern for FPS hit but put enough in there, they definitely add some immersion to mission.The flak is pretty tough, between that and the lights in a night raid over Singapore, looks pretty "cool".

kdriver
July 19th, 2015, 07:08
I tested Searchlight and Searchlight_small and they both work as GSL objects as well. I have their corresponding .bgl files but do not know the names of them. I suspect they're hidden in a larger library .bgl file.

dvslats
July 19th, 2015, 08:49
Hello All,

I think these searchlights are from Wozza. I remember Jean Bomber sending them to me for his "Gibraltar" scenery.
They can also be found in Jagd's Raf Stettin Raid mission (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?78588-raf_stettin_raid-zip).

I hope this sheds some light (pun) on the subject. :encouragement:

Cheerz, Dave